Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 52 Owsley County 44
Owsley County led for most of this game. They were ahead 30-22 at the half, and trailed by 37-35 after three. It was a 47-44 Hazard lead with 2 minutes left in the game and the Owls' Robert Smith fouled out. Hazard hit their free throws in the final seconds to pull out a VERY hard win.

Owsley went cold as ice from the field in the second half, missing open 3's and lane shots, or they would have won this game. Actually should have won. Hazard is extremely lucky to get out of Booneville with a W.
Congrats Hazard
good win hazard
Congrats Hazard!
Coach Spurlock knew this game was going to be a tough one in that gym. He also said that Smith would make the Owls much, much better than what their record shows, and it showed tonight, as well as the last 3 games.

But the Dawgs have won 7 of 8 heading to Wolfe Co. next Wednesday as they begin defense of their 3-time All "A" regional championship!!!!!!!
hazard gets no credit from most of u haters out there.......they are a good team and they play well together......good win dawgs
I agree with you golfman42...when LC came back they were a good fighting team when Hazard comes back they are lucky....good win dawgs
"nobody" Wrote:I agree with you golfman42...when LC came back they were a good fighting team when Hazard comes back they are lucky....good win dawgs

And He was correct. It was a tough game.

Hazard led early, but Owsley took the lead early in the 2nd quarter and led until Hazard took a 45-44 lead with about 2 minutes to go, and then hung on by hitting their free throws. Owsley didn't shoot well from outside. In the 2nd half they were frigid from the field....and they have better shooters than that. Smith seems to be getting back in the groove and everyones played together a little more tonight.

Plus, Hazard had better be thankful they have the Hicks kid. He carried them all night.

Owsley could be a huge hurdle for June Buchanan to overcome in the All A next Wednesday, also in Booneville. This is not the same team that was 1-9 when Smith returned last week. They are playing with more confidence.
"daredevil4life" Wrote:Coach Spurlock knew this game was going to be a tough one in that gym. He also said that Smith would make the Owls much, much better than what their record shows, and it showed tonight, as well as the last 3 games.

But the Dawgs have won 7 of 8 heading to Wolfe Co. next Wednesday as they begin defense of their 3-time All "A" regional championship!!!!!!!

^
This is the post I meant to quote in the above post.
Even though the Owls lost i think that they are playing really good basketball at the moment.
Owsley is playing good ball right now. With Smith leading them they should turn this season around.
[QUOTE="DOC"]And He was correct. It was a tough game.

Hazard led early, but Owsley took the lead early in the 2nd quarter and led until Hazard took a 45-44 lead with about 2 minutes to go, and then hung on by hitting their free throws. Owsley didn't shoot well from outside. In the 2nd half they were frigid from the field....and they have better shooters than that. QUOTE]
I forgot doc hazard only wins if the team they are playing is shooting terrible from the field. Could it be that Hazard played great defense? They have a great defensive back court with Hicks, Williams, and Wallace. So give them some credit
Where was the D in the first half?...Owsley just got cold in the second half.
Golfman 42,

So I guess when Owsley was ahead at the half 30-22, Hazard was just having a bad shooting night.....and it wasn't anything to do with Owsley playing defense. Hazard is the only team that can play defense Rolleyes.

Owsley's 6'6 soph., Kevin Riley, had 5 block shots for the game. That's defense, isn't it?
Watched Hazard several times this year and this was the worst game I saw them play all year. Owsley was lucky they were flat after the exciting victory over Leslie.
congrats hazard
"Asphalt Cowboy" Wrote:Watched Hazard several times this year and this was the worst game I saw them play all year. Owsley was lucky they were flat after the exciting victory over Leslie.

Cowboy, Owsley was just as flat as Hazard, they shot a low percentage. If Robert Smith hadn't fouled out it could have been a different outcome. Owsley was down 1 when he left the game. Quit making excuses.
congrats
Good job DAWGS Confusedalute:
"DOC" Wrote:Golfman 42,

So I guess when Owsley was ahead at the half 30-22, Hazard was just having a bad shooting night.....and it wasn't anything to do with Owsley playing defense. Hazard is the only team that can play defense Rolleyes.

Owsley's 6'6 soph., Kevin Riley, had 5 block shots for the game. That's defense, isn't it?

Did i say anything about owsley defense doc.......no. Im saying that hazard gets no credit.......its always because the other team couldnt throw a ball in the ocean they were so cold. All im sayin is the boys from hazard needs some credit cause they work their butts off night in and night out.
"golfman42" Wrote:Did i say anything about owsley defense doc.......no. Im saying that hazard gets no credit.......its always because the other team couldnt throw a ball in the ocean they were so cold. All im sayin is the boys from hazard needs some credit cause they work their butts off night in and night out.
Its not like Owsley dont work there butts off night in and night out. To be a successful team that is what it takes. Hazard has a very good ball team. From my view point, Hazard only has one shooter and that is Hicks. How could Hazard come out cold if all there other players shoot lay-up's. Owsley played good defense against Hazard, just about all there scoring came from the outside. Owsley shut there inside scoring off. If Smith would not had got a cheap foul out front, the outcome may had been different, who knows. I do say this; Congrats to Hazard on there WIN!!!! :Thumbs:
owsley is a joke, yea they came out flat thats what killed them, they gave no help defense which let them drive and kick all night, owsley just caught them on bad night and got lucky and stayed with hazard until the 2nd half when the talent of the depth chart really starts to show
"RPL" Wrote:owsley is a joke, yea they came out flat thats what killed them, they gave no help defense which let them drive and kick all night, owsley just caught them on bad night and got lucky and stayed with hazard until the 2nd half when the talent of the depth chart really starts to show

Owsley County is not a joke!:lame:

You know, the Owls could have had something to do with Hazard's "bad night".

With Robert Smith now back to join Trey Congleton and Daniel Neeley for the Owls, I don't think there's actually much difference in these two teams.
IMO, Hazard was lucky Owsley lost their shooting touch in the second half or the Bulldogs could have left Booneville with their tails tucked between their legs. :bigeyed:
Maybe Hazard simply caught Owsley on a "bad night".