Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 62 Paintsville 58
great win for jc. it was hetick in p'ville last night....the fans were crazy dawgging each other out....but anyways jc could take the district on friday with Sheldon Clark @ JC...great game...

:dance: :bounce:
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Are you crazy buddy, Runyon DID NOT get outcoached. As many said earlier in the thread, BOTH coaches made GREAT ADJUSTMENTS throughout the game. The simple fact is that Paintsville had an off night shooting like ALL teams do every now and then. As for the Paintsville school system getting tired of Runyon and cutting him off or replacing him, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Nobody said that it would or wouldnt happen... Lots of people are saying it SHOULD happen. Thats a fact. That includes fans, parents, teachers and several of our alumni groupies are saying.......FACT. No need to get all defensive. YES runyon did get out coached, again..:lmao:
"DEFAN" Wrote:First of all this is not a thread about who gets the most playing time. JC played thier butts off last night to get that big win and all singingpreacher and Imnottelling can do is whine about playing time. C'mon guys, JC will be ok. About Reno and Alford moving??? WHY? What will they proove up North? Nothing. It will probably be the same story. All I Know is stick with the topic.

I am getting tired of having to defend my posts. I wish you would just read the posts right the first time. I was not at any time "whining" about playing time. I was simply stating that I don't believe in pulling a player from the floor for making a mistake. That is all...nuff said I'm not saying anymore on the subject.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day.
JC dominated Paintsville. There was a major crowd there I could hardly breathe.
"LazerMan" Wrote:CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!! COACH RUNYON GOT OUT COACHED AGAIN!!!!!! CONGRATS TO COACH STEARNS........ I just wonder when the Paintsville school system and their alumni get tired of this and cut him off and replace him, that is what happens when you keep loosing.

Funny how your disrespecting a coach that is so well respected all around the state. Bill Mike is a great coach and by beating him one time doesn't make Starns a better coach. Thats like calling Tubby Smith a better coach then Rick Pitino lol Central has a highly talented ball team, and are playing good basketball. Congrats to the Eagles, played a heck of a ball game. And as for your comments on firing bill mike..shows your ignorance. You definitely dont know much about the game of basketball to say something like that.
"superman45" Wrote:JC dominated Paintsville. There was a major crowd there I could hardly breathe.

that game took a lot out of me last night... and I was in the stands... it was unbearable in there, I think that is the hottest it has ever been in that gym... I thought I was going to pass out...it was a very intense game, pretty good game on both sides...
Im so proud of JC for such a great game. I thought they played awsome, especially in the condition of paintsville's gym. Congrats to JC for a huge WIN!
"Imnottelling" Wrote:I am getting tired of having to defend my posts. I wish you would just read the posts right the first time. I was not at any time "whining" about playing time. I was simply stating that I don't believe in pulling a player from the floor for making a mistake. That is all...nuff said I'm not saying anymore on the subject.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day.

pulling a player out for a mistake is apart of the game. it happens to everyone. not just #45 hunny. ok?:Sad04:
sounds like JC isnt really a "TEAM". they are arguing like crazy on here. glad i go to betsy lane!
"coal_bo" Wrote:sounds like JC isnt really a "TEAM". they are arguing like crazy on here. glad i go to betsy lane!

They are a team and have been displaying very good team ball lately. How else could you beat Paintsville at home? Don't let petty comments destroy a reputation...see it for yourself if you want to know the truth. Betsy Lane is a fine place to be. But I'll take JC with how their playing for now. :rock:
Way to go Central, dont forget about sc though, but i know the way weve been playin, they shouldnt be a problem
JC not only claims the #1 in that District, but IMO I think they have established themselves as a bonafide #1 team in the region right now.
Great game JC!!!!Now seal the deal with a win over SC!!!!
I love the score of this 1 wish i could have seen it in person
I dont care what the score is as long as we beat P-ville then it is a great game.
i agree 100%
"DEFAN" Wrote:pulling a player out for a mistake is apart of the game. it happens to everyone. not just #45 hunny. ok?:Sad04:

Here we go again. I wasn't talking about just # 45. I was talking about any player. In the varsity game, that Murray kid was taken out for mistakes made in the first half of the game and I don't think he saw the floor again in the second half. And I'm pretty sure that #23 who is so good was taken out as well. I just don't agree with taking a player out of the game for a mistake....it's crazy to expect them to be able to execute every play with stoic perfection. It's crazy to take them out because someone got a shot off somewhere around them. Now if they are making the same mistake every trip down the floor then that's a different story. Take them out talk to them let them know how to change it and then put them back in. Don't just take them out and not say a word to them. I say that about any coach...I don't agree with it. Don't like my opinion on the matter....tough. It's just my opinion and it has nothing to do with players that I like versus players that I don't. ANY PLAYER!!!!:giveup:
"Superman" Wrote:Funny how your disrespecting a coach that is so well respected all around the state. Bill Mike is a great coach and by beating him one time doesn't make Starns a better coach. Thats like calling Tubby Smith a better coach then Rick Pitino lol Central has a highly talented ball team, and are playing good basketball. Congrats to the Eagles, played a heck of a ball game. And as for your comments on firing bill mike..shows your ignorance. You definitely dont know much about the game of basketball to say something like that.

