Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 58 Pike Co Central 53 (15th Region Semi Finals)
Congrats on the victory SV.

You never say die, in sports and they had a nice comeback.

To my PC crew, I'm proud of everyone one of you guys.

You had a season with up's and down's but you finished strong and I'm very happy with your play this season.

Hobo McCoy you were such a pleasure to watch from a fan standpoint, you are going to be an outstanding basketball player in college and who knows maybe some pro ball in the future.

Work hard in the off-season and we'll try it again next year.
congrats s.v. good luck in the championship game.
Congrats SV! Brett I always knew you had it in you son! I for one miss ya up here son! Keep working hard tonight and you'll make it to Rupp bub! Good Luck tonight!

Now as for Coach Newsome. I have been listening to people up this way talk Coach Spurlock as 15th Region Coach of The Year.....NOT! If I had a vote it would go to Coach Newsome!!!! GREAT job Coach!! You have these boys believing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I would like to state one thing and this is swallowing alot for me. When Booher left and Newsome took over the reigns at Shelby Valley I never posted this on here but always thought it in the back of my mind. Truly I never thought Greg would make much of a high school coach. But, now after seeing this team progress under his leadership I must say HECK OF A JOB COACH. Time for me to get a nice helping of crow, his ability to allow his team to play through a rough early 3rd quarter stretch, adjust his defense and have faith in his team is truly amazing to me. I for one would have been attempting to change what ever I could when PC went up by 13. However, that is why I am in the stands and Greg is leading his team to the regional finals. Once again great job coach maybe the best in the region.
Despite a very difficult year and the fact they lost everyone from the Championship team one year ago, Shelby Valley is back in the championship game. Congrats! The 15th is very weak this year but at least SV proved once again that they can win a big game. Go win a couple more Cats!
WOW!!! I've only watched SV play in the tournament this year and these guys are just amazing. No superstar on the whole team, but they play excellent team ball, tough, gritty, and well coached. A big CONGRATS to you. I am one of many who didnt give you a chance, but have rooted for you the whole way as an underdog. Good luck in the championship game.
Tough loss Pike Central. It was exciting to watch Hobo in the tournament. Good luck at the next level.
The DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS are definitely defending their title.
(UNBELIEVABLE)
Greg has been a big part in the success at SV for years. He developed a lot of those players on the championship team last year. He has done AAU forever. He was a big help to Jason Booher on the bench. This has been a great year for him and this Sv team. All these coaches thought they were going to get some payback and it didn't happen. SV is loaded with young talent so they better enjoy competing with them while they can.
Its so sad,,, its like a Duke vs. UNC final game now,, shame either has to win!!!
I would like to congratulate the seniors at SV who have heard many doubting discussions comparing themselves with last years achievements (State Champions!).That must have been very tough to try and follow. I would also like to say the same about Coach Newsome and what he must have encountered this season. Good job! and Good Luck! :popcorn:

I know a lot of us would like to have a season like they had last year.
Maybe it will be Pikeville's turn to make history! Good luck to Coach Williams and staff as well. I guess we will see tonight which Pike County team will go to Rupp!!! :popcorn:
Congrats to the Wildcats...guess they were too much for the Hobo show :lmao:
Hobo, I hope everything goes the way you want after high school. You've worked hard and I have enjoyed watching you grow as a player and young man.
HORNET POWER Wrote:Congrats to the Wildcats...guess they were too much for the Hobo show :lmao:

You got to watch the Hobo show from the stands!Confusedhh:
Because you got put out first round of the district! lmao
But seriously, this kid is amazing. In the post season he had 41 vs. Belfry, 42 vs. SF, and 31 vs. SV.
If you really went by what player is MOST VALUABLE to their team, he had to be MVP of the region.
Congrats on a great season and good luck at Pikeville College next year young man! It was a pleasure watching you!
TOP-SPIN35 Wrote:You got to watch the Hobo show from the stands!Confusedhh:
Because you got put out first round of the district! lmao
But seriously, this kid is amazing. In the post season he had 41 vs. Belfry, 42 vs. SF, and 31 vs. SV.
If you really went by what player is MOST VALUABLE to their team, he had to be MVP of the region.
Congrats on a great season and good luck at Pikeville College next year young man! It was a pleasure watching you!

actually i didn't watch from the stands,been the last 4 years in a row since we beat PC those years,shows how weak the district has gotten though,I dont think hobo scored over 12 against Phelps or Belfry in those years.And if he's that great a player why is he going to Pikeville?
[quote=HORNET POWER]actually i didn't watch from the stands,been the last 4 years in a row since we beat PC those years,shows how weak the district has gotten though,I dont think hobo scored over 12 against Phelps or Belfry in those years.And if he's that great a player why is he going to Pikeville?[/QUOTE]

