•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
Football1 Wrote:Mercer announced Rains. When will Bell announce?

The Due Date is Jan. 15. assuming that's when all the applications must be in
Strikeout King Wrote:The Due Date is Jan. 15. assuming that's when all the applications must be in
Thanks. If all aps are in by then I expect Bell will make a decision and announcement a by Feb or 1st part of.
Stiff-Arm Wrote:Bell should run more of a spread O with the Qb and Davenport...the zone would be dangerous with these two. This is just my op:rockon:

I don't agree with that at all.

Football1 Wrote:Russell is well qualified to go win a heach coaching job. Bell would have come out better recruiting him as it would have been a step up for Coach Russell.

Him looking at head coaching jobs Means nothing in this situation with Coach Mills being asked to Coach at Bell. Great assistants should be looking at and getting looked at for these types of jobs.

Scotty will not come back to Bell.
If Coach Mills leaves I see just one choice for the job. Scotty Russell. He has been there since the start. He has been a big part of the building of our program. Scott is a great coach and so are the rest of the staff at Knox Central.
To be honest i think if Mills was going to take the job, Bell would have already announced that and got him going and he would have done left Knox.
That might not be the case, but i believe its common sense that Bell probably called Mills up the minute dudley quit and asked him if he wanted it. They might have also gave him time to think about it thus taking all of the applications theyve got.
WhyLie Wrote:Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rainsxxxxxxxxxout
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggers

Rains is out. Has taken the Mercer job. Things are quiet.
Word is Coach Frazier did not apply for the Bell County job and is very happy here at Middlesboro.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest i think if Mills was going to take the job, Bell would have already announced that and got him going and he would have done left Knox.
That might not be the case, but i believe its common sense that Bell probably called Mills up the minute dudley quit and asked him if he wanted it. They might have also gave him time to think about it thus taking all of the applications theyve got.

Dudley knew at the start of the season that he wouldn't be back....for more reasons than one. Mills was contacted in late August, I believe.
BigBlueBell Wrote:Dudley knew at the start of the season that he wouldn't be back....for more reasons than one. Mills was contacted in late August, I believe.

If thats the case then i dont think Mills is taking the job.
If so i would think that Mills would have already have headed off to Bell when the season was over. It wouldnt make since for him to wait and lose valuable weight room time with the players. I'm sure Mills knew as soon as they asked him and to me i think its obvious that hes staying put.

I'm beginning to believe Bell is going to hire someone from the outside that hasnt been mentioned on here yet.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If thats the case then i dont think Mills is taking the job.
If so i would think that Mills would have already have headed off to Bell when the season was over. It wouldnt make since for him to wait and lose valuable weight room time with the players. I'm sure Mills knew as soon as they asked him and to me i think its obvious that hes staying put.

I'm beginning to believe Bell is going to hire someone from the outside that hasnt been mentioned on here yet.
I don't know if you are right or not but I like the way you think... LOL.

As for our players, they are lifting hard and seeing kids who have already made gains since our last game. I peaked in there today and could not help but notice Shepard had already put on muscle big time in his arms. Diamond, Canady, and the rest were in there working hard too. Canady looks like kids you would see playing on TV at Alabama.

I can't see Coach leaving this but as I have said, I will support him as friend no matter what he does. He and his assistants have brought this program from death to life and now we are poised to win a District title next year and make a strong Region work hard to prevent us from winning that too. If Bell is the better fit for him and his family we will accept it. The success he has created here along with the facilities we have, the returning squad, an exceptional feeder program, and a community that has finally found a love for Football will make this a very attractive job for any coach looking for a place to hang their whistle. I pray he stays; but if he don't we will work hard to continue the amazing job he has done.

I will be glad when Bell announces the next HC and this thread and this chapter in Mountain football can finally be closed.
Football1 Wrote:I don't know if you are right or not but I like the way you think... LOL.

As for our players, they are lifting hard and seeing kids who have already made gains since our last game. I peaked in there today and could not help but notice Shepard had already put on muscle big time in his arms. Diamond, Canady, and the rest were in there working hard too. Canady looks like kids you would see playing on TV at Alabama.

I can't see Coach leaving this but as I have said, I will support him as friend no matter what he does. He and his assistants have brought this program from death to life and now we are poised to win a District title next year and make a strong Region work hard to prevent us from winning that too. If Bell is the better fit for him and his family we will accept it. The success he has created here along with the facilities we have, the returning squad, an exceptional feeder program, and a community that has finally found a love for Football will make this a very attractive job for any coach looking for a place to hang their whistle. I pray he stays; but if he don't we will work hard to continue the amazing job he has done.

I will be glad when Bell announces the next HC and this thread and this chapter in Mountain football can finally be closed.
Amen
Mills or Woolum, would both be good picks if it comes down to one of them. Mills, has already proven that he can do it on the head coaching level. Woolum, has only done the assistant role in the Florida system. Whoever it may be that they do select, I just hope they can continue to run the table in mountain football.:1:
Intimidator Wrote:Word is Coach Frazier did not apply for the Bell County job and is very happy here at Middlesboro.

Word is Frazier has more opportunities than just Bell...I do believe he likes living in Bell County. Just a tug and a chunk away from a 5 pounder on any given day...:biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If thats the case then i dont think Mills is taking the job.