Boy I have struck a nerve. I am alumni, I have always been a Paintsville Tiger supporter. I can give you my take of the situation and also repeat to you all the little whispers. With the team that Bill has, he should not have any losses on his record this year. The loss to Hazard was embarassing, the loss to Lawrence Co. was embarassing, then Johnson Central, in our own home need I say more. If any coach has this team of talent and keep loosing, its time to step back and revamp. It may be time for a change. This happens. I think the system may be outgrowing him. He has had a long reign, it seems that he isnt into it like he used to be. I do know the game and have been involved for about 30 years. I was at the game and I saw Starns make many adjustments at the right time. He changed his style to what it took to win. Pat on the back to him, he showed up and was the better coach, and brought a better team.Confusedhithappe
"LazerMan" Wrote:Boy I have struck a nerve. I am alumni, I have always been a Paintsville Tiger supporter. I can give you my take of the situation and also repeat to you all the little whispers. With the team that Bill has, he should not have any losses on his record this year. The loss to Hazard was embarassing, the loss to Lawrence Co. was embarassing, then Johnson Central, in our own home need I say more. If any coach has this team of talent and keep loosing, its time to step back and revamp. It may be time for a change. This happens. I think the system may be outgrowing him. He has had a long reign, it seems that he isnt into it like he used to be. I do know the game and have been involved for about 30 years. I was at the game and I saw Starns make many adjustments at the right time. He changed his style to what it took to win. Pat on the back to him, he showed up and was the better coach, and brought a better team.Confusedhithappe

Nice post, LazerMan. It's nice to see an objective Paintsville fan.
With the team that Bill has, he should not have any losses on his record this year.

I just don't agree with you Lazer. Although this club is better than half the schools in the 15th region, the top of the region is about even. This team tends to get thought of as being better than it is because the kids have been playing since the 8th grade and have name recognition. However, they have a gaping hole in the middle. They are not a great shooting club although they can get hot. They do not take care of the ball well although they are a team of mostly guards. Much of this can be attributed to the fact they are still young (the core is only Sophomores). This year the team can compete for the district and region, maybe even win both. Next year could be their year especially if they can find a couple of big men in the middle to rebound and defend. I think they are having an excellent season and about what I expected. A few big wins on talent and a few bad losses due to maturity.
wooo hooo!!! go johnson central
"JMac" Wrote:With the team that Bill has, he should not have any losses on his record this year.

I just don't agree with you Lazer. Although this club is better than half the schools in the 15th region, the top of the region is about even. This team tends to get thought of as being better than it is because the kids have been playing since the 8th grade and have name recognition. However, they have a gaping hole in the middle. They are not a great shooting club although they can get hot. They do not take care of the ball well although they are a team of mostly guards. Much of this can be attributed to the fact they are still young (the core is only Sophomores). This year the team can compete for the district and region, maybe even win both. Next year could be their year especially if they can find a couple of big men in the middle to rebound and defend. I think they are having an excellent season and about what I expected. A few big wins on talent and a few bad losses due to maturity.

I disagree with that statement. I know the core is all sophmores, but remember they started and played most of all games as freshmen. They have more on court experience as sophmores than most juniors and some seniors have. The youth factor worked last year. I just dont see it working two years in a row.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I disagree with that statement. I know the core is all sophmores, but remember they started and played most of all games as freshmen. They have more on court experience as sophmores than most juniors and some seniors have. The youth factor worked last year. I just dont see it working two years in a row.

Also, a few of those sophomores started and played varsity as 8th graders, so those boys this is their 3rd year of varsity..:Geek:
"LazerMan" Wrote:Nobody said that it would or wouldnt happen... Lots of people are saying it SHOULD happen. Thats a fact. That includes fans, parents, teachers and several of our alumni groupies are saying.......FACT. No need to get all defensive. YES runyon did get out coached, again..:lmao:

Well if there are fan, parents, teachers, and several of the alumni saying Runyon SHOULD be let go or dismissed, then they need to get the hell out of Paintsville, take their child and go somewhere else, or quit cheering for Paintsville or whatever. Without Runyon Paintsville is well below .500, and that is a FACT. I love all the assistant coaches to death, wouldn't trade em for the world, the simple fact is that noone will be able to get the job done like BMR.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Well if there are fan, parents, teachers, and several of the alumni saying Runyon SHOULD be let go or dismissed, then they need to get the hell out of Paintsville, take their child and go somewhere else, or quit cheering for Paintsville or whatever. Without Runyon Paintsville is well below .500, and that is a FACT. I love all the assistant coaches to death, wouldn't trade em for the world, the simple fact is that noone will be able to get the job done like BMR.

