Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt 38 - Kentucky 8
Final
Out-coached, out-played, out-hearted.....

How does a running back drag an entire 'SEC' defense 7 yards into the endzone?
UK plays football in the SEC, but they certainly don't deserve to be apart of this conference in football. Vandy shouldn't beat us or anybody by freaking 30.
But if we beat Tennessee the season is salvaged and that would be better than any bowl game.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Out-coached, out-played, out-hearted.....

How does a running back drag an entire 'SEC' defense 7 yards into the endzone?

Kentucky should move to the Big East lol
We are absolutely pathetic! Unacceptable, Vandy beats us by 30? We had 45 total yards in the 1st half.
I thought Max Smith was the answer at QB. He couldn't hit the ocean from the beach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I thought Max Smith was the answer at QB. He couldn't hit the ocean from the beach.

Just isn't our year!
Joker looked like a defeated man out there. Every penalty they would show a shot of him, and he just looked like had had no answer!
Jarons Wrote:I thought Max Smith was the answer at QB. He couldn't hit the ocean from the beach.

lol
You guys on here are such bandwagon fans!!!!
UK just ne........

Nevermind. Waste of time. Laughable effort.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Smith still looked better than Newton would have. Newton might have scrambled a little more, but Smith, sadly, still looks better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol, i cant wait to here how were "still a good team" after this one.

As ive said before (and might even put as my sig" ....

UK sucks ass.

Im so glad the basketball team is playing...
OUCHHHHHH! UK took a beating. Its defiantly safe to say they UK is Horrible in football this year. Period.:Shaking:

I LOST AN AVATAR BET
Down year gentleman. This game goes to prove the improvement on offense had nothing to do with Smith. I was definitely wrong on that one. we are just too young this year. This is a bad year yes but there is no reason to give up on a program because of a bad year.

And yes if we beat Tennessee it was all worth it.
I hope that "improvement" involves firing Joker.
Because unless you havent notices, were gonna be stuck with either Newton or Smith again next year at QB if Joker is still running the show. Plus the fact that we might lose more games next year than we did this year.
I seen a facebook page today that was titled, "Fire Joker, Hire Mike Leach" LOL, worse part is almost 500 people had "liked" it.
I was disappionted in Rick Minter's defensive game plan. Vandy's RB Zac Stacy came into today's game with a 6.9 per carry rushing average and I expected Minter to design a game-plan that would stuff Vandy's running. A key play was the 3rd and long Vandy converted in the 1st half deep on their own end of the field, on a running play (MUMME FLASHBACK). Jordan Rodgers came into today's game with a 106.6 yards per game passing average with 5 TD's to 5 INT's. Vandy kept catching UK in 3-man fronts it was like Minter thought he was defending Arron Rodgers. I am not confident that Minter's Defensive approach is going to work in the SEC. It seems Minter's approach is suited to stop teama like BYU or Texas tech. It's the SEC Minter and teams will line up and run over your fast little Defense! You can have every fancy blitz package and and all these creative ways to pressure the QB and it don't mean shit when the other team lines up and hits you in the mouth and run over your ass.
I'm glad I didn't get to watch this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Down year gentleman. This game goes to prove the improvement on offense had nothing to do with Smith. I was definitely wrong on that one. we are just too young this year. This is a bad year yes but there is no reason to give up on a program because of a bad year.

And yes if we beat Tennessee it was all worth it.

Smith didn't beat UK today as a matter of fact he had a decent game. He threw for 1 TD and had 0 INT'S and he didn't fumble. He was sacked 4 times and under constant pressure. UK's O-line got whippied today. I thought the kid showed heart today. He did have trouble in the 1st half throwing in the winding conditions. We saw today the 2yd pass on 3rd and 5 a few times. Play calling is not Smith's fault either. I figure Joker has the rest of this year and next before he gets the axe. I am going to support UK football but I just don't think Joker and his staff are good enough coachs to get the job done at UK. When Joker gets fired and looks back at the mistakes he made the firing of Jimmy Heggins is the BIGGEST. The old sayin is "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT"! Mike Summers is not getting the job done!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Smith didn't beat UK today as a matter of fact he had a decent game. He threw for 1 TD and had 0 INT'S and he didn't fumble. He was sacked 4 times and under constant pressure. UK's O-line got whippied today. I thought the kid showed heart today. He did have trouble in the 1st half throwing in the winding conditions. We saw today the 2yd pass on 3rd and 5 a few times. Play calling is not Smith's fault either. I figure Joker has the rest of this year and next before he gets the axe. I am going to support UK football but I just don't think Joker and his staff are good enough coachs to get the job done at UK. When Joker gets fired and looks back at the mistakes he made the firing of Jimmy Heggins is the BIGGEST. The old sayin is "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT"! Mike Summers is not getting the job done!

Joker was a completely lost soul today. You watched him on the sidelines and you could tell he was in over his head. I'd be surprised to see him back next season.
Stardust Wrote:Joker was a completely lost soul today. You watched him on the sidelines and you could tell he was in over his head. I'd be surprised to see him back next season.

I'd be surprised to see quite a few of that staff back next season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ I think its possible that the Cats promote Rick Minter to the head coach position. I lived through his tenure at UC, so I am definitely not in favor of it, but I wonder if that is why they brought him in to UK?
^
Good question
Stardust Wrote:Joker was a completely lost soul today. You watched him on the sidelines and you could tell he was in over his head. I'd be surprised to see him back next season.
Joker reminds me of Bugs Bunny you know when the leak pops open and he plugs it with his hand then another pops open and another and another. The kicking game had been pretty sound all year long then today the bad snap on the punt gave Vandy a easy 7 and set the tone for todays game. The problems I see at UK are #1 too small at LB for the SEC. Teams in the SEC like to play Power Football. They will run over you. #2 UK doesn't have a real TE. In my mind a TE is 6'6" guy who is over 250lbs who can block and catch. #3 UK needs a bigger stronger Fullback, LSU plays a former D-linemen at Fullback. John Connor has never been replaced. #4 UK lacks speed at WR. Cobb ran 4.4 at the NFL combine plus he played fast. This group of WR's is tall but not very fast. I would like to see UK sign more Craig Yeast types who can really burn. I think UK has found a QB in Smith and when you add Towles in for next year that postion lots solid for the future. With the style of offense that UK plays I would like to see them recruit to build more athletic Offensive lines. UK has a bunch of 300lb guys on this unit but thats not worth a heal of beans if they can't move. I think what has happened to this group of guys is they worked all off season to get bigger and stronger but in the process they got slower and less athletic. I will take a 285lb guy who is mean and Athletic over a soft 320lb one anyday. The biggest problem I see with this years UK team is they don't have a leader like a Cobb on Offense. A leader and go-to-guy who can makes plays.
This game is more proof of 2 things IMO

1. Ky is ridiculously PITIFUL
2. Ole Miss is much worse than ridiculously PITIFUL

Also, IMO I believe Ky will be in the same condition next year at this time that Ole Miss is in right now! Playing ridiculously horrible football and showing their coach (Joker) the door!
The Cats are worse than the struggling Buckeyes.