Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The History Of BGR!
I've been looking back to the first threads to ever be started and it's amazing at how this site has expanded. I wish I'd knew about this site when it first started. This site is AMAZING! And like in the earlier posts from 2005. QQ, you are a legend!!! And I thank you so much for this site and to the people who help this site become what it is today! :notworthy

And if anyone has any stories from way back when, please fill free to post!:Thumbs:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Could you please post links to some of those very early threads? It would be very interesting to read them.
just go to the classic threads forum and you can check the best ones out..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Most of the stuff is in the archive's.
Come on guys, no stories? Or nothing to say about this sites history?

:biggrin:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I started on this site during the summer entering my sophomore year of high school under the name of 'blackcat_student'. My grammar was crap and I was a big mister know it all, like most young teens that get on here. I look back at some of those old threads and think at how dumb I was. But I've come a long way since then and I've learned a lot from a wide variety of members over the years.

I also would like to thank those who helped make this site what it is today.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I started on this site during the summer entering my sophomore year of high school under the name of 'blackcat_student'. My grammar was crap and I was a big mister know it all, like most young teens that get on here. I look back at some of those old threads and think at how dumb I was. But I've come a long way since then and I've learned a lot from a wide variety of members over the years.

Who isn't a know it all at the age? LOL At least you can admit it!

:Thumbs:
#BBFL
I jumped on board a couple days after it opened. I got a pm on bgp from basketballer andthey said to check this place out. There were like three threads started. So what did we do?? We posted like crazy. Cause there was nothing to read. Things were a lot less regulated then also and the site was black. Before vbulletin. Members like beef bcf4l 4leaf catdawg, and a few others were truly the pioneers of this site making it what it is today.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I started on this site during the summer entering my sophomore year of high school under the name of 'blackcat_student'. My grammar was crap and I was a big mister know it all, like most young teens that get on here. I look back at some of those old threads and think at how dumb I was. But I've come a long way since then and I've learned a lot from a wide variety of members over the years.

Pretty much the same for me, except I got here during my freshmen football season. I was on and off back then, but I've been a consistent member since 2007.

Anyone remember Ronald_Reagan from the Political and General Discussion forums? lol. :biggrin::argue: Those were the glory days of the Political forum..
vundy33 Wrote:Pretty much the same for me, except I got here during my freshmen football season. I was on and off back then, but I've been a consistent member since 2007.

Anyone remember Ronald_Reagan from the Political and General Discussion forums? lol. :biggrin::argue: Those were the glory days of the Political forum..

His weather prediction threads were legendary......
I think we all have our stories, and to be honest, it was the best thing that happened to me. I knew nothing of BGR until my frustration level grew to the point of hatred for the other guy's. I did a google search to find BGR, and have found a HOME. Though many of the long-timers on here have hated me ever since for busting down the front door of your house, drinking your beer, and leaving the toilet seat up!:biggrin:

I truly enjoy this site. I travel considerably for my job and have accessed the site from coast to coast (including Hawaii)!
BlackcatAlum gave me an infraction about 3 years ago and I'm still mad. LOL Couldn't post for a few days. But, I still got on here to see what was going on. I use to say things I shouldn't but I've calmed down a lot.
Stardust Wrote:I think we all have our stories, and to be honest, it was the best thing that happened to me. I knew nothing of BGR until my frustration level grew to the point of hatred for the other guy's. I did a google search to find BGR, and have found a HOME. Though many of the long-timers on here have hated me ever since for busting down the front door of your house, drinking your beer, and leaving the toilet seat up!:biggrin:

I truly enjoy this site. I travel considerably for my job and have accessed the site from coast to coast (including Hawaii)!

:Thumbs:

I posted from Afghanistan. I win.
vundy33 Wrote::Thumbs:

I posted from Afghanistan. I win.

vundy, you posting in Afghanistan is hardly a winner over being in Hawaii:biggrin:
What kind of job do you have that would require you to travel as much as you do, and especially to Hawaii? You a pimp Dusty? Gah, I knew it..
vundy33 Wrote:What kind of job do you have that would require you to travel as much as you do, and especially to Hawaii? You a pimp Dusty? Gah, I knew it..

