Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2011
How are the Bulldogs looking for next year? Return some talented players in Kiser, Bentley, Clay, Combs, Wellman, Schaeffer, and Marcum. Could they be better in 2011? I know they lost a few lineman.
i see the dawgs at 7-3 on the regular season.. best of luck!
Replacing those senior linemen will be a BIG factor.
Replacing Turner O'brian, Hunter James, Kyle Crum, and Blake Bradley won't be easy either. Coach Salmons and staff is doing a great job with the cards they were dealt. I hope the younger classmen have good work ethic and they're able to step into some of these guys shoes.
The Offense and defense are returning many starters from last year such as caleb bentley, jake marcum, tyler combs, hayden kiser, blake schaeffer, lance clay, josh marcum, jordan wellman, and cole cyrus. They are also looking for many underclassman to step up and more people to come out and play. Another solid year for the dogs.
Defiant Wrote:The Offense and defense are returning many starters from last year such as caleb bentley, jake marcum, tyler combs, hayden kiser, blake schaeffer, lance clay, josh marcum, jordan wellman, and cole cyrus. They are also looking for many underclassman to step up and more people to come out and play. Another solid year for the dogs.

This coaching staff and players seem to work well together and get the most
out of what they got.
They will be fine, i predict even better than 2010. The backs they have are really good and Combs should be a hoss next year at lft tackle. Going down to 3A wont be a easy task as it seems it should be. I hope they play a better scedule next year. Would love to see Prestonburg, Ashland or a JC on the schedule.
TSSI Wrote:They will be fine, i predict even better than 2010. The backs they have are really good and Combs should be a hoss next year at lft tackle. Going down to 3A wont be a easy task as it seems it should be. I hope they play a better scedule next year. Would love to see Prestonburg, Ashland or a JC on the schedule.

Prestonsburg and Ashland will be.
Anyone know the numbers working out this off season?
TSSI Wrote:They will be fine, i predict even better than 2010. The backs they have are really good and Combs should be a hoss next year at lft tackle. Going down to 3A wont be a easy task as it seems it should be. I hope they play a better scedule next year. Would love to see Prestonburg, Ashland or a JC on the schedule.

I thought Combs was their Center?
They have one of the best coaches in KY at the helm which can only help their chances in 3A. The kids there are growing accustomed to success which is half that battle. A stonger schedule will help them too.

Here's wishing LC a great 1st season in 3A land.
This is the most important time of year for LC and they all should be in the weight room getting faster and stronger. Combs next year at tackle for LC will be a huge assest and they return so much talent to next years team. Cant wait to see them.
Lawrence is in a world of a mess right now with coach salmons quitting today. what will happen next? who will be the next coach? will they get someone in before spring ball? i cant believe this is happening!!!
Don't worry my friend LC will be OK. Yes Luke will be missed. However I know Mike Copley is in the mix of the hiring process. Great fit if you asked me.
Has Copley ever really won anywhere he coached? He did not do much for Greenup except cause a lot of hype and not live up to it
TSSI Wrote:Don't worry my friend LC will be OK. Yes Luke will be missed. However I know Mike Copley is in the mix of the hiring process. Great fit if you asked me.

How can you be in mis of hiring process if Salmon's resignation has not been turned in????
Is it official that Coach Salmons is leaving? He has done a very credible job at Lawrence County. I believe he will be successful wherever he goes.
No way LC would want Copley, complete failure in both chances he got. LC has a least a dozen homebred better choices than that.
would dixon be a good coach here at LC?
I dont think Dixon will be in the mix as much as he would like to be. There are several names currently being tossed around. Alan Short,john Caudill,Mike Copley. Not sure any of the afore mentioned are right for the personnel
Well LC has their tougher schedule this year and will be tackling it with a new coach. Now everyone (are you listening Bell Co. fans) knows why LC had the schedule they did the last two years. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
As for coaches I don't see any of these coming home for a high school job but I would love to hear Michaels, Parker and Wrights name being mentioned. I feel it will ultimately be Mr. Cook from JC returning home. I spoke with him awhile back and he is certainly still a bulldog and with his brother being the principle at the high school this is who I plan on seeing next year.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
I hope Coach Burchett is the next coach at Lawrence County. Hopefully he could bring Alan Short and John Caudill in to help out. I don't think there is much of a chance for Parker or Michaels coming back.
I don't either but you never know. Is Michaels staying with the 49ers I assume he will since he does have a connection with Harbaugh while at WKY.
CatDawg Wrote:Well LC has their tougher schedule this year and will be tackling it with a new coach. Now everyone (are you listening Bell Co. fans) knows why LC had the schedule they did the last two years. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Do you really think Salmons crafted a weak schedule so he could win lots of games and put himself in a good position to move up and out?

That is a pretty harsh criticism of character. And you may be right - i'm not close to it at all. But it just sounds bigger than what a young coach would typically be capable of planning.
I don't think that was just the plan but certainly had to be part of the plan.
salmons did what he had to do to win. you play to win the game period. would you rather go 1-9 vs a tough schedule or 12-1 vs a lighter schedule and still beat tough teams in the playoffs? i think i'll go with option 2. i believe anyone would have
kdrn Wrote:No way LC would want Copley, complete failure in both chances he got. LC has a least a dozen homebred better choices than that.

Just to be clear... Copley isn't a LC homebred, he is from the Paintsville area I believe, not LC.
I really hope all the players who have been very dedicated over the past few years will still come out and play next season. I would hate to see many of them quit. I know its all going to come down to who they hire but i would hate to see the kids not play bc of a coach, bc it will all turn out like the basketball program and go down hill in a hurry if the kids do no play
bulldog4life Wrote:salmons did what he had to do to win. you play to win the game period. would you rather go 1-9 vs a tough schedule or 12-1 vs a lighter schedule and still beat tough teams in the playoffs? i think i'll go with option 2. i believe anyone would have
I would have rather been 5-5 play some games that you can win to help get on the right track but play some that will get you ready for the playoffs as well. 0-10 or 10-0 the result was the same an exit by Bell County.