•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
PBR Wrote:Couple of new names:

Shadon Brown - Did a great job at Rowan and they ran the ball and threw the ball
Johnny Poynter - His teams at Trimble were awful but his teams at Bourbon are getting better and he was on Dudley's staff
Aaron Stepp - was head coach at Clay County. Stepp and Dudley never got along but Stepp ran the ball and threw the ball at Clay. Stepp Is good friends with Tommy Greer.
Scott Russell - why does he not step out there and become a head coach ??? He can do it !

If Wayne doesn't take it then look for Russel to put in but if Wayne does become head man at Bell look for Scottie at Knox next yr as the head man

Shadon Brown - Did a great job at Rowan and they ran the ball and threw the ball
Johnny Poynter - His teams at Trimble were awful but his teams at Bourbon are getting better and he was on Dudley's staff
Aaron Stepp - was head coach at Clay County. Stepp and Dudley never got along but Stepp ran the ball and threw the ball at Clay. Stepp Is good friends with Tommy Greer.
Scott Russell - why does he not step out there and become a head coach ??? He can do it !

I can assure you NO to all of the above. Were did you get your info about Stepp and Greer being friends? That is FALSE.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I can assure you NO to all of the above. Were did you get your info about Stepp and Greer being friends? That is FALSE.
Why would Scotty Russell not be a good candidate? Don't get me wrong - I don't want to see him leave. Just curious. No head coaching experience?
I sat close to Dudley at the basketball game last night. He told me the decision was made about who is going to replace him. All that remains now is the announcement. But since the news is controversial, they are going to have to lay some ground work and do some PR.
You guys are gonna be surprised.
Ive herd rumors that scott russel is a possible canidate for the bell county coaching job...possible?
I dont see them jus throwin anyone in there to coach bell whoever it will be will have some experience under there belt
Stepp and Dudley get along just fine when they are not on he field, both are competitors and some times that can be mistaken as not liking each other. Tom Greer and Stepp are friends. I think Stepp would be a great replacment and could add to the offense the ability to pass at anytime or power it whatever it took. If Bell already has their man I am sure it will suprise us all when it is announced

Sorry ...I must agree with Bobcat Dad. No way any of those names get this job. This job has not been filled. They may know who they want....but that person has not accepted. I don't think anyone will be surprised.
:biggrin:KNOX:biggrin:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Confusedhh: :biggrin:

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just remember when a coach says he wouldn't leave sometimes is a lie. Petrino at Louisville and Pitino at Kentucky. Both said that as well.

:popcorn:
WhyLie Wrote:Sorry ...I must agree with Bobcat Dad. No way any of those names get this job. This job has not been filled. They may know who they want....but that person has not accepted. I don't think anyone will be surprised.

:Thumbs:
I will be interesting to see who takes on this role.
Football1 Wrote:I will be interesting to see who takes on this role.

Yes it will.
It still surprises me that Bell does not have internal candidates for this job. And it is flattering that the Knox coach is on top of the list. But unless after he is done at Bell he plans to win a Oscar for acting - he will not coach at Bell.

I'd suggest you go get a coach from one of the private schools. They tend to dominate that public schools and often have coaches with deep experience who may want to trade the tuition for mountain pride...
Football1 Wrote:It still surprises me that Bell does not have internal candidates for this job. And it is flattering that the Knox coach is on top of the list. But unless after he is done at Bell he plans to win a Oscar for acting - he will not coach at Bell.

I'd suggest you go get a coach from one of the private schools. They tend to dominate that public schools and often have coaches with deep experience who may want to trade the tuition for mountain pride...

They do have an internal candidate in Coach Hoskins. It should be his job if he wants it. Sounds as if he has the support of most of the players and parents I have talked too...............just not sure if he wants the job or not? Seems very happy being an asst. and being with his boys.

