Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toddler may have killed baby
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...-be-killer

BURLINGTON -- Attorneys for a Hebron couple charged with killing their 2-month-old daughter tried to show Thursday that their 2-year-old could have caused the fatal injury to the infant.

Benjamin and Laura Senseman face life in prison if convicted of murder and first degree criminal abuse. The trial is in its fourth day in Boone Circuit Court.

Nicole Steffen, who babysat the 2-year-old, testified that the toddler became unruly during his mother's pregnancy.

"I really saw a change in him," she said. "His personality started to change. He started acting out."

She testified that Cole threw toys across the room, hit her and kicked her. When she tried to read him a book about being a big brother, he threw the book across the room.

"I had never seen a temper like that," she said.

But Steffen did not tell the Sensemans about the temper tantrum.

"I didn't tell her how bad he reacted to it because I didn't want to hurt her feelings," she said.

However, Steffen said that, when she babysat the children together, Cole didn't do anything to the baby.

The infant died July 12, 2009, from a blow to the head that caused a traumatic brain injury, a medical examiner testified.

An autopsy found several older injuries including a broken arm, seven broken ribs and two broken ankles.

A doctor who saw the baby on June 26 testified Thursday that he did not find anything wrong with the baby.

But prosecutor Stephanie Kastner pointed out that according to the medical examiner the injuries to the baby had not yet occurred.

The trial is expected to continue until at least Friday
WOW! What can you say????
Speechless...
I hope they don't try to blame him if he didn't do it, just to get out of trouble.