Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer: Henry County senior Paynter signs with Cumberlands
he senior soccer player became the first female player from the school to sign a letter of intent to play college soccer when she signed with the University of the Cumberlands.

She was joined in the high school library with family, friends and former coaches to share in the momentous occasion. Paynter’s parents, Leesa and Skip, observed the signing, along with her former coaches, Shannon Snider and Charlie Pait.

Cumberlands assistant coach Emily Beuerlein traveled to New Castle to participate in the signing.

“We’re really excited to get Victoria on the team,” Beuerlin said. “We think she will be a great fit for the team. We are looking forward to having her come down and join the team. Hopefully, we’ll get more girls from Henry County in the future.”

Charlie Pait, Paynter’s former coach with the Thoroughbreds soccer club said of Paynter, “Many students participate in multiple activities throughout high school just to improve their resumes and in the process they crumble under pressure. I am impressed with the amount of responsibility that Victoria has taken on, but I’m more impressed with the shining attitude that she portrays through all of the pressure she takes on.”

When asked how she felt about the big occasion Paynter said, “I’m really excited to be the first from here to sign to play soccer in college. It excites me to know that I will be playing the next four years for the Cumberlands. It honors me.