•  Previous
  • 20(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
footballfever Wrote:Agree. Did it myself for 22 years. I have heard of some school, very few, pay 4-5000 but most are 1500-3000.

I don't know about now but I think it was the Laurel Co. schools that paid higher than most around here. Not sure about that.....
I guess we don't know what we are talking about.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...eft_column
WhyLie Wrote:I guess we don't know what we are talking about.

All the right words that anyone has to say during this time. I do believe that no "formal" interviews have taken place yet.
I want mention a name but I will throw this out there. If I had to bet today it's another name on your list besides Mills that will be the next coach at Bell. I'm just going on personal info that was told to me. I know that anyone can get on here and make this statement but I think this info is legit. I guess we'll see. But, from what I'm hearing KC can breathe a little easier knowing Mills isn't the coach Bell will sign.....Take it for what it's worth....
I just wished Feb. 1 would hurry and get here, tired of this job being talked about! :yawn:
Trenches07 Wrote:I just wished Feb. 1 would hurry and get here, tired of this job being talked about! :yawn:

Same here....They'll be a coach whether anyone likes it or not. However you go, not everyone will be pleased.
WhyLie Wrote:I guess we don't know what we are talking about.

This article is a way for Bell Admin to protect themselves legally. This is a state job with tons of regulation on how it should be listed, searched, considered, and filled. Equal Opportunity and a stack of other laws all come into play here.

I honestly don't think this article changes much of what has been said on this thread. Every opinion voiced here from yes to know could still be true in the context of this article. Does it and EasyM's post make me smile a little on the inside, you bet. But what will make that smile jump to top is when I read the article that says Coach X named the new Bell HC and for this algebra X does not equal Mills.

Wonder what message board they are referring to?
double post
easyM Wrote:I don't know about now but I think it was the Laurel Co. schools that paid higher than most around here. Not sure about that.....
Got this from the Grant County thread. I was surprised to see how much more Highlands coaches earn as assistants.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Example Ft. Thomas Highlands (I hear they have a pretty good team)
pays the following

Football 9,021
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football ‐ Equipment Manager 1,435
Football‐ Freshman 6,438
Football‐ Frosh Asst. 4,193

and

Basketball ‐ Boys 7,955
Basketball ‐ Girls 7,955
Basketball‐ Assistant Boys 3,199
Basketball‐ Assistant Girls 3,199[/COLOR]
Football1 Wrote:Got this from the Grant County thread. I was surprised to see how much more Highlands coaches earn as assistants.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Example Ft. Thomas Highlands (I hear they have a pretty good team)
pays the following

Football 9,021
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football‐ Freshman 6,438

and

Basketball ‐ Boys 7,955
Basketball ‐ Girls 7,955

Equipment manager gets paid more than most of our assistants do. And that's not a knock on them.
Surprised the HC in football doesn't get paid more than that though. I like how they pay their assistants though.:Thumbs:
Football1 Wrote:Got this from the Grant County thread. I was surprised to see how much more Highlands coaches earn as assistants.

pays the following

Football 9,021
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football‐ Freshman 6,438

and

Basketball ‐ Boys 7,955
Basketball ‐ Girls 7,955

Maybe someone who knows little more about it than me but I believe it is ILLEGAL to pay higher salary to 1 set of coaches. I believe what you pay 1 head coach you have to pay the the others, fball, bball boys, girls and assistant coaches.:popcorn:
Has anybody heard anything? Seams all is quiet now that school is back in. I thought a decision would have been made.
footballfever Wrote:Maybe someone who knows little more about it than me but I believe it is ILLEGAL to pay higher salary to 1 set of coaches. I believe what you pay 1 head coach you have to pay the the others, fball, bball boys, girls and assistant coaches.:popcorn:

I think that it is up to the schools. I have looked at a lot of different ones and they are all different.
footballfever Wrote:Maybe someone who knows little more about it than me but I believe it is ILLEGAL to pay higher salary to 1 set of coaches. I believe what you pay 1 head coach you have to pay the the others, fball, bball boys, girls and assistant coaches.:popcorn:

The KDE does not regulate coaches stipends. The pay for coaches is a district deal. Most schools pay Fball and basketball coaches the same because basketball people cry all the time about football coaches. I think if your program brings in the dough such as Highlands football the HC should be paid for it. But we do live in a so called "basketball state" because everybody from the moutains likes to go to Lex and watch the state tournament and see the bright lights stay on past 8 o'clock.
“As part of the application process I have talked to several coaches about our football program. These conversations have been in person and by telephone,” Saylor said. “These conversations have consisted of where our football program is at this time, the future of our football program and what my expectations are for our football program in general.

“Also, I have answered questions concerning teacher certification, family concerns, assistant coaches and compensation. These conversations have been informal in nature and should not be considered as an interview.”

Taken from the Middlesboro article......

Nuff said.

Read more: The Middlesboro Daily News - Search for new Bell football coach ongoing
Amped 88 Wrote:I think that it is up to the schools. I have looked at a lot of different ones and they are all different.

Where have you looked at alot of these different salaries? I would like to see ?
The salary conversation got me curious also so I used google to check different districts pay. You will be surprised how much is online.
After really reading the article, I think the article says pretty much everything we have said on here. When someone in the administration contacts you about a job, they pretty much want you.
Was Dudley forced out, or did he want out because his son was graduating?
Gorilla Mask Wrote:Was Dudley forced out, or did he want out because his son was graduating?
I doubt this one is that black and white. More likely, Coach Hilton had a complex situation where his son was graduating, not going to a big school, and had an offer at Pikeville who needed a coach. That was tempting. Add to that, a contentious relationship with administration, no luck getting facility upgrades that were requested (and well deserved), and a very healthy intelligent 60 year old who has plenty of gas left in the tank to go do a bang up job as college coach and you get what we have here.
WhyLie Wrote:After really reading the article, I think the article says pretty much everything we have said on here. When someone in the administration contacts you about a job, they pretty much want you.

who all has the administration contacted
LOG MOUNTAIN — Contrary to rumors floating around message boards and in the community, Bell County has not made a decision on who their new football coach will be.

