Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA - Pike Central Penalties
Jon419 Wrote:You misunderstand me, or maybe I misspoke.

I would never want to "Take" Football away from a kid. Everyone who goes to public school deserves a right to play the game if they want.

However, stay at your school to do it.

You say no child should have football taken from them, then let me ask you this... Doesnt recruiting "take" football, or at the very least that starting spot from the kid that would have played had the recruited player not been there. The kid it hurts is the kid who has played in Pike County his whole school career, only to have his position taken away by someone who was recruited to do so.

The fact of the matter is that the child in question would have never have been the quarterback.....Nothing pesonal against the child but the position was never his to begin with. Wake up!
^ Yes someone would have been quarterback if the recruited kid hadn't been there.
correct me if i am wrong but did the Tacket kid not start a qb for the freshman team and the jv team his freshman year. I also believe he played his junior high career as qb.
FBALL Wrote:Cheat, get caught, get a slap on the wrist. The KHSAA has no marbles.

cheat,get caught ,pick your own punishment ,now that's a good one,should be suspended from post season play for 1 year as well,and if they were ineligible for football ,then they were for bball and baseball as well
They were eligible for Baseball & Basketball PER KHSAA because this was over with by that point. The wins were taken away & made to count for the year's probation. This has been over with for a long time but for some reason KHSAA just now decided to make this public. They wanted everything to die down apparently just so they could "STIR the POT". Sick of hearing about this. These kids have been through enough. In reference to earlier posts regarding the Tackett kid being the Freshman/JV QB ~ They were training Johnson to be the Varsity QB last year & there were NEVER any intentions for Tackett because he didn't have the arm or speed.
Unregistered Wrote:This has been over with for a long time but for some reason KHSAA just now decided to make this public. They wanted everything to die down apparently just so they could "STIR the POT". Sick of hearing about this. These kids have been through enough.

If "This has been over with for a long time", hoiw come no one knew? When was it in the ANE or the ML? When were the records changed
My guesses ae never and never. Maybe if PCC had released the info back when it was over, it would've died down by now. Or maybe all that stuff has to come from the home office??

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ke.../?id=32522
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I can agree with that as way too many times the school will get punished and the players will get declared ineligible while the coaches life goes on at a different job. I do agree that if Pike Central is guilty they should be punished. I do think that in many cases the powers that be turn a blind eye to other schools involved in similar circumstances. You can say what you want but I believe that "politics" plays a big role in who gets the hammer and who gets a free pass.

An interesting perspective from a fan of a school that just happens to have a very influential member on the Board of Controls of the KHSAA right now, who just this past year had enough influence to allow their school to remain in the 5A classification, where they clearly should not have been. And then having the influential power to deny another local football program to not be allowed to compete in the classification that their true enrollment figures mandate just so they would not have to compete against them.

Yeah, you are exactly right!!! The KHSAA is a joke and is politically motivated from all angles. Looks good for your team though, as Letcher Central should be in the driver's seat for awhile, while they have the "BIG HAMMER" in their hands right now. The way it's currently set up, it should be a breeze for nothing more than just very above average LCC teams to advance deep into the post season 5A playoffs. You all did well. Talk about hypocricy on your part though, to even remotely bring up the subject of KHSAA crookedness!!!
Im intersted to see how Chapman will handle the suspension. He quit on our kids at Pikeville over a 1 game suspension handed out to him by the school over an incident that could very well have landed him in jail for assault (Not that it was that severe but if you know the story then you know what I mean). I hope for the PC players sake hes grown up some since then. Well see. The big thing PC fans have to be concerned with now is that every move Chapman and the football program does will be a little more scrutinized than before. Not just from without (KHSAA) but from within as well (Prinicpal, AD, ETC.) Who dont want another "Black Eye". All eyes are on them now.
VHSL-helper Wrote:If "This has been over with for a long time", hoiw come no one knew? When was it in the ANE or the ML? When were the records changed
My guesses ae never and never. Maybe if PCC had released the info back when it was over, it would've died down by now. Or maybe all that stuff has to come from the home office??

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ke.../?id=32522

The families involved and most of the Pike Central fans knew this was over long ago. Not sure when the records were changed honestly. KHSAA came out with the article not PCC, so you would have to ask them why it is just now coming out, when Pike Central has known about it for a while.