Get what job done? What has he accomplished this year?? He accomplished to loose, in more ways than one to Johnson Central in his own gym, playing by his own rules!!!! You must be a student, or a wife of one of the asst coaches cause any adult that knows the game know that none of those asst coaches on the bench couldnt coach their way out of a wet paper bag. FACT...... If they were so good as asst coaches then they wouldnt be loosing with the talent and experience they have on that team... Thats the word around town.:bounce:
"LazerMan" Wrote:Get what job done? What has he accomplished this year?? He accomplished to loose, in more ways than one to Johnson Central in his own gym, playing by his own rules!!!! You must be a student, or a wife of one of the asst coaches cause any adult that knows the game know that none of those asst coaches on the bench couldnt coach their way out of a wet paper bag. FACT...... If they were so good as asst coaches then they wouldnt be loosing with the talent and experience they have on that team... Thats the word around town.:bounce:
Word around town?? What are you talking to yourself and considering that as conversation???

Like I've been saying all year, this team does not play smart basketball. They have talent, but they turn the ball over way too much and their shot selection is suspect at best.

As far as BMR is concerned, hell he can't go out there and play for the kids. This team makes the same mistakes over and over. That's not BMR's fault. Your comments about BMR should be fired and that the game has passed him by are out of line and pure ASSANINE.
"jchsrulz" Wrote:What a game!!!!!!!! Both teams played their hearts out. Both coaches made great adjustments throughout the games!:thumb:

Look at that LazerMan, coming from a JC fan, BOTH coaches made GREAT adjustment throughout the game, now if Starks would have "outcoached" Runyon, don't you think that a JC fan would jump all over the opportunity to make BMR look bad.

"LazerMan" Wrote:You must be a student, or a wife of one of the asst coaches cause any adult that knows the game know that none of those asst coaches on the bench couldnt coach their way out of a wet paper bag.

No LazerMan, I am not a student, OR a wife. I am a former student and player of Paintsville, and I know what it takes to play for BMR, did anyone give us a chance in hell to win my senior year (02-03) after we lost Chas Harmon, Jeremy Slone, Brandon Gullett, and Nate Haney the year before, NO, but did we lose, yeah we were 24-4. We played our butts off every game and got the job done, it's all about the players there buddy. You must be a parent of some kid who wasn't good enough to play at Paintsville who is mad at BMR cause your kid can't cut it.
I've seen kids play early for years and still don't think they peak until the get a little older. They may be good players at a younger age, but their games mature during their Junior and Senior years. Think back to some of the historic Paintsville teams, Pelphrey, Couch and Minix all played early, but they had a strong cast of Seniors such as Jeff Baldwin to help lead the team early. Vanhoose and Tackett both played early and had success, but they had Craig Ratliff and Matt Ratliff to lead the way as Seniors. I just don't think a Sophomore dominated lineup will be consistent without Senior leadership and they just don't have it. Doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't win, just that they will be inconsistent. IMHO

PS There used to be a saying that you would lose a Football game for every underclassman you started (Fr & So). I think that would be doubley true for basketball.
"LazerMan" Wrote:Boy I have struck a nerve. I am alumni, I have always been a Paintsville Tiger supporter. I can give you my take of the situation and also repeat to you all the little whispers. With the team that Bill has, he should not have any losses on his record this year. The loss to Hazard was embarassing, the loss to Lawrence Co. was embarassing, then Johnson Central, in our own home need I say more. If any coach has this team of talent and keep loosing, its time to step back and revamp. It may be time for a change. This happens. I think the system may be outgrowing him. He has had a long reign, it seems that he isnt into it like he used to be. I do know the game and have been involved for about 30 years. I was at the game and I saw Starns make many adjustments at the right time. He changed his style to what it took to win. Pat on the back to him, he showed up and was the better coach, and brought a better team.Confusedhithappe

Bill Mike is a great coach, and if you have been involved with Paintsville sports over the years you would know that. These boys really arent playing good basketball, which can happen to any team on any given night. Their decision making has been terrible, and thats not his fault. Like Sportwhiz said, the man cant go out there and play for them. If you really were a paintsville fan you'd stand by these kids no matter what instead of bashing them like that. Alot of maturity shown by a man of your age..
I cant wait to see the next meeting between these two teams....