•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
Mills would be a great choice, and so would Derosett
Mills seems to be the obvious choice. Of course I don't know his roots to Knox. He is close and would be moving to a job where he could conceivable compete for state titles every year.

I can't imagine Bell Co. fans would want anyone else.
I know some KC fans will disagree but if Mills is offered the job he will take it. I don't see any way he couldn't accept the Bell County position with the talent in the area.
WhyLie Wrote:Lets here it. Every name from Western Ky to Florida. Here is what has been thrown around in a day and a half.

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roark
Hensley
Matney
Holcomb
Greer
Crawford

Care to add another.

To steal a line from John McEnroe...You cannot be serious...lol
WildDawg Wrote:I know some KC fans will disagree but if Mills is offered the job he will take it. I don't see any way he couldn't accept the Bell County position with the talent in the area.

There is a lot more young talent in Knox than the Bell area. They have beat Bell at every level except the High School. Facilities are better...talent is better.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I don't know how much it pays but this job should attract some top notch candidates. You talk about pressure. If they struggle any bit having success, they could lose kids back to Middlesboro, Pineville and especially Harlan County. Coach Larkey could have something special in the making in BlackBear country.

What does the bolded part mean? Are you saying Bell Co. is made up of kids that should be going elsewhere?
I Rule The World Wrote:Wonder what he could do with some talent..??

Probably poop his pants:flush:
Mills - No for sure
Hoskins --Possible
Woolum - no
Rains -- no
Cobb --possible
Frazier -- possible
Larkey Sr. --absolutely not
Roark -- that's funny
Hensley --no
Matney -no
Holcomb --no
Greer --no
Crawford -- could but no
Elam --uh no

Losing kids to the other schools is somewhat a possibility. But won't happen soon due to the the traditions still being strong, but let them falter and kids will leave.

Frazier will bring Middlesboro back into the hunt in a few years, but don't count him out as a shoe in at Bell. Mills, well, we know what he's done and we're not about to let him go. He is not interested in the Bell job. That's first hand. He has very good talent coming up, not saying it's any better than Bell's. Every school has talent, it takes a good coach to expose it. That's where Knox may excel now with Mill's experience. No one mentioned in the coach list has the mentoring and experience like Mill's so that's why he'll go ahead of Bell.

Bell will stay close in their pick. Someone who has been coached by The Coach. Don't look for an outsider that has not tasted the tradition and work ethic at Bell.
If Hoskins wants it, he should get it. No kids will leave Bell if he takes it. He is the pied piper of the football players. They will work as hard for him as they did for Dudley and possibly have more numbers out than Dudley did. Trust me on this he is just as good with X's and O's and Jimmy and Joes as Dudley, he just has not had the opportunity.
TopCat Wrote:If Hoskins wants it, he should get it. No kids will leave Bell if he takes it. He is the pied piper of the football players. They will work as hard for him as they did for Dudley and possibly have more numbers out than Dudley did. Trust me on this he is just as good with X's and O's and Jimmy and Joes as Dudley, he just has not had the opportunity.

I agree with you topcat, if he were willing to leave Bell Co. he could have been a Head Coach several years ago, very well respected in the Coaching Community!
king360 Wrote:Should go get Larkey.

WHOA, HO, HO big guy...I'd not be holding my breath on that one!
Bear_Paw Wrote:To steal a line from John McEnroe...You cannot be serious...lol

Roark
No chance at this job. Would not play Bell and they resent that. Sorry!!!
He would be hard to get now. Especially since they have a cake walk in 5A. It is the overall worst class.
I said it on another thread. If Tom Larkey takes the Bell county job, Rockcastle County will probably have a major amount of puke, shock and disbelief once they see Big Tom in Bobcat Blue!
Rest easy guys. Mills and Larkey are not even options.
Roark that is funny..............................we all know the history their.
MVP2 Wrote:Wayne Mills would be a good choice to replace DH IMO.

Mills will be meeting with Bell in the days to come.
But I think it would be crazy to leave what you have built up from nothing.
Mama Bear Wrote:I'll help!

Not Coach Larkey.....let's see that leaves 14 prospects! Good luck on your search for a new coach!

I heard this morning Larkey will be interved next week.
meat loaf Wrote:I heard this morning Larkey will be interved next week.

Can't see that.JMO
Cats02 Wrote:Mills will be meeting with Bell in the days to come.
But I think it would be crazy to leave what you have built up from nothing.

Cats02. I think you're right, it'd be crazy to leave what you have built up but you'd have to think about going back to where it all started with alot of your friends and take a couple assistants with you and compete in 3A where you'll have a better chance at a title. Knox won't have much of a chance with the new 4A.
WhyLie Wrote:Lets here it. Every name from Western Ky to Florida. Here is what has been thrown around in a day and a half.

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roark
Hensley
Matney
Holcomb
Greer
Crawford

Care to add another.

Chappel
Russel
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:Cats02. I think you're right, it'd be crazy to leave what you have built up but you'd have to think about going back to where it all started with alot of your friends and take a couple assistants with you and compete in 3A where you'll have a better chance at a title. Knox won't have much of a chance with the new 4A.

Your right. He would be a good fit. Just hope he brings a couple of coaches with him, IF it was to happen ?????????????????????????????
meat loaf Wrote:I heard this morning Larkey will be interved next week.

That's almost as funny as the rumor that Dudley was coming to Harlan County instead of Pikeville. I have not talked to him personally...but I SERIOUSLY doubt he is leaving.
Amped 88 Wrote:Won't happen runs the wrong type of offense.

New Coach means New offense If its a outside coach
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:Cats02. I think you're right, it'd be crazy to leave what you have built up but you'd have to think about going back to where it all started with alot of your friends and take a couple assistants with you and compete in 3A where you'll have a better chance at a title. Knox won't have much of a chance with the new 4A.

Here is the crazy thing. Mills takes it and Knox beats them on a regular basis. Knox will have more talent coming than Bell. Facilities much better at Knox. I may be wrong but I don't see any assistants being hired at Bell.
Larkey is at the end of his career, that would be a bad hire.
Facilities don't have anything to do with it. Granted knox has a good 8th grade team, but that don't mean anything. Harlan has a good freshman team I watched play this year, but they are not on the same level as Bell or Knox when it comes to varsity. All this talk will only serve to possibly up some salaries. No coach will bring in any assistants. Don't worry about Knox, we'll be fine in 4A.
Not worried about Knox. I actually am saying Mills has a better job than Bell job at this point. If you don't think facilities and upcoming athletes mean anything your wrong. As for Harlan with that freshmen class they will make a run in 5A.
toussaints Wrote:albert haynesworth said if gruden coached at bell county, he'd come back and play at bell. gruden then withdrew his name from the list

what about derossett from P-burg

Dont think Derossett is going anywhere. He has a great staff in place & basically anything he wants at P'Burg, which he deserves.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Facilities don't have anything to do with it. Granted knox has a good 8th grade team, but that don't mean anything. Harlan has a good freshman team I watched play this year, but they are not on the same level as Bell or Knox when it comes to varsity. All this talk will only serve to possibly up some salaries. No coach will bring in any assistants. Don't worry about Knox, we'll be fine in 4A.

What are you smoking I may need some of that!!!:dontthink
Harlan district champs region champs and state simi finals!!!!!!!
Knox none of those!!!!!!!!

What does ESPN say about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Com' on Man!!!!!!!!!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next