Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 74 - Knott County Central 64
Who honestly didn't expect Denny to pull some upsets like that this year?

This is when teams start playing their best basketball and the teams that just winning with talent to start the year are forced to play defense and team basketball to win games.

Look at what Letcher County almost pulled on Perry last year in the first round of Region.
We are in for some good basketball!
zaga_fan Wrote:Who honestly didn't expect Denny to pull some upsets like that this year?

This is when teams start playing their best basketball and the teams that just winning with talent to start the year are forced to play defense and team basketball to win games.

Look at what Letcher County almost pulled on Perry last year in the first round of Region.
We are in for some good basketball!

Letcher played PCC in the second of the region last year. If Hammonds hadn't decide to put the game in the deep freeze so early Letcher would have likely won. They were up 4 points with a couple minutes in the game and Beverly on the bench having fouled out.
A lot different when you leave the friendly confines of Morton Combs Athletic Complex. Congrats to the Bobcats for a big win. Going to be a very interesting draw for the 14th regional tourney. Hoping Perry/Knott draw in same bracket, so we can see which underdog will make it to the finals, Breathitt,Letcher,Hazard, ???, should be fun. One more week to go until madness.
Denny is the best defensive coach in this region. The man knows how to set a game plan up. Personally playing for the man, even though it was just one year, I learned so much from him. Had a chance to go but didn't. I never left the radio though. Congrats Bobcats and Coach Fugate!!!!!

Denny Fugate IMO has to be COY....just saying.
D1Recruiter Wrote:A lot different when you leave the friendly confines of Morton Combs Athletic Complex. Congrats to the Bobcats for a big win. Going to be a very interesting draw for the 14th regional tourney. Hoping Perry/Knott draw in same bracket, so we can see which underdog will make it to the finals, Breathitt,Letcher,Hazard, ???, should be fun. One more week to go until madness.

I am hoping for the same, I'd love to see that semi-final match-up.
I personally hope Perry and Knott draw opposite brackets.. honestly either could be knocked off by an underdog in the first game/semis depending on the draw... but I think the two best teams (in my opinion) should be playing in the championship game. It would be an amazing enviornment!!

Denny Fugate definitely coach of the year

Knott Central could have easily been beaten the last two years out of the tourney before the championship game and Perry came very close last year in the semis.

There is nothing better than Mountain basketball in late Feb./March!
Way to go Breathitt! Nice win!!:Cheerlead