•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just [CHAT] on BGR
Filthy Animal Wrote:What's the coldest weather you ever played or watched a football game in?

I went to see HCHS play Breathitt County and it was 11 degrees!....BRRRR!

My last game my senior season we played a game when it was somewhere between 18-20 degrees with heavy snow and there was already about an inch or maybe two on the field!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:My last game my senior season we played a game when it was somewhere between 18-20 degrees with heavy snow and there was already about an inch or maybe two on the field!!

I bet this was awesome! The closest I've ever gotten to playing a football game in the snow is in a backyard football game. LOL
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Probably at Pburg or on Letcher Central's new field late that year...around 20 at Pburg, warmer at LC but there was like a half inch of snow up there and on the road there wasn't any. lol.

Oops, forgot about Whitesburg. Gah, seems forever ago. But yeah, at Whitesburg my senior year. The mud hole in the middle of the field was frozen and I put some tiny linebacker into it, lol. That kid was tiny but he was ripped. I think I remember him being a standout running back my senior year at Knott Central or something.
What's the weather suppose to be like?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It's snowing at my locale.
vundy33 Wrote:It's snowing at my locale.

How much we suppose to get?
#BBFL
I have no idea. I'll find out though.
lol, I turned it to the Weather Channel right when Local on the 8's was coming on..says it's rain-mix here, but it's not. Snow, and probably the rest of the night from what I can tell.

Gah I wanted to see the dang eclipse.
I wish it would just quit snowing for this winter.
#BBFL
As long as it's cold, I want the snow. No use to be cold without some snow.
vundy33 Wrote:As long as it's cold, I want the snow. No use to be cold without some snow.

I agree!....:Thumbs:
vundy33 Wrote:As long as it's cold, I want the snow. No use to be cold without some snow.

I'd prefer Snow, as long as the temperature is in the 70's
What is the Christmas forecast where you live? They are calling for lots of snow in the Louisville area.
I'm a little late to the party!
Jarons Wrote:What is the Christmas forecast where you live? They are calling for lots of snow in the Louisville area.

Lots of snow in NKY as well, but not 70's Sad
Aslan Wrote:I'm a little late to the party!

Better late than never
It looks like we are going to get a big snow for Christmas. I'm a snow fan, but at this point, I want it to go away.
^ Amen to that. I'm sick of seeing it!
^ I've always been a huge snow fan, but it's not as cool as it used to be since they don't call off work for weeks at a time because of it.
I had 4 phone calls this morning starting at 5:30!

#1. School is on a 1 hr delay.
#2. School is on a 2 hr delay.
#3. School is canceled!
#4. Mother-in law, "Did ya know school was Canceled?"...(I could just choke her!)

so I get up, look out, and NO snow!....It must have frozen higher on the mountain is all I can figure!...geeze!...what a morning

Oh yeah, did I mention I was up till 3:30 again?
I looked outside around 11pm last night and it was snowing..
My first instincts were "Yes, no work".. I stayed up and watched a movie.. went to sleep around 2 am, still snowing, road was covered.

Woke up this morning around 10 am, roads were clear. So I had to roll into work Sad

Also watched the Vikings get spanked last night and Webb got his first TD.
Filthy Animal Wrote:I had 4 phone calls this morning starting at 5:30!

#3. School is canceled!
#4. Mother-in law, "Did ya know school was Canceled?"...(I could just choke her!)

so I get up, look out, and NO snow!....It must have frozen higher on the mountain is all I can figure!...geeze!...what a morning

Lol, sounds like our house. Calls start around 5:00 AM on snow days. We get word from the Bus garage before the schools start calling the students due to our businesses. Then we get the calls from the school. Ugghh, by that time, I may as well get up and go on into work.
I have had two of the most productive days in quite a while.

Created a 2-church directory from scratch, went Christmas caroling with the bigger church, typed up and put finishing touches on a 2011 long-range planning calender, and spent time with the wife. Great two days. If the snow could stay away, I could get some visitations done.

Also, I found Miracle on 34th Street on t.v and recorded it with the DVR, LWC is very happy!
vundy33 Wrote:Probably at Pburg or on Letcher Central's new field late that year...around 20 at Pburg, warmer at LC but there was like a half inch of snow up there and on the road there wasn't any. lol.

Oops, forgot about Whitesburg. Gah, seems forever ago. But yeah, at Whitesburg my senior year. The mud hole in the middle of the field was frozen and I put some tiny linebacker into it, lol. That kid was tiny but he was ripped. I think I remember him being a standout running back my senior year at Knott Central or something.

I'm not sure but is this the same game at Knott Central when we were attacked by yellow jackets at halftime?
Filthy Animal Wrote:I had 4 phone calls this morning starting at 5:30!

#3. School is canceled!

If I get any sort of call from my mother-in-law I want to choke her lol
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I'm not sure but is this the same game at Knott Central when we were attacked by yellow jackets at halftime?

lol, I mixed about 3 games together in that and they all weren't that year, but yeah that one. It wasn't the cold one I was talking about though. I didn't get one sting on me. I remember thinking it'd be funny if Knott Central were the Yellow Jackets..
Gah I was up all night. I can't sleep at all anymore.
How come when you drop something heavy it always has to land on your little toe? I think I may have a broken toe.
Haha. If I was there I'd step on it but say it was an accident.
I dropped a tea jug on my big toe and it broke the nail. That hurt bad enough! I couldn't imagine breaking it!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next