Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Rankings - 1/16/12
and I'm glad everyone is going on about Justice and Davis vs Braxton and Jaysean

It will make it more interesting when Dalton hangs about 25 in the paint against KCC without breaking a sweat.
kcc an pcc is deff the top 2 teams in the 14th! lcc just needs a new coach!
^guaranteed Knott holds Cornett in check.
stlcards fan thinks paige cant beat kcc by himself....wats kcc gonna do then because justice cant beat pcc by himself.
^ hes good but come on, an i like how the kid plays alot!
ok after reading all of this i just feel like smacking someone. perry is better than knott, just sink that in because they are and everyone else should take notice to that, and anyone that doesnt has to be a knott fan that only cares about their team which there is nothing wrong with that. ok now perry has a record of 16-4 and knott has a record of 18-2. Who is the weakest team PCC has played this year, the australian travel team? Knott has played Corida twice, Jenkins, and Phelps? who cares if knott plays more region/district games because other than a few teams what good is there to brag about in the statement? o yea i play jenkins twice, im sure getting myself for tournament time this year is what knott fans are saying when they say they play more region teams. while perry plays less region teams, they are actually playing better competition so whats it matter if they arent region teams. id rather play 2 good teams from another region than 2 crappy ones from your own. the only comparable game that makes them even look close is kcc beats hc in lexington by 5 and perry beats them at home by 6 (which im almost postivive hc hit a few threes at the end to make this look closer, it was more like a 10+ point win). perry went to letcher and just dominated them on the home court, while knott squeezed out a win against them at home by 6. and yes perry and knott are both different teams this year. perry gained more in the off season than knott did though, paige>justice. perry is the defending regional champs and they are a better team than they were last year. and if you people think knott are gonna make a serious effort to stop cornett in the post, then thats gonna make the game so much easier for jaysean and braxton. kcc tried to make sure dillon didnt beat them in the region last yr, well they didnt let him but they let a 7th grade braxton beverly do whatever he felt like and they lost. so if they want to stop the inside game its fine, just makes it easier for our perimeter players. if they wanna stop our perimeter players then yes dalton is going to eat them alive because no one on knotts team can guard him, dont care what anyone else says because u will be wrong. expect to see some triangle and two on either justice and davis or justice and adams. perry is a better defensive team than knott too. dont get me wrong, knott is capable of beating perry, but to say they are a better team is just nonsense until they prove it. theres ur opinion on way perry is a better team. and lets not forget, look at the role players. combs and huff are so capable of dropping a 12+ point game without u even noticing it. perry has more weapons, better defense, best player in the region, and one of the best coaches in the state. please someone tell me how u could argue against them.
wood_chuck Wrote:ok after reading all of this i just feel like smacking someone. perry is better than knott, just sink that in because they are and everyone else should take notice to that, and anyone that doesnt has to be a knott fan that only cares about their team which there is nothing wrong with that. ok now perry has a record of 16-4 and knott has a record of 18-2. Who is the weakest team PCC has played this year, the australian travel team? Knott has played Corida twice, Jenkins, and Phelps? who cares if knott plays more region/district games because other than a few teams what good is there to brag about in the statement? o yea i play jenkins twice, im sure getting myself for tournament time this year is what knott fans are saying when they say they play more region teams. while perry plays less region teams, they are actually playing better competition so whats it matter if they arent region teams. id rather play 2 good teams from another region than 2 crappy ones from your own. the only comparable game that makes them even look close is kcc beats hc in lexington by 5 and perry beats them at home by 6 (which im almost postivive hc hit a few threes at the end to make this look closer, it was more like a 10+ point win). perry went to letcher and just dominated them on the home court, while knott squeezed out a win against them at home by 6. and yes perry and knott are both different teams this year. perry gained more in the off season than knott did though, paige>justice. perry is the defending regional champs and they are a better team than they were last year. and if you people think knott are gonna make a serious effort to stop cornett in the post, then thats gonna make the game so much easier for jaysean and braxton. kcc tried to make sure dillon didnt beat them in the region last yr, well they didnt let him but they let a 7th grade braxton beverly do whatever he felt like and they lost. so if they want to stop the inside game its fine, just makes it easier for our perimeter players. if they wanna stop our perimeter players then yes dalton is going to eat them alive because no one on knotts team can guard him, dont care what anyone else says because u will be wrong. expect to see some triangle and two on either justice and davis or justice and adams. perry is a better defensive team than knott too. dont get me wrong, knott is capable of beating perry, but to say they are a better team is just nonsense until they prove it. theres ur opinion on way perry is a better team. and lets not forget, look at the role players. combs and huff are so capable of dropping a 12+ point game without u even noticing it. perry has more weapons, better defense, best player in the region, and one of the best coaches in the state. please someone tell me how u could argue against them.

