Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW - Why????? GTFO!!!
Every year we see this in girls basketball, and we will always see it, but WOW!!!

Letcher Co. Central 85 Jackson City 31

Gallatin Co. 74 Spencer 26
Fleming Co. 73 Bath Co. 25

[SIZE="3"]Male 58 Atherton 19
Monroe Co. 64 Metcalfe Co. 19
Lone Oak 78 Fulton City 19
Seneca 58 Shawnee 18
Collins 51 Shelby Co. 18[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Henry Co. 61 Eminence 13
Webster Co. 80 Dawson Springs 12[/SIZE]

[B]Breckinridge Co. 69 Frederick Fraize 4
[/B]
Wow. These scores are crazy.
One of two things is happening here.....People are intentionally running up the scores...or the other teams are just that bad. I say SUBSTITUTE when it is clear there is no chance of losing.:igiveup:
Sad. Notice the teams that are winning these games are not the State title contenders..... Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Basketball Wall Wrote:One of two things is happening here.....People are intentionally running up the scores...or the other teams are just that bad. I say SUBSTITUTE when it is clear there is no chance of losing.:igiveup:

Thats fair, and I'd say that its likely some of that is happening. I'd also say that this is scheduling teams that have no business making or accepting these types of games. There are coaches that want that easy win so that their team gets confidence, and they get teams on their schedule that has no business playing that level of competition. Then you have teams that get into tournaments that have no business being in them, and you get these kind of results.

No matter what, there is very little that gets accomplished for either team in these types of games
WOW is 110% correct.
If that Breckinridge score were a 3 or a 6 or a 0, it would look like a Highlands football score.
Eh, it happens.
I say put up as many as you can.
LWC Wrote:Sad. Notice the teams that are winning these games are not the State title contenders..... Confusedhh:
Monroe County and Letcher Central are both capable of getting to the state.
Letcher Central's starters played a total of 7 minutes last night. It was their first game. It was played on Jackson's home court and was a replacement game.
^Let me educate you, getting to state and WINNING state are 2 very different things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^Let me educate you, getting to state and WINNING state are 2 very different things.
Don't need your educational literature. I am very well educated on the two.
Stardust Wrote:Thats fair, and I'd say that its likely some of that is happening. I'd also say that this is scheduling teams that have no business making or accepting these types of games. There are coaches that want that easy win so that their team gets confidence, and they get teams on their schedule that has no business playing that level of competition. Then you have teams that get into tournaments that have no business being in them, and you get these kind of results.

No matter what, there is very little that gets accomplished for either team in these types of games

Collins and Shelby County and Henry County and Eminence are in the same district, so they have to play. I know in the case of the Collins/Shelby game, almost none of the starters played in the second half for Collins. They definitely had no intentions of running up the score or embarrassing them.
Give it time, the Pikeville haters will wade over here and claim it's our fault somehow. :biggrin:
Fleming County and Bath County and Breckinridge County and Frederick Fraize are also in the same district so they have to play each other.
Sounds like a few posters giving their opinions may not know what they are talking about. Each game is different and there are different reasons why they were scheduled. Do not pass judgement when you did not attend the game and have no knowledge of what the coach may or may not have done.
Blowouts happen in sports, a coach once told me, "If you're involved in the game long enough, you'll end up on one end of a blowout or another more than once."
This early in the year, you can't blame a coach for working on certain things to get ready for district play. Starters have to get in playing shape so it hurts them to only play a couple of minutes. When subs are put in, it's hard to tell them not to score after they run the offense, these kids practice just like the starters and when they finally get their chances, they want to show what they can do. Most of these teams are just that weak and just needed people to play to have games, so this is what happens. Don't bad mouth teams because they just did what they practiced to do. If your team is that bad and your going to complain about getting one handed to you, don't schedule it then. Teams can't play the top 20 teams in the state all of the time, you have to have some games to get you ready for those teams and this is what happens. It's all part of basketball, you either practice and get better or don't play. College teams do it all the time, they schedule all their cupcakes early to get ready for a tough schedule later, no one ever says anything about it to them, the road teams all know they are going to get drilled, but they come anyways.
Owen county beat Williamstown 78-18