•  Previous
  • 27(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
WhyLie Wrote:Another thread suggested Cobb may be in the mix now??????????

Years ago, when I was closer to the Bell program, Cobb was the name we constantly heard as the replacement for Tom Greer . . . that is, until Dudley decided to return to Log Mountain.

So Cobb and Bell have some history, but I dunno. A lot has changed since then.
Hmmm...isn't Cobb a spread offense guy? Just trying to picture the possibility.
I will say this then just wait to hear the announcement as I have likely said too much. If Mills has done what many of you have specifically implied (been selected for and accepted on a good ole boy handshake this job under the table while a paper shuffle process ensues) he is not the man I think he is and I would not want to coach my son another day. Good riddance. He would in that scenario qualify as a manipulative liar with an ethical issue that he has done a great job hiding from everyone on this side.

For the record, I stand by what I have said all along. He is not an unethical liar. He is the best coach in this area and a fine man. He told his players he is not leaving and while he may entertain all the Bell faithful he, in the end, will not trade even (or down in my opinion) to go coach in the shadow of a legend for a program where the trajectory cannot compare to the one he has built.

If he does, I will personally tell him I think he is making a mistake that will cost him a legacy of pride and honor and service here in his home town building something truly great. If he was going to move up to a bigger school, a college, big money, or if this program did not have kids who could win - different story. And if I ever learned he really accepted this job under the table as you have implied; I would lose all respect for him and Bell county. I know that and a quarter still don't buy you a cup of coffee - but I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Mills will be the next HC at Bell High. Im sure everyone will know soon.
KNOX will be in a rush to find a replacement in my opinon with spring ball right around the corner.
Dave Mitchell, Cotten Adams, Mikle Campbell. All these coaches are smash mouth offense and good defense type coaches.
Heard today that the committee was ALMOST split down the middle. A faction for Mills and a faction for Woolum. Who knows?
4ThePlayerz Wrote:I am gonna have to move on from this thread......this thread seems dead......no bell faithful here much any how......maybe a few with multiple accounts to keep it sarcastic........peace out cub scouts

If you are suggesting I have 2 accounts, I don't need 2, I will tell you what I think with one........I may be wrong but I have a feeling you play or just graduated.......But you do have good info sometimes.....be careful about repeating what Greer says...he is very one sided. See ya.
BearClaws Wrote:Heard today that the committee was ALMOST split down the middle. A faction for Mills and a faction for Woolum. Who knows?

If that is true, I would not go if I was either coach
Can anyone tell me if and when it has worked out for a coach that followed a legend?
:relaxing:
Radio Wrote:Can anyone tell me if and when it has worked out for a coach that followed a legend?

just in high school football or are you talking about any sport at any level high school and up?
johnnyt Wrote:just in high school football or are you talking about any sport at any level high school and up?

Any of them. I just cant remember it being a good thing following a legend
Radio Wrote:Any of them. I just cant remember it being a good thing following a legend

:Thumbs:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Football1 Wrote:He is the best coach in this area.

Easy killer...Let's not break the annointing oil out just yet.
[quote=Football1]I will say this then just wait to hear the announcement as I have likely said too much. If Mills has done what many of you have specifically implied (been selected for and accepted on a good ole boy handshake this job under the table while a paper shuffle process ensues) he is not the man I think he is and I would not want to coach my son another day. Good riddance. He would in that scenario qualify as a manipulative liar with an ethical issue that he has done a great job hiding from everyone on this side.

For the record, I stand by what I have said all along. He is not an unethical liar. He is the best coach in this area and a fine man. He told his players he is not leaving and while he may entertain all the Bell faithful he, in the end, will not trade even (or down in my opinion) to go coach in the shadow of a legend for a program where the trajectory cannot compare to the one he has built.

If he does, I will personally tell him I think he is making a mistake that will cost him a legacy of pride and honor and service here in his home town building something truly great. If he was going to move up to a bigger school, a college, big money, or if this program did not have kids who could win - different story. And if I ever learned he really accepted this job under the table as you have implied; I would lose all respect for him and Bell county. I know that and a quarter still don't buy you a cup of coffee - but I'm sure I'm not the only one.[/QUOTE

To football 1 it seems to be your opinion Bell is not an elite move for your coach. You say you will personally tell him this? Harsh words? Personally I think that is no ones business but the man and his family. Who are we to question what a man thinks is right for him? Can a man change his mind and not be called a liar? Not according to you.As for under the table I believe no job has been offered yet or the media would have let you know. That should be this week one way or another. Let reality set in man. Knox is improved but it is no where near the program just up the road. Will he take it? I'd say we will all know in a few days.
i know for a fact mills hasnt been offered the job as of saturday. they of by now i dont know and i dont think no one else does as of now.football 1 seems to think they will beat us next year throwing off on our facilities,our players ,our team.he bases this on what he hopes his team will do in the future.my son loves telling his friends at school this .just keep rembering this no district titles, no regional titles ,no state titles . I bet u are glad u are out of our class and district.u will have fun with boyle and highlands next we have had some really good teams and still lost.so keep on telling yourself how u will beat us next year we love hearing about keeps us interested.:Thumbs:
Football1 Wrote:I will say this then just wait to hear the announcement as I have likely said too much. If Mills has done what many of you have specifically implied (been selected for and accepted on a good ole boy handshake this job under the table while a paper shuffle process ensues) he is not the man I think he is and I would not want to coach my son another day. Good riddance. He would in that scenario qualify as a manipulative liar with an ethical issue that he has done a great job hiding from everyone on this side.

