Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston-102 Sixers-101
Wow, what a game.

Jodie Meeks And rondo made this game so enjoyable.

Meeks was on fire from the 3 point line. Sixers really need a point guard that will ACTUALLY pass the ball to open players.

Game winning pass from rondo to KG to end the game!
I hate you KG!!! Just jokin! I'm proud of my Sixers!! They're getting better! Thank you Doug Collins for starting Meeks!:rockon:
17-4 Green is looking good.
RadioVeteran Wrote:I hate you KG!!! Just jokin! I'm proud of my Sixers!! They're getting better! Thank you Doug Collins for starting Meeks!:rockon:

Any UK fan would have enjoyed this game. The only way i wanted the Sixers to win was if Jodie meeks hit the game winning 3. This team has a bright future ahead of them if they can start passing the ball!
Great game to watch!
The pieces are there..I like Jrue and Jodie. Jrue will be fine. He's came a million miles since last year. I think Jodie is gonna have a great year. I believe Collins will leave him in the starting lineup. I just wish we had a dominant C or PF..somebody like Amare (wishful thinking)...but I like this team. I hate this loss though. A win over Boston would have been huge for this teams confidence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was an epic battle, close game all the way thru. KG at the end with a lead off on his defender.

Jodie Meeks was very impressive, he could not miss.
Andre Igudola had an ugly put back dunk.
Thaddeus Young had the nastiest of all the dunks
zaga_fan Wrote:Thaddeus Young had the nastiest of all the dunks

When?
Ballers Wrote:When?

I'll see if I can find it.
He pretty much went from 10 ft out to the rim in a nanosecond lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll see if I can find it.
He pretty much went from 10 ft out to the rim in a nanosecond lol

The Tomahawk? If so i thought it was nice but Igudola's drunk was more impressive.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The Tomahawk? If so i thought it was nice but Igudola's drunk was more impressive.

If you guys can find it...
it was #1 on SCs top plays last night.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you guys can find it...
it was #1 on SCs top plays last night.

I like Igudola's better because he just came out of nowhere and noone was expecting it off the miss.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/spor...09319.html

Coach Doug Collins has seemingly aged with every quarter of every game as the young 76ers struggled to a rough 3-13 start.
The mostly young Sixers just didn't seem to be growing up quick enough.
But then something happened. The Sixers started to win games and compete with good teams like Boston while losing.
Through the early struggles, Collins may have found a fountain of youth -- but unfortunately it was on his bench instead of on the hardwood -- until now.
Enter 23-year-old Jodie Meeks. The second-year player out of Kentucky has played like a seasoned pro the last three games averaging a shade over 20 points a game while getting plenty of playing time.
The Sixers have won two of their last three games. (Although, that may be an understatement.) They weren't just wins -- they were dominations over Charlotte and Cleveland. Meeks was the focal point of the Sixers attack in both games -- scoring 26 and 16 in each game respectively.
Meeks was then pivotal in the near upset of the Celtics. He dropped 19 points, which included a huge 4th quarter.
When Meeks remains firmly planted on the bench, the Sixers are 1-7. But when Meeks gets on the court, the Sixers improve to 6-14 -- not great, but more respectable.
The 23-year-old guard gives the Sixers something they have sorely missed for years -- a pure shooter at the two-guard position. In fact, Meeks is the first pure shooter since Kyle Korver left for Utah in 2007.
But, Meeks gives the Sixers so much more than Korver ever did. While Korver often a defensive liability, Meeks has provided a defensive boost for a team desperately needing it.
Good read. Nice to see Meeks having a success career at the next level.