Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15TH Region Respect
Once again Magoffin County is left out of the state top 25. I think the 15th should have two teams in the state top 25 in MC and Belfry. In my opinion I think both of these teams could beat Clay Co. a top 10 team. Both have proved thay can compete and beat any school in the state, the 15th deserves more respect, and both should be ranked.Confusedalute:
East Kentucky as a whole gets no respect from the rest of the State in any sport. The last 4-5 AA State Football Titles are in the mountains...they hate that fact.
Both teams have played well against some good competion. Belfry has 2 big wins against Christian Co and Clark Co, but they have loss to Johnson Central. It doesn't matter that that was the first game, it's still a loss.

Magoffin has wins against Eastern, Rose Hill, and Shelby Co. But they have losses to Newport Catholic, Paris, and Montgomery Co. Each of those teams are considered pretty good teams that you should beat to make it in the top 20.
MC has to prove themselves and beat the best.
thats right snoop, and theyve already accomplished that
The 15th Reigion hasnt gotten any respect in years. MC in ny eyes should rank 15 and Belfry should be ranked 25. A tem like Shelby Co and Corbin (who is ranked under MC and Belfry in the mountains) should night be in the top 25. Magoffin beat Shelby Co. 79 to 73, and if you was there the game wasn't even that close.
Based on results, Magoffin County is not a top 25 team.

Until Magoffin County -- or for that matter, any 15th Region team -- starts picking up wins against good teams from west of I-75, people aren't going to give them a second look. And rightfully so.

Much the same goes for Belfry. Who exactly has Belfry they beat and how good are those teams? In both cases, the won-loss record by itself is deceptive and pretty much meaningless; that's especially true for Belfry, whose schedule is ranked 85th in the state.

Had Magoffin closed out Iroquois or a not-particularly-impressive NCC squad, you might have a case; those losses, along with those to Paris and Montgomery County, undermine your cause.

Beat somebody important -- preferably several somebodies important, like LexCath, West Carter, Sacred Heart or Scott County (which might be the best girls' team in Kentucky right now). Win the Queen of the Bluegrass.

Respect has to be earned. A nice W-L mark alone doesn't do it.
i jus dont see Magoffin County bein in the top 25 of the state!! Sure they got talent but who have they beat?
Magoffin beat Shelby Co. bad, Lou. Eastern bad, Rose Hill bad (even though the score did not show it) and went down to the final seconds with Lou. Iroqouis, by the way Rose Hill killed West Carter.
They need to prove themselves and win the 15th. Don't choke and you will get what you deserve. You have to win the real one before you get ranked. Don't get knocked out come tourn. time and you may rank then.
They only beat Rose Hill by 3 and Shelby Co by 6. But, that's not the thing. They lost to Montgomery Co by 13, Newport Catholic by 8, and Paris by 2.

Like I said earlier, they're pretty good teams , but they're teams you need to beat to get in the top 20.
I don't think it much matters at this point in time if they are a top 25 team in the state they will get that come tourny time, it only matters what you do at the end of the season.
good point ukgirl