The main rumor going around has Knox Central coach Wayne Mills, a former assistant for the Bobcats, as the man to replace Dudley Hilton as Bell County’s new head football coach.

The rumors have been so prevalent that BCHS principal Jeff Saylor sent a letter out to Monday to all players, parents and fans to put them to rest and outline the process for the new hire.

“Regardless of what you have heard, there has not been a decision made at this time,” he said in the letter. “This is a high profile job and there has been a lot of interest and we have received applications from several states.

“The superintendent and I are personally leading the search for our next coach and I can tell you that no one has been offered the job and anyone who says that the search is over and a decision has been made is not being truthful.”

Key dates in the process include:

— Jan. 7. By that date a committee of about six people to oversee the search will be formed.

— Jan. 10. The Bell County High School SBDM Council will meet to give Saylor and the committee authority to conduct the screening of applicants and interviews.

— Jan. 15. The deadline for applications for the position.

— Feb. 1. Saylor said he hopes to have a new football coach named by that date.

No formal interviews have take place and none will take place until after Jan. 15, when all applications have been received.

“As part of the application process I have talked to several coaches about our football program. These conversations have been in person and by telephone,” Saylor said. “These conversations have consisted of where our football program is at this time, the future of our football program and what my expectations are for our football program in general.

“Also, I have answered questions concerning teacher certification, family concerns, assistant coaches and compensation. These conversations have been informal in nature and should not be considered as an interview.”

In the meantime assistant coach Brian Crawford will be in charge of the winter weight and conditioning program at Bell County.

“I want to express to everyone concerned that the superintendent and I realize that this is an important task and we assure all of you that we will hire the best coach possible. Once a decision has been made we hope that all of Bell County will get behind our new coach,” Saylor added in the letter.

“Bell County Football is a source of pride for our community and it is our goal to insure that we remain the ‘King of the Mountains.’”

http://middlesborodailynews.com/printer_...y/10860384
Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rainsxxxxxxxxxout
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matneyxxxxxxxxout
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggersxxxxxxxxout
Whitakerxxxxxxxout

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Frazier

Lets just get to the heart of the matter. Unless something strange happens ( and it very well could, new twist brewing in Bobcat land) These are the final four the way I see it.
I hope I don't have to put a disclaimer at the bottom of the page. hahaha
WhyLie Wrote:Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rainsxxxxxxxxxout
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matneyxxxxxxxxout
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggersxxxxxxxxout
Whitakerxxxxxxxout

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Frazier

Lets just get to the heart of the matter. Unless something strange happens ( and it very well could, new twist brewing in Bobcat land) These are the final four the way I see it.

Frazier is not interested. He is happy where he is. Looks like it is down to 3.
I had to get premission to share the PM I got the other day........Mills and Frazier have not even applied for the job........but I will bet my last dollar that both have talked to the administration about the job and shown interest.:devilflam

Disclaimer...IMO hahahaha
I echo the statement on Frazier. He is very happy were he is. He will do a terrific job at the boro and will be around for a while.

pays the following

Football 9,021
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football Asst. 6,438
Football‐ Freshman 6,438

and

Basketball ‐ Boys 7,955
Basketball ‐ Girls 7,955

Easy to pay that with all that coal severance tax money. :Thumbs:
WhyLie Wrote:Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rainsxxxxxxxxxout
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matneyxxxxxxxxout
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggersxxxxxxxxout
Whitakerxxxxxxxout

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Frazier

I heard today that you can take Coach Hoskins name out of the hat, He may be the next head coach at MS. Spoke with coach Hilton at the game tonight and he said MS had called him about Coach Hoskins and they were going to offer him the job.
log mtn mafia Wrote:I heard today that you can take Coach Hoskins name out of the hat, He may be the next head coach at MS. Spoke with coach Hilton at the game tonight and he said MS had called him about Coach Hoskins and they were going to offer him the job.
MS would be in good hands. Tough loss for Bell but truth is any new HC may want to hire their own staff any way. Hard to mix old and new wine in the same bag. Hoskins could go to MS and invent football there. If they gave him time to build a program (not just a season) he could really be successful there.
Football1 Wrote:MS would be in good hands. Tough loss for Bell but truth is any new HC may want to hire their own staff any way. Hard to mix old and new wine in the same bag. Hoskins could go to MS and invent football there. If they gave him time to build a program (not just a season) he could really be successful there.

Most of the time you make pretty good statements and in most situations I would even agree with that statement. But considering the quality of the job that Hoskins does any new head coach that came into Bell would be absolutely foolish to not to ring his phone off the hook as soon as he took the job. Quality assisant coaches are very hard to come by!!!!
log mtn mafia Wrote:I heard today that you can take Coach Hoskins name out of the hat, He may be the next head coach at MS. Spoke with coach Hilton at the game tonight and he said MS had called him about Coach Hoskins and they were going to offer him the job.

If by MS you mean Madison Southern, I would be very surprised if he would move that far away from Bell County. He has too much there i.e. new home, family, in-laws, fishing, etc...
  •  Previous
  • 20(current)
  • Next