Not any of these. I don't want any of them either.
I know for a fact that Woolum has a meeting with the principal. The job is not a lock. I believe they have a very short list of people they want and I am sure Wooum is on the list. I am also pretty sure that they don't have a clear #1 choice which is why they are meeting with a few coaches. I also know that Woolum did not contact Bell. He was contacted by someone from Bell shortly after the announcement that Dudley was retiring. I am guessing that Bell pursued the short list of coaches they are considering.
I wouldn't want any of them neither along with woolum. Nothing against them, but Bell needs someone with better credentials or closer ties. As for the decision already being made, I hope not. That behind the scenes, under the table crap never goes over good. They better get some of the Bell faithfull envolved.

I know one on this list you can mark off for sure. Who would want to go to Bell and walk in Dudley's foot steps? Also, I know one coach on this board that will not take a job unless he can bring 3 or 4 coaches with him. The pay for assistants at Bell is awful so good luck getting any coaches. You ppl talk on here like Bell is the mecca..didnt the board cut some coaching positions and only pays assistants $1500..WOW, sounds like middle school suppliments. Dudley, did a great job with nothing for support other than fans on the internet and in the stands. Good luck Bobcats!
Woolum has no chance at the job, write it down. Seems someone is trying to get some political favors with this interview. None of the Bell people I have talked too supports Woolum.
From everything I have heard Woolum is an exceptional candidate in terms of experience and football knowledge. Not sure how he would fit into the political landscape on mountain.
Football1 Wrote:From everything I have heard Woolum is an exceptional candidate in terms of experience and football knowledge. Not sure how he would fit into the political landscape on mountain.
LOL. Muney - I posted this without seeing your post. You are far more in the know than I am - just from what I have heard he is a good coach. (Woolum)
I know there are a couple of teachers and assistants coaches present on this topic. And my question is this. Isnt there a law that require a job opening at a respective school be posted for 30 days before filling the vacant job
He is Tuck's little brother and runs the same stuff Tuck did which failed at Union and Pineville. Maybe able to talk it but implementing it is a different thing. The Bell fans and players will not be impressed with his pass happy resume.

As a KC person I hope they hire him and we get some of the Bell Coaches and players but I don't see it happening.
CoachA Wrote:I know for a fact that Woolum has a meeting with the principal. The job is not a lock. I believe they have a very short list of people they want and I am sure Wooum is on the list. I am also pretty sure that they don't have a clear #1 choice which is why they are meeting with a few coaches. I also know that Woolum did not contact Bell. He was contacted by someone from Bell shortly after the announcement that Dudley was retiring. I am guessing that Bell pursued the short list of coaches they are considering.

If MIlls accepts, it is his. Already been offered. He is the #1 choice. Now, Woolum is meeting with them and others have talked with them. I don't see him getting it.....but may be in the top 5.
WhyLie Wrote:If MIlls accepts, it is his. Already been offered. He is the #1 choice. Now, Woolum is meeting with them and others have talked with them. I don't see him getting it.....but may be in the top 5.

According to my people he is not in the top 5. Woolum that is. Just a political move.
As I have stated...two assistants and only two will get consideration for the job. Hoskins and Woolum. Woolum not as much as Hoskins. Way to much, for die hard Bell people, having the Pineville 3 connections on their sideline.
WhyLie Wrote:As I have stated...two assistants and only two will get consideration for the job. Hoskins and Woolum. Woolum not as much as Hoskins. Way to much, for die hard Bell people, having the Pineville 3 connections on their sideline.

I agree 100 percent!!!!!!
Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout

One more Gone. Holcomb has way to much coming back next year....Bell and Breathitt has never really been on the best of terms. Don't think Holcomb wants to follow Dudley and he don't have to. Breathitt also has that type of program.
Following Dudley has to be a big concern for any man considering this position. 2011 will be fine no matter who gets the nod unless Davenport gets a girlfriend and decides to start a family early. Barring that, Bell could put one of the cheerleaders in charge next year and win the 2011 3A banner as long as Madon's replacement can pitch right...

But 2012, 2013 and on starts to be years where the replacement will really be evaluated. Reminds me of Tubby winning with Petino's players. As I recall, that did not turn out too well for Tubby shortly thereafter. Then again, Tubby had to play at Rupp - not Log Mountain.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next