Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Card/Debit Card Fraud
I found out on Monday that someone used my debit card to charge $289.00 at Wizzard E Shop and someone in Korea tried to use it for over $1,800.00 but that one was declined. I actually found out that a lot of people get hit with the Wizzard E Shop charges.

Have any of you all been victimized by card fraud?
That sucks man. I too have a debit card and rarely use it online but use it for all of my money needs and carry very little cash on me.
Do you know how they got your info yet?
I got hit a few years back after my son's PS3 got hacked..... Total over $700.00 and come to find out, I wasn't the only one this "YOUNG MAN" had hacked into.... He had taken over $2800.00 from a total of 7 people!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Bolt Wrote:That sucks man. I too have a debit card and rarely use it online but use it for all of my money needs and carry very little cash on me.
Do you know how they got your info yet?

Most likely online. I hardly ever use cash for anything.

A few years ago employees at a couple eating est. in and around Pikeville were scanning customers cards as they paid for their food. Many people got hit on that one, my brother included.
I don't think you can use the "dispute charges" thing on a debit card, but you can with an actual credit card.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't think you can use the "dispute charges" thing on a debit card, but you can with an actual credit card.

I did.... I had to "hot card" my card... go to the bank and fill out 2 pages of stuff for each transaction I disputed.... I got reimbursed and the bank went after the young man who was caught doing it. (Where he used it online, his ISP addy was on the info)...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]