Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officials in the 15th, PLEASE READ!
"bubba gump" Wrote:Once again, everyone want's to know what their talking about. The 15 is going to switch with the 13 region this year.
if you read my earlier post i corrected myself about Ancy and as far as the officials you might be right but i am going on what Wendal Wallen told me he said he thought the 14th but i am sorry to waste your time responding to my mistakes if you get carpal tunnel from the typing send me the bill
Do any of you really think that this thread is going to change the ref or the job that they do in any region....let alone the 15th? I think not..

And as for the guy who was dissy Sam Smith as a ref. If you haven't seen him ref a good game this season then you haven't seen him ref at all. He is the most impartial ref out there....
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Do any of you really think that this thread is going to change the ref or the job that they do in any region....let alone the 15th? I think not..

And as for the guy who was dissy Sam Smith as a ref. If you haven't seen him ref a good game this season then you haven't seen him ref at all. He is the most impartial ref out there....

You must be from the Pike County area!
Most refs in the 15th are horrible..I've seen very few good called games this year.
"corndog23" Wrote:you a paintsville fan???:flame:

I root for a lot of teams in the 15th:

Magoffin County
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Betsy Layne
Prestonsburg
Belfry

Very few people in threads like this show enough knowlege of the referee's job to take any of the criticism seriously.
"bubba gump" Wrote:You must be from the Pike County area!

Sam Smith is one of the finest officials in the state. He's also an outstanding human being.
"jchsrulz" Wrote:The biggest problem I have with the officials in the 15th is that they spend to much time explaining to the coaches. They are going to make mistakes, that's human nature. But if I am not mistaken, they are trained to call games with blinders on. Meaning watch what goes on between the lines not the antics that the coaches and fans are doing.:ref2:

Other than a week long camp in the summer, I don't know of any training for officials. I do know they have an annual rules clinic where they get a lecture from someone from the KHSAA. A long time ago, the state told our officials to let the kids play more. The problem with that is that all officials now have to make a judgment call on a foul they see as to whether to call it. It drives me nuts when the officials are told to call hand checks more closely and let them mix it up in the paint. It makes it very difficult to call the games. What we see as a foul may or may not be one based on what the officials have been told by the state. The days of "Call it the way you see it" left the game long ago.
"oldcoach" Wrote:Other than a week long camp in the summer, I don't know of any training for officials. I do know they have an annual rules clinic where they get a lecture from someone from the KHSAA. A long time ago, the state told our officials to let the kids play more. The problem with that is that all officials now have to make a judgment call on a foul they see as to whether to call it. It drives me nuts when the officials are told to call hand checks more closely and let them mix it up in the paint. It makes it very difficult to call the games. What we see as a foul may or may not be one based on what the officials have been told by the state. The days of "Call it the way you see it" left the game long ago.

Very insightful comment!

I'd love it if there were no such thing as "let 'em play" or "call it tight". I wish the refs would simply call every foul or violation they see.
one big problem i am having with refs this year is theire involvement with the fans. i feel like a good ref will not listen to the fans in the stands no matter how out of control they are. if they talk to the fans or have an officer or someone else talk to the fans it tells me they are letting it get to them. they need to stay focused on the game and not let fans get to them. the only time there should be anything said to a fan by a ref or someone else should be if the fans a are cursing or if they are throwing items on to the floor. other then that leave em alone!!
you got to admit that we have a above average group of refs. The problem is there has not be any new guys/gals come along in about 6 years. In another 5 years then we will be hurting for refs. The schools better be proactive and pay these guys more than 45 bucks
Any where u go there is gonna be bad calls in games ive seen this year the refs do a good job ...can u blame then 4 not liking sf they play out of control sometimes....if u want good refs then fans players and coaches should respect them.
Homer Simpson said the best
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:Any where u go there is gonna be bad calls in games ive seen this year the refs do a good job ...can u blame then 4 not liking sf they play out of control sometimes....if u want good refs then fans players and coaches should respect them.

Yea there is going to be bad calls anywere you go. But come on I have seen all year no matter were LC has play home or away, they get called for the charge on their end and go back down and take a charge and nothing is called, thats the type of crap I am tired of seeing, if your going to call one way call the same for both. For example the game against the cards at home, Thompson got called for two charges in less than a min into the game and as soon as he went out Copley took two charges were they just flat ran over him and nothing was called, matter of fact we took about 6 others that night and nothing called, matter of fact they never called another charge all night.
"You Betcha" Wrote:Sam Smith is one of the finest officials in the state. He's also an outstanding human being.

