Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how is turkey hunting going for you??
how is turkey hunting going for you
Well me and my buddy went to Lawrence Co....and we got on the hill and called and heard one gobble on the other side of the hill, so we went over to it and called and called and it gobbled again and someone shot the turkey we had gobbling at us.....so that kinda sucked....well we went on around the hill and heard another one gobble and it wasnt 2 minutes the same thing happened again someone else shot the turkey that was gobbling at us....so we left there and went to another place and got one to gobble and GUESS what someone shot that one too......so we heard 3 gobble at us and saw 6 hens.....we had 2 hens within 15 yrds from us and they didnt know we was there, so that was kinda neat
My dad and grandfather went down to our cabin in Cave Run Friday morning and I drove down that night. They went hunting Saturday morning and I had to go out in Morehead and watch a football practice.
Dad killed a turkey that weighed around 25lbs. and my grandfather killed one around 14lbs.
Then I went with my dad this morning down there and we saw about 8 on the other side of a field we were hunting and they ran off. Then about 10 minutes later three of them came walking down our side of the field. He said are you ready and I counted down 3 2 1 then i shot and mine fell, the other two took off and he finially shot twice at one while it was running. Then I asked what happened and he had forgot to take his safety off. lol He was so mad. Then I was like well I shot the one on the right and it was the small one about 16 lbs. and you let the two big ones get away?
But I kept our deal I would take the one on the right and he would take the one on the left. So after 4 years, I got my first turkey.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
football05 Wrote:Well me and my buddy went to Lawrence Co....and we got on the hill and called and heard one gobble on the other side of the hill, so we went over to it and called and called and it gobbled again and someone shot the turkey we had gobbling at us.....so that kinda sucked....well we went on around the hill and heard another one gobble and it wasnt 2 minutes the same thing happened again someone else shot the turkey that was gobbling at us....so we left there and went to another place and got one to gobble and GUESS what someone shot that one too......so we heard 3 gobble at us and saw 6 hens.....we had 2 hens within 15 yrds from us and they didnt know we was there, so that was kinda neat
That truly sucks!!!
I've had that happen to me once, but not three times. I feel for you man.
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
ahh I bet we walked about 4 miles....lol....it was worth it i enjoyed my self I WILL kill a turkey this yr i promise you that....my buddy said he was proud of me b/c he thouht I would be noisy but he said i done awsome so I will kill one
I haven't had a chance to go yet.
football05 Wrote:ahh I bet we walked about 4 miles....lol....it was worth it i enjoyed my self I WILL kill a turkey this yr i promise you that....my buddy said he was proud of me b/c he thouht I would be noisy but he said i done awsome so I will kill one

Its harder than you think. Good Luck Buddy.
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Yes I know its hard, but I will kill one just wait im not being cocky just confident
Good luck man, call me an let me know.
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
WILL DO promise
Well I shouldn't of said that. I thought it came off kind of cocky. It took me a long time to kill my first turkey. I just got lucky. But good luck to u fb05 and everone else.
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
killed one saturday 21 lbs. 10.5 inch beard and 1 1/4 inch spurs. great morninbg heard about 7 gobblers that morning
My dad killed a 32 pounder!! Not a hunting tale either . You should have seen the size of this bird, it was unreal!!!
sounds like a state record
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:My dad killed a 32 pounder!! Not a hunting tale either . You should have seen the size of this bird, it was unreal!!!

got a pic
Got a 23 Pounder with a 11inch beard.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:My dad killed a 32 pounder!! Not a hunting tale either . You should have seen the size of this bird, it was unreal!!!
Saw it in the newspaper!!! Your dad has a really big bird!!!
i havent killed one this year but i saw a bunch of em last deer season.
this year i had the worst luck. heard alot of gobbles but i could never get them to come in
I havent killed anything yet.