If he does, I will personally tell him I think he is making a mistake that will cost him a legacy of pride and honor and service here in his home town building something truly great. If he was going to move up to a bigger school, a college, big money, or if this program did not have kids who could win - different story. And if I ever learned he really accepted this job under the table as you have implied; I would lose all respect for him and Bell county. I know that and a quarter still don't buy you a cup of coffee - but I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Has it ever occurred to you that Coach Mills might not give a rats rump what you think...No matter how many times you make these pathetic crying spills on BGR?
:lmao:
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that Coach Mills might not give a rats rump what you think...No matter how many times you make these pathetic crying spills on BGR?

:lmao::Cheerlead
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that Coach Mills might not give a rats rump what you think...No matter how many times you make these pathetic crying spills on BGR?

Very well said! :Clap
I would have to agree with u Skinnypig, most coaches have thick skin and could careless what is said about them in their communities.
Let me be very clear. If Coach Mills enters a legit process and decides to leave - I have no issue. Do I agree it is a good move - no. But I have been wrong before. What I have and continue to be critical of is the notion that he has already accepted the job "under the table" which would have been before he told the players he was staying. If that is the case, it is a shame. If you don't like that opinion I don't care. I did not state it to make you happy or avoid your pathetic crticism. If you support a process such as that to find you a coach - you are as unethical as any man who would take a job under such a guise.

Again - I do not think Wayne Mills would do such a thing. If he ends up taking that job it will be becuase he entered into an above board process and won the job based on the excellent job he did there and the amazing job he has done here. Those of you who have continually said he already accepted the job are the ones who owe Wayne Mills an apology. You have called his character into question publically. I, on the other hand, steadfastly contend that he has done nothing of the sort.

If you know me - you know I post on this board becuase I enjoy the debate, the banter, the knowledge of other reputable posters and yes, I am a Panther football fan. I refuse to enter into rediculous jousts of name calling and the like. Feel free to disagree with my perspective and my position. I have been wrong many times in my life and this may be the next in a long series of those mistakes. But it does not change my position.
Football1 Wrote:Let me be very clear. If Coach Mills enters a legit process and decides to leave - I have no issue. Do I agree it is a good move - no. But I have been wrong before. What I have and continue to be critical of is the notion that he has already accepted the job "under the table" which would have been before he told the players he was staying. If that is the case, it is a shame. If you don't like that opinion I don't care. I did not state it to make you happy or avoid your pathetic crticism. If you support a process such as that to find you a coach - you are as unethical as any man who would take a job under such a guise.

Again - I do not think Wayne Mills would do such a thing. If he ends up taking that job it will be becuase he entered into an above board process and won the job based on the excellent job he did there and the amazing job he has done here. Those of you who have continually said he already accepted the job are the ones who owe Wayne Mills an apology. You have called his character into question publically. I, on the other hand, steadfastly contend that he has done nothing of the sort.

If you know me - you know I post on this board becuase I enjoy the debate, the banter, the knowledge of other reputable posters and yes, I am a Panther football fan. I refuse to enter into rediculous jousts of name calling and the like. Feel free to disagree with my perspective and my position. I have been wrong many times in my life and this may be the next in a long series of those mistakes. But it does not change my position.

If he accept the Bell job it was not through some backroom under the table agreement. If he ends up there it will be because he entered an above board, legit hiring process and demonstrated he was the better candidate and won the job against candidates who got a fair shot.
WhyLie Wrote:If you are suggesting I have 2 accounts, I don't need 2, I will tell you what I think with one........I may be wrong but I have a feeling you play or just graduated.......But you do have good info sometimes.....be careful about repeating what Greer says...he is very one sided. See ya.

I wasnt suggestive of you having 2 accounts to clear that 1 up with ya......i actually never played....but kick myself for not......i have been around the program any years now........i havent stepped a foot back on the premises since they lost to boyle.......watched the game the following monday on tv......it made me sick.......I havent spoken to tommy in quite while now......so how can u accuse me of repeating after him........so be careful to not accuse here......I AM LIKE A SPONGE I ABSORB ALL THINGS I HEAR
Sorry about that......just that after really looking into this I find out that most of what we hear about Mills is coming from him.

I guess we will know in about a week. Interviews this week ?
WhyLie Wrote:Sorry about that......just that after really looking into this I find out that most of what we hear about Mills is coming from him.

I guess we will know in about a week. Interviews this week ?

Well they are neighbors.........lol
Radio Wrote:Any of them. I just cant remember it being a good thing following a legend

bill cowher followed chuck knoll
george seifert followed bill walsh
joe b hall followed rupp
phil fulmer followed johnny majors
mike tomlin followed bill cowher
jimmy johnson followed tom landry

these are what i could think of in 5 min. yes you will probably have more average coaches after a great one but you can very good coaches following "legends" (how you define that can be questionable though)
IMO Coach Mills will have no problem in following Dudleys footsteps if he so chooses and the powers at be give him the opportunity too. He is the best candidate and should be given the job. IMO
How can Mills be the best candidate when you have coaches that have won State Championships that have applied for the job?
Eddy Creek Bay Wrote:How can Mills be the best candidate when you have coaches that have won State Championships that have applied for the job?

Who????
footballfever Wrote:Who????

Yes who besides Raines? With the talent he had at LCA he should have won more that 1.
  •  Previous
  • 27(current)
  • Next