Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are some of the best girl players from the past to play in the 57th?
This may be a silly question....But who are some of the best girl ball players to play in the 57th district? (In years past)

My opinion-
Kelle Jo Moore-Sheldon Clark Usually unstoppable in the post

Amanda Griffith-JCHS Always showed class and gave her all
Goldie Wells-JCHS Always showed class and gave her all

Kim Kretzer- PHS The leader of that team during her time
Ashely Hall- PHS 100% all the time

I may have this wrong- Nikki Love from MHS- Heck of a scrappy ball player

Karen Pelphrey from JCHS was probably the all time best!!! Talk about unstopable!
Glenna Vanhoose from Paintsville, put up incredible numbers!!
Coach Harmon was a terror in her day for SCHS!
A J Howard will end up with legendary status afterr her time at MCHS!
Jeania Cyrus is the best PG ever at PHS, Could really handle the rock, and shoot light out!
A few that stand out in my mind would have to be...

Glenna Owens-Vanhoose - Paintsville...GREAT Player...Nuff Said

Selena Williams - JCHS...Had a Hell of a Career as a Lady Eagle, and REALLY Had an amazing Career as a Lady Bear at Pikeville College.

Kelly Jo Moore - SCHS...Was UNSTOPPABLE in the paint.

Desiree Haney - Paintsville...Started Point Guard at Paintsville when she was in the 8th grade, and starts point Guard at Midway, in which she is doin a Fantastic job.

Karen Pelphrey - JCHS...Great All Around player.

Those are the ones that stick out in my mind...

I think when this is a thread 5 years from now, Chelsee Jarrell will definitely be remembered at Paintsville...So Will Kendra Carroll...A J Howard is a definite one to be remembered at Magoffin...Calloray Howard will be remembered...Brittney Manns will be Remembered...Micheala Howard will be remembered...But...That's in the furture...

Anyone remember the only girls MS. Basketball from 57th?  That would be Ida from SC.  Great All around player went on to WKU.

Also Melissa Butcher from Paintsville and Johnson Central.

Karen Pelfrey was probably the best out of all of them and she also had a great career at Marshall.

Since most of the 80's & 90's consisted of only 3 teams in the 57th hard to think of that many.
:thx:  i agree on those players. looks good . also there were some more players from magoffin but i cant remember their names. :thx: :thx: