Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6'1 kid from Cowan dunking
i went to watch emalina or however its spelled play last night because the 6'4 kid but he was a no show and i saw number 23 from cowan dunking:yikes:! does anyone know this kid he is a great player!!!!! or any comments?
Hunter is a good kid. In my opinion he's a much better football player than he is a basketball player. Don't get me wrong, he's a great basketball player but his future is in football. I think he's a natural born running back and he's also a heck of linebacker.
i have watched him play football and basketball i think its going to be hard for him to pick the sport he wants to focus on. Do you really think Whitaker is going to play him at the running back position? I think he should, don't get me wrong he is the best back i have ever watched play the game in the mountains or anywhere for that fact in kentucky. I have heard Whitaker likes small back even though hunter would be if he gets the chance the best player ever to come out of the mountains. So that puts the question where will he land in high school and which sport he will pick?
By the way lambert have you ever watched him play basketball?
Wildcatpride Wrote:i have watched him play football and basketball i think its going to be hard for him to pick the sport he wants to focus on. Do you really think Whitaker is going to play him at the running back position? I think he should, don't get me wrong he is the best back i have ever watched play the game in the mountains or anywhere for that fact in kentucky. I have heard Whitaker likes small back even though hunter would be if he gets the chance the best player ever to come out of the mountains. So that puts the question where will he land in high school and which sport he will pick?

Pretty big statement to say he is the best back ever to play in Kentucky.

He is a good athlete and probably will be pretty good at both sports. If you want to know where he is going to high school ask him or his parents they might let you know.
i know its a big statement kentuckynole but just saying he has the talent to be it if he works at it. have you ever watched this kid play in any of the two sports? Well from my sources kentuckynole people have tried asking him but he will never say anything about it.
Wildcatpride,
I can tell your a true Hunter Hall fan and so am I so I respect your opinion. I know Hunter well and yes I have watched him play both sports a lot. He's aggressive and physical but I still think his best sport is football, he's a natural and it comes much easier for him. I think he will be like most of the other good athletes in the mountains and play both sports when he goes to high school, just like his big brother and Logan and the rest and he do well in both of them. But and it's a big but because I've watched many other athletes in this area turn into average players because of their work ethic and getting sidetracked, he has the POTENTIAL to be as good as any athlete in the mountains but he has to continue to work hard to reach that level. The good lord gave him all of the tools needed to be great (good hands, great coordination, huge heart, athletic ability, and intelligence) and I hope he uses all of them to reach his goals.
I haven't seen this kid play but I hope he is good as you all say he is! But to be the best ever to come out of the state is a big statement at this age. I think the kid has a lot to prove considering you had a number 1 overall draft pick come out of Leslie County in Tim Couch and a NFL MVP come out of Newport, Covington area in Shaun Alexander. I'm sorry guys, but even if he has great talent and the ability to become that...its not going to happen unless he goes away from here. If the kid is that good, he needs to be in Louisville playing for Trinity.
yes lambert i am a big hunter fan since he dunked it and that last second td run a p-burg because i dont like p-burg.plus his great talent and he plays the game the way it should be played and i hope he does good but i kinda agree with bball_fan,i just dont think lcc is the school for him maybe another. to bball_fan you say he has to go out of the mountains to be good and u named off tim coach and he went to the nfl and he was from the mountains so this kid does not have to go to NO big city school
There is a true 7th grader at Owen County that is 6"3 210 dunking and playing varsity.
what is his name?
cheapseats Wrote:There is a true 7th grader at Owen County that is 6"3 210 dunking and playing varsity.

I think playing varsity as a 7th grader is more impressive than dunking. IMO. I know a lot of kids that can dunk but are not a very good basketball player.
Wildcatpride Wrote:i know its a big statement kentuckynole but just saying he has the talent to be it if he works at it. have you ever watched this kid play in any of the two sports? Well from my sources kentuckynole people have tried asking him but he will never say anything about it.

I have watched him play both sports and he is a much better football player than basketball player.
In basketball there are 4 kids on the team that are pretty good and IMO equal in talent. From what I have seen and also heard from other coaches that 2 out of the 4 has some attitude issues that need to be addressed before they reach their potential at the high school level.
Wildcatpride Wrote:what is his name?
Carson Williams.
In Middle School and dunking is a great feat!!!!
Simply means he can jump. Not many can at this age, but I would bet he's missed more free throws and layups than he has made dunks. Dunks are for fans. They count 2 points.
I never seen him try to dunk in a game and he contributes to his varsity team on both ends of the court as well as handling the ball.