Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone on here lost a child
Has anyone on here lost a child and if so how do you cope with it ?

I lost my only son on March 15th 2006 @ 25 years of age and still have a very rough time dealing with the loss,,just have to live with it from day to day and at this time of year it seems to get much tougher because of the Holidays..
I'm very sorry to hear about that BHS78. I've not lost a child(don't have any). But I've lost my grandfather who was very close to me. And he was like my dad in some ways. And there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I have almost lost my 2 year old son numerous times but we know he has a very rare chromosome disorder and that he may not live very long. I don't think there realy is a way to cope with it.
BHS78 Wrote:Has anyone on here lost a child and if so how do you cope with it ?

I lost my only son on March 15th 2006 @ 25 years of age and still have a very rough time dealing with the loss,,just have to live with it from day to day and at this time of year it seems to get much tougher because of the Holidays..

I am so sorry to hear this, I honestly am. As a parent, it is our worst fear. I did live through this with my wife (we were engaged at the time) and her sister who passed away in a car accident. The healing has been non-stop for the past 27 years and there is a day that does not go by that she is thought of. My prayers for your peace. God Bless.
king360 Wrote:I have almost lost my 2 year old son numerous times but we know he has a very rare chromosome disorder and that he may not live very long. I don't think there realy is a way to cope with it.

My prayers king360, I have a 17 year-old that we lost three times when he was an infant. Spent the first six months of his life on a Heart Monitor. God blessed us with a healing, and he is 100% healthy now. I remember a drive that my wife and I made going over 100 MPH rushing to the Hosptial while my wife held our limp blue-child. God bless you.
Stardust Wrote:My prayers king360, I have a 17 year-old that we lost three times when he was an infant. Spent the first six months of his life on a Heart Monitor. God blessed us with a healing, and he is 100% healthy now. I remember a drive that my wife and I made going over 100 MPH rushing to the Hosptial while my wife held our limp blue-child. God bless you.

This whole tread just makes me cry!....Love, hugs, and prayers for those who have lost a child....And those who have struggled with a childs health!...I'm So sorry for you all...And proud of you at the same time....you are strong caring individuals!
Stardust Wrote:My prayers king360, I have a 17 year-old that we lost three times when he was an infant. Spent the first six months of his life on a Heart Monitor. God blessed us with a healing, and he is 100% healthy now. I remember a drive that my wife and I made going over 100 MPH rushing to the Hosptial while my wife held our limp blue-child. God bless you.

That is the scariest time of anyones life, it happened to us also.
In all seriousness, if anyone needs someone to talk to, pray with, etc... Send me a PM, give me a call, whatever it takes.

I have no children and could not imagine the pain y'all must have suffered.

If I can say anything to you, or give any advice it is to hold on to Jesus!
LWC Wrote:In all seriousness, if anyone needs someone to talk to, pray with, etc... Send me a PM, give me a call, whatever it takes.

I have no children and could not imagine the pain y'all must have suffered.

If I can say anything to you, or give any advice it is to hold on to Jesus!

:Thumbs:
The closest I've came to losing a child is when my ex-fiance' had a miscarriage after 3 months back in May. The pregnancy wasn't planned, but I was in a decent position life-wise and loved her, and would've been able to afford a baby easily. She would've been a great mom, and I was so excited. Things just didn't work out though.

I have had to go through something similar though. I lost my dad in a coal mining accident when I was 17..I swear that's the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. Out of all the crap I've been through at my age, these injuries I'm dealing with and all of it, I'd go through it a million more times just to have my Dad back.

I do realize losing a child is probably the worse loss you can have, and I lost mine before I even had it and it was pretty tough, I don't even want to think about losing a kid after they're born.
My prayers go out to all of you, especially the ones that deal with sickness and the loss of loved ones. I lost my uncle whom I was close to (he gave me the nickname Hoss) last month, and over the last 4 years, I have lost 11 family members (cousins, uncle, grandparents, etc) and I have another uncle who had a heart attack just tonight (he is stable now)..I couldnt imagine losing a child or a parent, and my heart goes out to those that have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:My prayers go out to all of you, especially the ones that deal with sickness and the loss of loved ones. I lost my uncle whom I was close to (he gave me the nickname Hoss) last month, and over the last 4 years, I have lost 11 family members (cousins, uncle, grandparents, etc) and I have another uncle who had a heart attack just tonight (he is stable now)..I couldn't imagine losing a child or a parent, and my heart goes out to those that have.

Praying for your uncle Hoss!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
My heart goes out to all of you. I have only lost 1 Grandparent when i was six. She died christmas day. Which was also when she was born.

God bless you! I will pray for you and yours. I have always been told that God never puts more on our shoulders than we can bear, but to lose a child must be the heaviest burden one can bear. The holidays can be the happiest and yet the saddest time for all of us. Please PM me if you need to talk.

BHS78, my heart goes out to you as well as the others who have replied to this thread. I have not lost a child, but August 7th of this year, my son lost his best friend in a motorcycle accident. Casey wrecked in front of my son and Jordan saw everything happen. They had just left my house and wrecked maybe 5 minutes from here. He was only 21... I loved Casey like one of my own, and the months since his death have been awful for us. And for as much as I hurt, I know my son hurts even more because of what he saw (in addition to losing his best friend).