My job is to decipher law and legal regulations in the financial services industry. Thus, I'm in DC often. Politicians hate to see me, because, as many on here can attest to, I'm not a very politically friendly person, and hardly am I politically correct to those I see in Washington. My job is to depiher the BS and then challenge it. Hmm, very familiar to what I do here :biggrin:

I've been to every major city in the US, and been to Maui twice (all for work ConfusedhhSmile

Side not on the travel, spent a week in WTC prior to 9/11. Sobering to say the least.
Stardust Wrote:My job is to decipher law and legal regulations in the financial services industry. Thus, I'm in DC often. Politicians hate to see me, because, as many on here can attest to, I'm not a very politically friendly person, and hardly am I politically correct to those I see in Washington. My job is to depiher the BS and then challenge it. Hmm, very familiar to what I do here :biggrin:

I've been to every major city in the US, and been to Maui twice (all for work ConfusedhhSmile

Side not on the travel, spent a week in WTC prior to 9/11. Sobering to say the least.

huh? lol.

In Soviet Russia, law and legal regulation decipher you.
vundy33 Wrote:huh? lol.

In Soviet Russia, law and legal regulation decipher you.

Lol - There is law, then there are regulations. Not the same, but you need someone like me to decipher the two:biggrin:

Homeland Security and IRS can create Laws through politicians. SEC and FINRA set regulations. All Government agencies.
I'd like to work Homeland Security after the Army. Preferably CIA, that's what I'm going to school for, but any government defense agency would due.
First ever general discussion thread i think

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/arc.../t-10.html
Wildcatk23 Wrote:First ever general discussion thread i think

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/arc.../t-10.html

Wow! Does it sure look different!
Gah CE was a little harsh on Pres. Bush. lol.
Well I have been here almost since the start and has mad some great friends and met a few of the BGR members..... The site has grown leaps in bounds since it was created by QQ.... We have had members come and go but the site keeps chugging along.... I wish more of the older members that were around we it was started we more involved now.. but like me families and other functions take your time away....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Stardust;1119366[B Wrote:]My job is to decipher law [/B]and legal regulations in the financial services industry. Thus, I'm in DC often. Politicians hate to see me, because, as many on here can attest to, I'm not a very politically friendly person, and hardly am I politically correct to those I see in Washington. My job is to depiher the BS and then challenge it. Hmm, very familiar to what I do here :biggrin:

I thought you were in the mob.
Westside Wrote:I thought you were in the mob.

Sometimes it's like that:biggrin:
I joined in January 2006, so Im sort of an oldtimer. It was fun being one of like, two people from Jenkins (my brother being the other, lol), until Jenkins football became sort of competitive and some of their idiot players started getting on here and predicting they'd win state, then go on and beat whoever was playing in the Superbowl. It was more fun being a Bama fan too, because they were a "mediocre SEC team on the downward spiral" to some people, and I predicted when we got Saban, that we'd be back. Then when Bama wins the national championship there were 890 million closet "true Bama fans" that came out of the woodworks and told me how theyve struggled right there with me through the hardships and down years. Yeah right.. Ive predicted the Pirates to win the world series every year since then on here (and I will continue to pick them until I die, lol)..And Ive debated, cussed, and called BFritz every name in the book off screen and some of it on screen too because of his stupid Bengals and my beloved Steelers. Whether he knows it or not, Ive had Kimo Von Ohlhoffens back for five years. And Im surprised that Fritz hasnt snuck into his house and assassinated him yet. And Fritz has become someone Ive came to admire. Ive mad a lot of friends on here. A TON of them, and Ive met some people over the years that I'd love to slam over the head with a ball bat too, lol..but I love this site. I get on to see if I missed anything first thing in the morning, and off and on during the day, and of course at night too..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I look back on my older posts and infractions and it's more than a little embarrassing, thankfully I have matured a lot from those days. This site has been an addiction since the first time I ever got on it, my wife always says she doesn't see how I stay on it all time, but she doesn't have the love and passion for sports like I do. But thanks to QQ for making this site and to all the staff for helping to keep it running and making it what it is today!
Good stuff. I think I'm going to cry..

Not.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I have been here almost since the start and has mad some great friends and met a few of the BGR members..... The site has grown leaps in bounds since it was created by QQ.... We have had members come and go but the site keeps chugging along.... I wish more of the older members that were around we it was started we more involved now.. but like me families and other functions take your time away....

Same Here, it seems to me like you hardly ever see anyone that was here when it first started.
#BBFL
You've been here longer than February 09?