Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suns-Magic HUGE trade
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

Quote:The trade returns former Magic star Hedo Turkoglu, along with Jason Richardson and Earl Clark, to Orlando in exchange for Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round pick and cash considerations.

Orlando, losers of five of its last six games, is also close to acquiring (Gilbert) Arenas for Rashard Lewis, sources said.
Hedo, if he can recapture the "magic" from his previous days in Orlando will be a good pick-up. Not so sure I consider this HUGE though.
Well, Arenas for Lewis is a steal.
Dusty, don't forget Vince Carter and the 1st Round pick...Those first rounders can be HUGE!
Magic trade Lewis to the Wizards in exchange for Arenas.
Magic trade Carter, Gortat, a first round pick and Pietrus to the Suns in exchange for Jason Richardson, Hedo Tuckoglu, and Earl Clark.

This could be the magic back in the mix of things in the East. Hedo really clicked with the Magic before he left, will be interesting to see how this new team will mesh.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861
Crap, just saw the thread, can a mod merge them?
I do believe this makes the Magic better. Hedo clicks in Gundy's system. Arenas and Richardson are athletic shooters, and Clark is a big guy with a ton of potential. Getting rid of Lewis anyway, shape, or form helps the Magic instantly. Carter and Lewis weren't getting the job done, a change had to be made.
Aslan Wrote:I do believe this makes the Magic better. Hedo clicks in Gundy's system. Arenas and Richardson are athletic shooters, and Clark is a big guy with a ton of potential. Getting rid of Lewis anyway, shape, or form helps the Magic instantly. Carter and Lewis weren't getting the job done, a change had to be made.

I sure hope that Howard is ALWAYS wearing his Superman cape, you know, the bullit proof one. He always needs to be ready with Gilbert in the locker room:yikes:
Stardust Wrote:I sure hope that Howard is ALWAYS wearing his Superman cape, you know, the bullit proof one. He always needs to be ready with Gilbert in the locker room:yikes:

LOL true!
Great great great great great news.. I have been preaching this forever.. Get rid of freakin' Lewis.
So how does this benefit the Wizards? I think I'd rather see Wall passing to Lewis instead of having to deal with that idiot Arenas. I really don't like him, and it's not because of the gun charge, I love guns. Just a stupid, immature attitude is what I get from him.
vundy33 Wrote:So how does this benefit the Wizards? I think I'd rather see Wall passing to Lewis instead of having to deal with that idiot Arenas. I really don't like him, and it's not because of the gun charge, I love guns. Just a stupid, immature attitude is what I get from him.

I'm with ya. I'd rather have Lewis than to have Arenas. The wizards have enough scoring from John Wall.

:biggrin:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Big trade.
Hedo could be a monster pickup for the magic if he still has it.
In Toronto they wanted him to do everything and he simply couldn't do it.
In Phoenix they run a fast-break offense that didn't suit him either.
In Orlando they will now have shooters, a good PG(Nelson), a premier big man, and Hedo can be the one-on-one guy.

The only thing I don't like about this trade is giving up Pietrus and the 1st round pick.
If this doesn't work out, they won't have a pick to work with next year.
It will work, your forgetting about J Rich. Hedo worked excellent with the Magic and I am very pleased to see him in the line up again. He helped the Magic to the conference championship 2 years ago.

This should slingshot Magic right up there with the best in the East.
With that said, what in the world is happening to the West?
^What in the heck are you talking about?

The West is doing just fine.
^ I meant they are losing a lot of talented players to Eastern teams.
Ballers Wrote:^ I meant they are losing a lot of talented players to Eastern teams.

^Well it isn't like the magic gave them nothing in return.
Gortat will fit in well with the Suns, as they are weak at the center position.
I'm sure Nash is fine with having Vince Carter to throw dimes to as well.
Pietrus will help the Suns as well.
This is as good of a trade for the Suns as it is for the Magic.
^ Magic got the better end of the deal.
Lewis is packing around a 19mil contract.
Ballers Wrote:^ Magic got the better end of the deal.
Lewis is packing around a 19mil contract.

Lewis didn't go to the West.
Suns also got a first round pick out of the deal.
Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Ballers, Magic got the best end of the deal, but Zaga is right, the Suns did get quality players in return and some hope for the future.
zaga_fan Wrote:Lewis didn't go to the West.

Doesn't matter where he went.
I was advising you that the West is losing players to the East.
And I was also saying that Lewis is packing around a big contract..
Too big of a contract for his game now..
I remember when he used to have 40+ 50+ games..
Now he's lucky to have a 10 point game.

Pietrus was a loss, but look at what they got in return.
Pietrus really doesn't do much in the season time, he plays good D but he's more of a play-offs guy. Shows up big in the play-offs.