Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield
Have seen talk on another board that all-state defensive end Labront Scott from Mayfield has transferred to a nearby school in Calloway County to live with another member of his family. Scott has already committed to WKU but has attracted a lot of D1 interest. Has anyone heard if this is true and what actually has happened?
If true that will be a big blow to Mayfields defense. But the defense will still be very good but having Scott he stops a lot of plays from before the runners get past the defensive line. If so J. Jackson will have to play much harder on defense.
If that is the case the only one that will be sorry will be Labront Scott
diehardmayfieldfan Wrote:If that is the case the only one that will be sorry will be Labront Scott
Yea....I'm sure losing a 1st team allstate player that is a D1 commit to WKU won't affect Mayfield at all...:flush:
That is a bridge that required a serious fire to burn.
What does that mean? Can you ellaborate?
The keyword is "sorry" I did not say anything about being missed, hard to replace etc., but I will say this the community, boosters, school will go all out and help a student and or student athlete, but he is not first, and will not be the last to jump ship, I can guarentee Mayfield has someone that can fill in, and if you do not want anything to do with Mayfield they will tell you see ya.
I went to school with Coach Joe and he is a fine coach and man, but let me say this if Scott was to have played for Coach Paul Leahy .....................(for those of you that know Paul Leahy fill in the blank)
Mayfield will miss him but still return alot. I think even without him they return enough to win a title if they can avoid injuries to a couple of their key players like Jackson and Guhy
Mayfield will still be good with or without the Scott kid. But IMO they're a completely different team without him coming off the edge terrorizing QBs
http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...uggets-18/

From jody Demlings blog:

• One of the state’s top juniors – first-team All-State defensive lineman LaBront Scott – has transferred from Mayfield to Murray High. Scott committed to Western Kentucky last month but is still looking at other schools.
Between talk of people and tweets from LaBront it looks like he may beaming a move from Murray to Calloway High at the End of the year. A big score for calloway they are just getting better and better.
Leave Mayfield, go to Murray, not playing football at Murray, may be going to Calloway county now lifting at Mayfield