Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
magoffin 06'
coach gibson has been working these guys butts off this offseason theyve been lifting weights and conditioning hard.
i think they will do great things this year any one elses thougths
I think they'll be about the same as always....They'll win some games especially if their schedule is as easy as it was last year...
"alfus21" Wrote:I think they'll be about the same as always....They'll win some games especially if their schedule is as easy as it was last year...
Agreed!
how many games did they win last year
"sf_football" Wrote:how many games did they win last year

I think they won 11 or 12...
Last year the Mc Hornets finished with a record of 10-8, sure their schedule wasn't exactly tough but, it was their first winning season in serveral years.
Actually their record was 12-9 last season..Not too shabby..but..
One win over a team with a winning record which was Prestonsburg(1st game of the season)

4 wins on the season came against Elliot County who finished 1-22
2 more wins came agasint Riverside Christian who finished 0-4
4 more wins came agasinst South Floyd who went 3-22
the other huge win was against Wolfe who went 6-11

12 wins against 5 different teams...10 wins came against three teams who combined for a 4-48 record....Take away the Prestonsburg win and the record of opponents they beat was 10-59...Even with the Prestonsburg win it's 27-70....
"alfus21" Wrote:Actually their record was 12-9 last season..Not too shabby..but..
One win over a team with a winning record which was Prestonsburg(1st game of the season)

4 wins on the season came against Elliot County who finished 1-22
2 more wins came agasint Riverside Christian who finished 0-4
4 more wins came agasinst South Floyd who went 3-22
the other huge win was against Wolfe who went 6-11

12 wins against 5 different teams...10 wins came against three teams who combined for a 4-48 record....Take away the Prestonsburg win and the record of opponents they beat was 10-59...Even with the Prestonsburg win it's 27-70....
nerd
lol...
"The Fan" Wrote:nerd

Smile It actually only took about 5 minutes to show how bad Magoffin was last season...
"alfus21" Wrote:Smile It actually only took about 5 minutes to show how bad Magoffin was last season...

honestly as young as we are it was more or less a jv team playin all varsity teams...we only had 2 seniors, same as this year... we have a freshman starting varsity catcher who has started since 7th grade..plus the countless freshman that will possibly be starting this year. unlike JC that 8/9 starters were senior and the 9th was a junior! plus we didnt play a single team 4 times come on.
"wamiller25" Wrote:honestly as young as we are it was more or less a jv team playin all varsity teams...we only had 2 seniors, same as this year... we have a freshman starting varsity catcher who has started since 7th grade..plus the countless freshman that will possibly be starting this year. unlike JC that 8/9 starters were senior and the 9th was a junior! plus we didnt play a single team 4 times come on.

That is a young team, but with the competition they played most jv teams could have won that many games last year...Sorry to say this though..Magoffin DID play Elliot County 4 times last season AND South Floyd..That's sad...Proof follows...
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
Sorry I had to show you that...
"alfus21" Wrote:That is a young team, but with the competition they played most jv teams could have won that many games last year...Sorry to say this though..Magoffin DID play Elliot County 4 times last season AND South Floyd..That's sad...Proof follows...
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
Sorry I had to show you that...

dude look at the dates on the elliot county games come on
and by the way that was our jv
watch out we gettin good
we actually have a right feilder ans 2nd baseman
"wamiller25" Wrote:dude look at the dates on the elliot county games come on
and by the way that was our jv

I know what dates they were on..In baseball that's what we like to call a double-header....If it was your jv then why would your coach call it in then? Pretty lame if that's the case....
what does ne1 think about Magoffin County this year?? after loosing Courtney Conely, Richard Cole and Robert Bailey they may hav some time struggling in the opening season. But u have to look at Larry Perkins Pitching, he has some of the best control i hav seen in a while and Mike Montgomery at short stop and a rlly good lead off man. they should be the heart of the team not to mention anthony gibson and kaleb nickell in the outfield. these four players should be the backbone of the team and take control early into the season.
Theres already a thread on this so I merged yours with it...
Man, come on the only differance between our varsity and jv was two players , one was no count and the other would've been good but he was too busy trin to look good......if you want an argument come back in the 06-07 season then we wll see after we get some age bout us
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:what does ne1 think about Magoffin County this year?? after loosing Courtney Conely, Richard Cole and Robert Bailey they may hav some time struggling in the opening season. But u have to look at Larry Perkins Pitching, he has some of the best control i hav seen in a while and Mike Montgomery at short stop and a rlly good lead off man. they should be the heart of the team not to mention anthony gibson and kaleb nickell in the outfield. these four players should be the backbone of the team and take control early into the season.

yup i know this team well, the loss of court and Richard wasnt much of a loss. Richard was a good relief but he wasn't that good at bat or on the field, court could have been great but he was to worried about lookin good and not playin well. what you said bout larry and mike couldnt have been more true. last year we lackd an out fielder but this year ryan hall has filled the spot and brandon marshall has stepped up to replace court..
How far do you think they will go this year?
they might be alright
Neve underestemate them or youll get your butt handed to you on a silver pladder.
I think they will improve a lot from last year.
amen
The confindence in your school is great, but I and many other people on BGR find it hard to swallow that Magoffin is going to be someone to fear...their women do well but as for their men they have a long way to go to contend in any sport imaginable lol
i think that if jc is so sure that they can blow magoffin out of the water they should get a game set up...Another thing jc didn't play there jv team against us last year....they played all of there starters for except 1 or 2...
alfus21 ur always talkin about how magoffin is so bad...seems like central got put out of districts lastyear first game... Also we only played elliot county twice...Another thing you said central played there middle schooler's lastyear against us shane sturgole,fyfe,and the pitcher wasn't middle schooler's there was more just cant think of there names!!!
This statement is ludacris! Magoffin can not and will not beat jchs this season. The rest of the district would drill them too. Each team is capable of applying the mercy rule everytime they play without pitching there best pitcher.Confusedhithappe

"mchs baseball" Wrote:i think that if jc is so sure that they can blow magoffin out of the water they should get a game set up...Another thing jc didn't play there jv team against us last year....they played all of there starters for except 1 or 2...
"TennisCAT23" Wrote:The confindence in your school is great, but I and many other people on BGR find it hard to swallow that Magoffin is going to be someone to fear...their women do well but as for their men they have a long way to go to contend in any sport imaginable lol
they beat your boys basketball team other day or am i imagining that lol lol
"The Fan" Wrote:they beat your boys basketball team other day or am i imagining that lol lol
Wow what a come back! I bet it took you a while to come up with that one.