Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bow Fishing
Has anyone tired this?
I haven't but i would like to. Where can i get the set-up for my bow?
Not sure never tried it looks challenging and fun id like to try it....
sounds fun
yeah
does any one know some website for type of fishing
i would like to try it
do people do it around here
Not sure but i would like to know were u can get the stuff if its not to expensive i might give it a shot.....
yea it would be fun to try
let me know bruiser
One thing i would need to now would u have to it off a boat and were would you do that kind of fishing...........and also what if u get a fish that is not legal to take u can;t just throw it back....
I would like to try it
"OU_Bruiser" Wrote:One thing i would need to now would u have to it off a boat and were would you do that kind of fishing...........and also what if u get a fish that is not legal to take u can;t just throw it back....

thats true would u get in trouble if u got a small bass or something
it would be fun to try
hmm idk about that, but i'd say u would have to be sure of it before u take the shot, because if u threw it back, it would surely die
"Blackcat75" Wrote:hmm idk about that, but i'd say u would have to be sure of it before u take the shot, because if u threw it back, it would surely die
That would probly be the biggest problem
yep
Ok i decided to do a serch on google and found this great website with everything you seem to need except a boat... http://www.amsbowfishing.com i will be looking up on the rules and stuff and i will post them as soon as i find them
Here are some rules but there from Kansas all i could find for now..... BOWFISHING

All waters are open to bowfishing, unless posted otherwise. Some bowfishing is permitted at city, county, township, or private lakes, but regulations vary, so bowfishermen should consult local rules. Fish which can be legally taken by bowfishing are nonsport fish. Crossbows are legal. Bowfishermen must have in possession a valid Kansas fishing license, unless exempt by law. Arrows must have barbed heads, and each arrow must be attached by a line to the bow and must be shot from the bow. Waters within 50 yards of an occupied boat dock or ramp, occupied swimming area, occupied picnic site or camping area, and other public-use areas are closed to bowfishing.
Seems to me the only fish you can take with a bow would be Carp,Musky,Alligator gar,Just about any fish that is not a game fish such as Bass,Trout,Crappie ect..ect...
good post ou
"Blackcat75" Wrote:good post ou
Thanks....did you check the site
yea one of those kits doesn't sound to bad, sounds like everything u need for under 200
When i get the money i might order the cheap 1 and go to a local creek and see if i can see some good size fish to try it out lol......If no luck there i guess i will have to try a lake.....but don't really want to risk it till i get the rules and regulations from Kentucky if they have any from what i have serched they don't but i would say the same rules apply......
i always called it gigging
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:i always called it gigging
What did you alwasy call gigging ...Bowfishing......