Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 50 Christian County 0 ( Class 5A State Championship )
Final.
4th blowout!
Congrats to the boys and coaching staff of Highlands on #20! CC choked like a little girl!:lmao:
Stardust what time will they be in the weight room Monday to get ready for number 21? Congrats Highlands!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
HIGHLANDS 50, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: Billy Huddleston’s 25-yard interception return for a TD has pushed the lead to half-a-hundred, which means we’ll have a non-stop clock for the last 5 minutes of the third quarter, and the entire fourth quarter. Thank goodness.
HIGHLANDS 43, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: Corey Compton’s 1-yard TD extended Highlands’ comfortable lead midway through the third quarter. If it gets to 45-0, we’ll have a running clock, which is what a lot of bone-cold fans (and media) are hoping for.
HIGHLANDS 36, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: The Bluebirds opened the second half by marching into field goal range, and Adam Weinel kicked a 37-yarder with 8:50 left in the third quarter.
HALFTIME — HIGHLANDS 33, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: The Bluebirds outgained Christian County 273 to 22. Patrick Towles has run for 165 yards and 5 TDs. Christian County threatened to score once, but Anthony Hickey’s pass to the end zone was intercepted by Highlands’ Carter New.
HIGHLANDS 33, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: The beat-down goes on. Highlands QB Patrick Towles just ran for his fifth TD of the game with 27 seconds left in the first half.
HIGHLANDS 26, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: What was expected to be a close game has turned lopsided already. After Christian County’s punter fell down under a heavy rush at his own 29, Highlands QB Patrick Towles ran 28 yards to the 1, then got the TD on the next snap with 8:38 left in the first half. Towles has run for 117 yards and 4 TDs.
HIGHLANDS 19, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: It continues to be the Patrick Towles show on offense for Highlands. The junior QB just ran 23 yards for this third TD with 11 minutes left in the first half. Highlands has 154 yards to Christian County’s 3 yards.
HIGHLANDS 12, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: Highlands QB Patrick Towles scooted 24 yards for a TD, giving him 69 yards and 2 TDs on 8 carries already. Christian Conty has had the ball twice and has gained a net 1 yard.
HIGHLANDS 6, CHRISTIAN COUNTY 0: Bluebirds QB Patrick Towles marched his team 70 yards in 14 plays on its first possession and scored from the 6-yard line. The drive took almost 6 minutes off the clock. Towles carried 7 times for 45 yards.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Stardust what time will they be in the weight room Monday to get ready for number 21? Congrats Highlands!

Mentally, they will be ready on the bus ride home. :Thumbs:
Congrats Highlands. Wish they would put JC and FtH on opposite sides of the bracket from now on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congrats to Highlands on number 20.

IMO the state championship game was played in Paintsville a few weeks ago.
Congrats Birds on # 20!
Great Job Birds. Sounds like the Championship was won at Johnsonville :notworthy
Congratulations Highlands
It seems like they always have trouble with Johnson Central.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Can't wait till next year!
Wow! Thats pretty bad when the easiest game of the playoffs is the State Championship!! Congrats Highlands!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Way to go Blue Birds!....Congrads!...:1:
congrats highlands, from a golden eagle fan and parent. your sucess has made our program look even stronger. you guys were great tho, imo, a better team , our kids just wouldn't go away. i'm proud of both teams, and glad no one was injured. ur sucess is our sucess, and our desire to win keeps you focussed. two trmendous programs
Congrats Birds. Next Friday night the Campbell County Showdown: Highlands vrs: Newport Central Catholic in the parking lot of Skyline Chili on Carothers Road.:please:
I don't know whether to say WOW for how good Highlands played tonight, or UGH for how poorly we played. If we would have played like this in any of the last three week's games, we would have been sent home a long time ago by multiple td's also. To Highlands credit, they took advantage of our weaknesses. Congrats to both teams on great seasons. I am always impressed by Highlands when we play them. It looked like they had 14 or 15 players on the field at all times tonight. I am also looking forward to watching qb playing on saturdays, hopefully in KY blue!!!
Wow, very impressive. Congrats Highlands.
When these seniors entered as freshman they were labelled hopeless. Having played with them for three years I couldnt disagree more. These seniors overcame the label they were given and showed that they are the real deal this afternoon. I couldnt be happier for this class. Congrats Birds.
word is Dale Mueller just opened up the weightroom for all the underclassmen
Does this win make Johnson Central the second best team in 5A then?
Bear_Paw Wrote:Great Job Birds. Sounds like the Championship was won at Johnsonville :notworthy

Yeah, but I didn't expect it to be illustrated to quite this extent. Christian County was never in this game.
Highlands has been the real deal all year
cougarpride08 Wrote:Stardust what time will they be in the weight room Monday to get ready for number 21? Congrats Highlands!

Monday? Why wait until Monday. Some (mostly the new "Seniors") will be in there tomorrow.

Plenty of positions are wide open, and you want to get a jump on securing a spot.
Thunder 44 Wrote:Monday? Why wait until Monday. Some (mostly the new "Seniors") will be in there tomorrow.

Plenty of positions are wide open, and you want to get a jump on securing a spot.

How many sleeps until August?:biggrin:
Just landed back in Ft. Thomas and witnessed the most lopsided Bird State title score in history. There was a palpable nervous anticipation at wether or not Highlands D would be able to contain the speedy tandem on CC's team. It was evident after the first series that Highlands and Weinrich knew what to do. They shut CC down offensively and Towles and Compton exploited huge gaps in the CC rush defense. They ran almost exclusively in the game simply b/c it was working. Patrick Towles is a different QB with Compton in the backfield. The entire team is different offensively when he is in the game. The addition of Compton made this the blowout it was. I noticed that the CC colonels fan base quickly fled post game and did not even watch their team pick up the state runnerup trophy. Very disrespectful IMO. The wind was howling in WKU but it didn't matter b/c Dale kept it on the ground. Weinel had a heckuva game as well. New, Seidl, Huddleston, and Hollingsworth played great. CC looked confused and completely out of sorts tonight. They had no answers for the speed of the Bird D. The Bird D dominated with fumble recovery's and INT's. It was the most dominating performance I've seen of the Birds this year. This was the Pre Cov Cath team that we all had grown accustomed to and it was nice to catch one more last glimpse before the season ended. They proved that they are the best in the state when healthy. Congratulations to this mediocre team that came in the game ****ed off and made a statement for the ages.:1:
FTBigBird Wrote:Congrats Birds on # 20!

Man, they let anyone on BGR.....lol:biggrin:
No, it does not mean JC was second best this year. They tied for eighth place which means no will remember that.
toyobuilder Wrote:Does this win make Johnson Central the second best team in 5A then?

In my opinion it does and Harlan County should also be at least a top 5.