Perry has played some pretty weak teams this year as well, ie team records:
Mercer County 6-15
Whitley Co. 3-17
South Laurel 7-14
Macon Co. Tennessee and Osceola, Florida were both 30 point wins, I venture to say those teams were not elite competition. And Australian Travel team are just happy to be here, not much of a basketball team.
Scott County beat them by 10 points at Perry Central, anywhere else in the state and Scott County probably wins by 20+...We all know about playing Perry at Perry!!
A lot of people keep saying Perry has played a tough schedule but I'm just not impressed by it at all.
And to say Paige>Justice, give me the rising star freshman over the one hit wonder senior.. Perry better be on the recruiting trail again after this year because Knott's freshman class will be something special to watch in the 14th region..
CuJo Wrote:Perry has played some pretty weak teams this year as well, ie team records:
Mercer County 6-15
Whitley Co. 3-17
South Laurel 7-14
Macon Co. Tennessee and Osceola, Florida were both 30 point wins, I venture to say those teams were not elite competition. And Australian Travel team are just happy to be here, not much of a basketball team.
Scott County beat them by 10 points at Perry Central, anywhere else in the state and Scott County probably wins by 20+...We all know about playing Perry at Perry!!
A lot of people keep saying Perry has played a tough schedule but I'm just not impressed by it at all.
And to say Paige>Justice, give me the rising star freshman over the one hit wonder senior.. Perry better be on the recruiting trail again after this year because Knott's freshman class will be something special to watch in the 14th region..

them teams are still better than jenkins/cordia...i mean did u watch the game at perry with them and scott playing? the game wasnt called bad but perry did get more calls but not near as much as what scott would have got at their place, it woulda been down to the wire if dalton hadnt played such a bad game...jaysean showed that he was better than anyone on the court, no one could stop him...and we are talking about this year, not upcoming years...so anyone who would rather have justice over paige for this one year, is STUPID...u couldnt prove to me a good enough reason to pick justice for this one year over paige...let me see top 5 senior in the state to idk if jusctice is a top 5 freshman or not

and perrys biggest loss is that 10 point loss to scott...knott got blown out against an out of state team 30+
Omg. Don't knock Knott for actually playing their district games like everyone else has to unlike district 54, who should grow up and do the same. And I promise Knott has an answer for Cornett. And saying Knott's role players can't get 12+ is dumb too. Just like Perry, Knotts haven't had too. Hall, Cornett and Adams have all had double digit scoring nights. Not 100% on Christon tbh. However, Perry's win at Mont. Co. Was impressive but still their schedules are very close. Knotts knock is that they have played most upper tier and lower tier not many middle tier teams. However, they do play their district games and scheduled every top tier 14th team at least once. In fact, they play Hazard, Buckhorn, Letcher and Breathitt twice. Only knock is Hazard will be both times at home. So Knott has made their schedule pretty tough considering they played teams they have to play. And with extra region games scheduled tough opponents.
14th region is open to anyone..
If you're not impressed with Perrys schedule then I'd hate to hear what you honestly think about Knotts(if you could be unbiased, which you cannot).
It's going to be a good game. IMO Perry is slightly better, but Knott has the huge home court advantage. We'll see.
Will have new ranking thread up tomorrow morning!

Could Perry over take #1 spot???

Could Buckhorn over take perry or Knott for #2????

#ThingsToThinkAboutTonight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Syracuse
Aslan- I said there schedules were close in difficulty. People act like Perry's is way better, untrue.
ekff- Sorry for spamming your thread with so much hate, but if you drop Knott below Buckhorn you are insane. Still don't see how you come up with these and this is my last post on your threads
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Omg. Don't knock Knott for actually playing their district games like everyone else has to unlike district 54, who should grow up and do the same. And I promise Knott has an answer for Cornett. And saying Knott's role players can't get 12+ is dumb too. Just like Perry, Knotts haven't had too. Hall, Cornett and Adams have all had double digit scoring nights. Not 100% on Christon tbh. However, Perry's win at Mont. Co. Was impressive but still their schedules are very close. Knotts knock is that they have played most upper tier and lower tier not many middle tier teams. However, they do play their district games and scheduled every top tier 14th team at least once. In fact, they play Hazard, Buckhorn, Letcher and Breathitt twice. Only knock is Hazard will be both times at home. So Knott has made their schedule pretty tough considering they played teams they have to play. And with extra region games scheduled tough opponents.

its not perrys fault that buckhorn and leslie wont grow a set and decide to seed the tournament. why play ur disctrict games if they dont mean anything towards the tournament? and okay u promise knott has an answer for cornett (just like they did last year with the elder cornett), but u have yet to answer if they stop cornett how are they going to contain beverly and paige? they cant, its that simple...and im sry, but not one of knotts role players would start on perrys team over their role players. id take huff and combs over any of knotts role players. and ok knott plays those upper 14th region teams wow, perry has already went to letcher and breathitt to show that they are in a different league than them. so no reason to brag about knott playing them.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Aslan- I said there schedules were close in difficulty. People act like Perry's is way better, untrue.
ekff- Sorry for spamming your thread with so much hate, but if you drop Knott below Buckhorn you are insane. Still don't see how you come up with these and this is my last post on your threads

Thats why we make threads so people can get their opinion out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
id say ekff is sure glad to hear that because ur post are always foolishness. the way you go on you act like kcc could be uk and that justice and davis are better than gilchrist and a. davis. justice is a fantastic player no doubt. i personally think davis is badly badly overrated. paige is the best player in the region imo. and beverly is phenomenal for an 8th grader. cornett will be hard to contain for kcc judging by what the kid from lcc did to them. should be an interesting game. im picking pcc by 6.
^ I think you'll like this weeks rankings
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]