He definately doesn't show favortism, hell him and my uncle are good friends and he never gave me anything, lol. Sam is one of the few I like, I have questioned him a couple times this year, but other than that, he is probably one more consistent refs in this region.
"Batpuff" Wrote:Yea there is going to be bad calls anywere you go. But come on I have seen all year no matter were LC has play home or away, they get called for the charge on their end and go back down and take a charge and nothing is called, thats the type of crap I am tired of seeing, if your going to call one way call the same for both. For example the game against the cards at home, Thompson got called for two charges in less than a min into the game and as soon as he went out Copley took two charges were they just flat ran over him and nothing was called, matter of fact we took about 6 others that night and nothing called, matter of fact they never called another charge all night.

I agree with you here 100% ith should be 50/50 but its not and probally never will be .......... but i hate it when this happens to players ..... all im saying is refs need some respect
"HomeGrown" Wrote:This thread shows just how little fams know. Ancie Casey has not had anything to do with the refs for the last three years. Its not even worth my time to say anymore.

:omg: This thread wasn't named the ancie casey thread and i didnt realize that all fans should know who determines the refs Rolleyes

Back to the thread issue...I agree completely!! Everybody has talked about this all year! And its not just certain teams..the refs just stink this year! I dont know what the deal is. I have seen games where they need their helmets and shoulder pads and ive seen games where if the kids breath wrong a foul is called! These kids dont ever know what to do. Ive seen sooooo many missed calls and ridiculas calls made on both sides of the floor....dont know whats up this year :yesno:
"bubba gump" Wrote:You must be from the Pike County area!

Actually no I'm not. Smile
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Do any of you really think that this thread is going to change the ref or the job that they do in any region....let alone the 15th? I think not..

Ive got to agree on this one.Sams a good ref and a friend of mine and i know he wouldnt do anyone wrong intentionally.
"R Morris" Wrote:Ive got to agree on this one.Sams a good ref and a friend of mine and i know he wouldnt do anyone wrong intentionally.

I met Sam years ago when I attended Pikeville College and from what I remember of him then and what I have seen from him in the games he has reffed...I have to agree. He wouldn't intentionally do anyone wrong. He is fair and impartial. Wish we had more refs like him in the region.
The 15th is getting terrable!
"WILDMAN#14" Wrote:all refs in the 15th hate sf thats all i have to say
Hate is a pretty strong word. I know its not only the refs in the 15th that doesn't like South Floyd heck most of the people in the 15th do not like them.
Hey all I can say is you all better watch out!!! Cause with out the refs where would a game be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ref2: They take more heat than the players or the coaches.....
I never said he was unfair or played foavorites. I just said I didn't think he was very good.Nothin against him personally. Just how i feel bout every ref i have seen in the 15th.
"gettheball" Wrote:Hey all I can say is you all better watch out!!! Cause with out the refs where would a game be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ref2: They take more heat than the players or the coaches.....

youre gonna take heat whenever you SUCK SO BAD at your job
[QUOTE]all refs in the 15th hate sf thats all i have to say

That is a crazy statement. I know a few 15th region officials well that have called South Floyd games, that constantly brag on what a good team they could be.
Every ref makes a bad call once and a while but lets face it there are some really bad refs in the 15th...If i had to pick a 3 man crew it would be the Hall brothers and Mike Walker,they are fare and they are in control of the game....No dought they are the best...They may not be in the 15th but they are the best three i've seen.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:I met Sam years ago when I attended Pikeville College and from what I remember of him then and what I have seen from him in the games he has reffed...I have to agree. He wouldn't intentionally do anyone wrong. He is fair and impartial. Wish we had more refs like him in the region.

Sammy is the one of the worst refs i've ever seen...He couldn't call an elementary school game right.Booooooooooooo:boo:
Todd Duff is funny and not Ha Ha either.. I saw him up at his moms house in prater fork this past summer well i think thats his mom and he was laying out in a bikini and another man was rubbing his back...and this is the truth me and one of my buddies saw him...Your a sick man Todd you little f**
The last game I watched while home made me miss Hurley and Conn.

As many times as I cursed those two men in the 1990s, at least they were consistent.