I hope that the saying "time heals all pain" holds true for all of us... I will keep you in my prayers. May God comfort you and everyone else who has lost a child...
belfry forever Wrote:BHS78, my heart goes out to you as well as the others who have replied to this thread. I have not lost a child, but August 7th of this year, my son lost his best friend in a motorcycle accident. Casey wrecked in front of my son and Jordan saw everything happen. They had just left my house and wrecked maybe 5 minutes from here. He was only 21... I loved Casey like one of my own, and the months since his death have been awful for us. And for as much as I hurt, I know my son hurts even more because of what he saw (in addition to losing his best friend).

I hope that the saying "time heals all pain" holds true for all of us... I will keep you in my prayers. May God comfort you and everyone else who has lost a child...

I knew Casey as well...just lost another friend. I'm so sick of it.
Haven't lost a child of my own thank the precious lord, but have lost one of my babies at school. It was 5 years ago on the 18th. She was having headaches, vomiting, and stomach problems. The doctors were treating her with stomach meds and phenegran for the vomiting. NOT just throwing up, it was projectile! I held her head while she was throwing up on her last day at school and she was crying ..... she didn't want her teacher mad at her for not being in class. Her mom was on her way to get her and take her back to the doctor. Needless to say, this little angel never came back to school. She was a blessing to all that knew her and touched many hearts in her short time here on earth. I am adding a picture of her to my post. I miss this baby even though she wasn't mine... she was a part of my babies at school and my heart still breaks for her mommy and daddy everyday!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
That's horrible...was it meningitis?
phs1986 Wrote:Haven't lost a child of my own thank the precious lord, but have lost one of my babies at school. It was 5 years ago on the 18th. She was having headaches, vomiting, and stomach problems. The doctors were treating her with stomach meds and phenegran for the vomiting. NOT just throwing up, it was projectile! I held her head while she was throwing up on her last day at school and she was crying ..... she didn't want her teacher mad at her for not being in class. Her mom was on her way to get her and take her back to the doctor. Needless to say, this little angel never came back to school. She was a blessing to all that knew her and touched many hearts in her short time here on earth. I am adding a picture of her to my post. I miss this baby even though she wasn't mine... she was a part of my babies at school and my heart still breaks for her mommy and daddy everyday!

This is terrible, sorry for your loss.
vundy33 Wrote:That's horrible...was it meningitis?

Nope, she had a "tumor" sort of mass at the base of her brain. With the symptoms she had, this wasn't even thought of. They were going to do a MRI on her but she wasn't stable enough to move.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
My mom is in the hospital right now. Her hair had caught on fire it burnt her hands, face, and arms. It happen Friday night we was at home, and the next thing I know I seen her, and jumped on top of her carried her to the sink got some of it out until I broke the sink from pulling it then I take her to the bathtub to put the rest out. My sister and I got her ready and drove her to the hospital because I figured I could get her there faster then 911 could. Now were in huntington, and she is improving everyday if you could just pray for my mom to have a full and speedy recovery.
Will do.
HawksRule Wrote:My mom is in the hospital right now. Her hair had caught on fire it burnt her hands, face, and arms. It happen Friday night we was at home, and the next thing I know I seen her, and jumped on top of her carried her to the sink got some of it out until I broke the sink from pulling it then I take her to the bathtub to put the rest out. My sister and I got her ready and drove her to the hospital because I figured I could get her there faster then 911 could. Now were in huntington, and she is improving everyday if you could just pray for my mom to have a full and speedy recovery.

You have my prayers!

Here are some verses that may give your family encouragement:

“He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Psalm 107:20)

“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17a)
Huntington has a great burn center if she's bad enough for it, I was there for a little while. Hopefully she'll end up pretty fine, I have a good feeling about it and that's a good sign, I'm usually right with those.
I appreciate it LWC I have been praying the past few days.
Yes vundy they have her in the burn unit here in huntington, and they do seem to be doing very good with her.
I haven't lost a child (thank God), but I lost a niece this past April. She had just turned a month old and was a twin. She just stopped breathing in the middle of the night. Responders tried to administer CPR at the scene, but were unable to pull her out of it. The other twin is as healthy as can be, but losing an infant like that is probably one of the toughest things I've ever been through.
Lots of loss in the community of Bluegrassrivals.com My prayers are with all of you.
My son committed suicide on July 27,2010.
He hung himself at the place he hated the most in Ohio, at the Bridge on the bike path near Heath high school.
The pain has not gone away at all and when I am honest about it, it has only gotten worse.
He had a lot of issues do to all of the abuse he took from his birth giver and all of the guys she lived with or had in her house.
When he moved out on his own he left me under the impression that he was going back on his medicine (something he did not need when he was living with me)
He was going through a lot but it was hidden from me until a few days before he took his own life.
His on again off again girlfriend had broke down and told me that the reason she broke up with him and moved out of the place they were sharing was because she caught him trying to hang himself back in Feb. He told her if she told anyone about it especially me he would take his own life before anyone could get there to stop him.
She told me and I spoke to him a couple of hours before he took his own life.
We made plans to go to the Pike County Bowl in Pikeville.
Once we got there my plan was to let him know I knew what was going on and I was going to check him in a place down there where he could get the help he needed.
I never got the chance to help him and that pain a lone has taken control of my life in a big way.
^ NCF, I am so sorry! I truly am, and I never knew anything about this. My thoughts and prayer are for you my friend!
Thanks.