Like posted before. The job has to be posted for 30 days. Its not been 30 days yet. :Thumbs:
We know we are bell co..................but the same rules apply............speaking of the 30 day job posting rule set forth by the kentucky board of education
Some one may be able to clear this up but I think the 30 day rule only applies to certified positions rather than coaching jobs again though I'm not totally sure.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Like posted before. The job has to be posted for 30 days. Its not been 30 days yet. :Thumbs:

Im with SLHS on this one. I thought coaching positions didnt have to wait 30 days. Whitley hired Black about a week after Gentry left for Georgia.
I thought the rule was only for certified positions, like teaching, not classified positions. Although, he would want to be hired in a teaching job of some sort im sure so maybe thats why they would have to wait.
You may be right though, im not sure of the exact rules.

However, if Mills would have been offered the job under the 30 day conditions than im sure Bell already knows whether or not he accepted, just cant come out publicly with it yet.
The 30 days depends on the local SBDM and BOE policies. Most SBDM council policies let the principal consult with the council and then make a recommendation to the Superintendent. If this is so,then the recommendation is binding on the Superintendent. This means the Principal will make the hire. This is KRS 160.345.
Mills will be more here than a HC.

Also someone mentioned something about Russell and Grant Co? His wife Michelle Hicks Russell has family in Grant Co and her uncle Jim Hicks who coaches the boys basketball team there.
Lets get to the point. If its going to happen , when? Why such a delay? That is what I dont understand it.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Mills will be more here than a HC.

Also someone mentioned something about Russell and Grant Co? His wife Michelle Hicks Russell has family in Grant Co and her uncle Jim Hicks who coaches the boys basketball team there.
I will say this. You have steadfastly implied and flat out said Wayne is coming to Bell from the word go of this discussion. If you are right, I will tip my hat to you at THE true insider on the biggest issue in Mountain Football. But if you are wrong, you really will need to issue the biggest apology in the history of BGR to the folks of Bell and Knox.

I know for a fact he has not accepted the position. He may; but he has not.
Monday, I guess we will see who is running the weight room. If Mills is coming to Bell surely he will tell his players on Monday.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Like posted before. The job has to be posted for 30 days. Its not been 30 days yet. :Thumbs:

The football job doesn't have to be posted for 30 days. Teaching jobs do.
Something to consider........Hilton wanted his wife out of the classroom, that was ONE of the reasons he had problems with the admin. I am hearing that the principal and assistant principal is trying making sure Mills wife is out of the classroom. You have the winningest coach in the state..the guy that put you on the football map....and you wouldn't do it for him ...but you do for the guy you want to replace him. No disrespect towards Mills, but sounds like this super and principal wanted Hilton gone or at least didn't care if he left.

Someone else posted Hilton was happy. Not entirely true.

Thompson (super) doesn't care for sports when it comes down to spending and hiring, so don't look for special favors for the new coach. Mills or anyone else.
WhyLie Wrote:Something to consider........Hilton wanted his wife out of the classroom, that was ONE of the reasons he had problems with the admin. I am hearing that the principal and assistant principal is trying making sure Mills wife is out of the classroom. You have the winningest coach in the state..the guy that put you on the football map....and you wouldn't do it for him ...but you do for the guy you want to replace him. No disrespect towards Mills, but sounds like this super and principal wanted Hilton gone or at least didn't care if he left.

Thompson (super) doesn't care for sports when it comes down to spending and hiring, so don't look for special favors for the new coach. Mills or anyone else.

Agreed to a point.....
Thompson and Hilton had a personal thing going, and it had been brewing for the past couple of years. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that Thompson would do more for almost any other coach than he would for Hilton. Just my opinion.
WhyLie Wrote:Something to consider........Hilton wanted his wife out of the classroom, that was ONE of the reasons he had problems with the admin. I am hearing that the principal and assistant principal is trying making sure Mills wife is out of the classroom. You have the winningest coach in the state..the guy that put you on the football map....and you wouldn't do it for him ...but you do for the guy you want to replace him. No disrespect towards Mills, but sounds like this super and principal wanted Hilton gone or at least didn't care if he left.

:Thumbs: I'm glad a few people know what's going on. No special effort was ever made for the cash cow. No effort is made for the assistants either. I wouldn't be suprised if the whole crew was gone within the next few years.
I would love to know what Dudley's really got paid at BC and what the pay of his replacement will be?:popcorn:
Im hearing Knox Co is trying to do a LARGE under the table deal to keep Mills at Knox Co. Lets see if MONEY talks.
Football1 Wrote:I will say this. You have steadfastly implied and flat out said Wayne is coming to Bell from the word go of this discussion. If you are right, I will tip my hat to you at THE true insider on the biggest issue in Mountain Football. But if you are wrong, you really will need to issue the biggest apology in the history of BGR to the folks of Bell and Knox.

I know for a fact he has not accepted the position. He may; but he has not.

I could care less what happens. I will say sorry now for both. Nothing is definate to the papers are signed. Got home this evening and had a message from someone very very close to the football program about the latest which is posted above. Its high school football, things come and go. I will promise I will not lose sleep to whatever happens with this.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im hearing Knox Co is trying to do a LARGE under the table deal to keep Mills at Knox Co. Lets see if MONEY talks.

just heard the exact same thing....
Bell Bobcat I find it very funny that when this thread started. You stated that Mills to Bell was a done deal, and the decision was made. Now it seems you have changed your tune somewhat making statments that your not going to loose much sleep over the decision. Sounds like your leaving your self a way out. Nice show of class to say that KNOX was doing stuff under the table. I think counter offer would have been much better suited. I do know this the offer made by bell to Mills was not as great as some have stated. If Mills wife gets an out of classroom job soon as she comes into the county that would be under the table in my book. I hope KNOX does everything legal to keep their coach he and his family deserve it. Looks like Bell is taking care of all the illegal ways to do it.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next