Why not? Pikeville College is ranked as one of the top teams currently and the past few years in the NAIA. Play in arguably the toughest conference in the NAIA, many teams from the Mid South play D-3 NCAA teams and some D-1 teams; such as Pikeville-UK and Miss St. U of Cumberlands. Gets to play with players such as Hankins-Cole and company. Pikeville College could play a close game with many mid major programs. On top of that he gets to play for one of the better coaches to ever coach Kentucky High School basketball in Kelly Wells who coached Mason to two state championship games, played at Morehead and coached Darius Miller. Not to mention he and Wells have built a great relationship over the past 3 years, and he is Well's type of player when looking at a shooting guard, I.E look at Samarco and Hicks. All in all its a great fit for Hobo he is not good enough to contribute all around at a D-1 school but is a prototype NAIA shooting guard.
HORNET POWER Wrote:actually i didn't watch from the stands,been the last 4 years in a row since we beat PC those years,shows how weak the district has gotten though,I dont think hobo scored over 12 against Phelps or Belfry in those years.And if he's that great a player why is he going to Pikeville?

:flushTongueIKEVILLE COLLEGE AND COACH WELLS SIGNED HOBO "BEFORE" HE EVER STEPPED ON THE FLOOR SR. SEASON..SO,THEY KNEW THE PLAYER HE WOULD BECOME THIS YEAR,LONG BEFOR EVERYONE ELSE DID!!
HOBO WILL GET HIS EDUCATION PAID FOR AND GET TO DO WHAT HE LOVES (BASKETBALL) WITH "ALL OF PIKE COUNTY" WATCHING HIM.PRETTY AMAZING!!
BTW........WHERE R U GOING TO COLLEGE???? IS IT PAID FOR???? WILL U GET TO PLAY BALL?????? OR JUST STAY IN PHELPS WORKING THE MINES OR PUMPING GAS????? JUST WONDERING.................
THIS COMMUNITY IS VERY PROUD OF HOBO,AS U SHOULD BE....BUT,I CAN SEE WHY U ARE ENVIOUS OF HIM.......SO SORRY THAT U COULD NOT MEET HIS STANDARDS,EVEN BEFORE THIS YEAR!!!!!:Cheerlead
fan_favorite Wrote::flushTongueIKEVILLE COLLEGE AND COACH WELLS SIGNED HOBO "BEFORE" HE EVER STEPPED ON THE FLOOR SR. SEASON..SO,THEY KNEW THE PLAYER HE WOULD BECOME THIS YEAR,LONG BEFOR EVERYONE ELSE DID!!
HOBO WILL GET HIS EDUCATION PAID FOR AND GET TO DO WHAT HE LOVES (BASKETBALL) WITH "ALL OF PIKE COUNTY" WATCHING HIM.PRETTY AMAZING!!
BTW........WHERE R U GOING TO COLLEGE???? IS IT PAID FOR???? WILL U GET TO PLAY BALL?????? OR JUST STAY IN PHELPS WORKING THE MINES OR PUMPING GAS????? JUST WONDERING.................
THIS COMMUNITY IS VERY PROUD OF HOBO,AS U SHOULD BE....BUT,I CAN SEE WHY U ARE ENVIOUS OF HIM.......SO SORRY THAT U COULD NOT MEET HIS STANDARDS,EVEN BEFORE THIS YEAR!!!!!:Cheerlead

not envious at all,I chose not to go to college,I enlisted in the U.S.Army shortly after graduating,where i excelled in many areas and have numerous awards,certificates and medals to prove it.I have been all over the world and seen and done things Hobo can only dream of.I'm a desert storm veteran and many overseas tours.I chose to come back to Pike co cause i wanted too,so before you go bad mouthing miners,Phelps or Pike co.make sure you know what your talking about. :dontthink
HORNET POWER Wrote:not envious at all,I chose not to go to college,I enlisted in the U.S.Army shortly after graduating,where i excelled in many areas and have numerous awards,certificates and medals to prove it.I have been all over the world and seen and done things Hobo can only dream of.I'm a desert storm veteran and many overseas tours.I chose to come back to Pike co cause i wanted too,so before you go bad mouthing miners,Phelps or Pike co.make sure you know what your talking about. :dontthink
Your a vet? Thank you that we can do this