Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler "Chip" McDaniel going to golf school out of State Any Turth
One is the House kid from North too. I don't know the third
Trey Farmer.
That's right I did know that... I guess I really wasn't counting him because he's a Farmer! He's really home now
Yea, it's not much of a transfer. Lol even though it technically is. Hope the best to him. Kid has had it rough.
Looks like everyone in the 13th might as well just not play since Clay is that good.
The 13th region teams will have to play schematically to beat Clay. Clay is just too deep and people are going to see a different Jake Allen. Clay will start an incredibly athletic, big lineup that the rest of the 13th can't match.
Knox, Jackson and Bell played Clay very tough last year and lost a lot, lot less than Clay. I think it's very close.
Knox and Jackson are right behind Clay. It may not be huge, but there is a gap. Bell comes in at 4 and after that, who knows.
Clay lost more but also added more. The deciding factor to me will be Jake Allen the most under achieving big I have seen in some time. I have watched him since he was in middle school and he has been extremely lazy every year except his sophomore year. If they can figure out what buttons to push to get him motivated they could easily be better than the field. If not its a different story! He still lives in Corbin and when I see him he still looks bad out of shape.
Olred Wrote:Clay lost more but also added more. The deciding factor to me will be Jake Allen the most under achieving big I have seen in some time. I have watched him since he was in middle school and he has been extremely lazy every year except his sophomore year. If they can figure out what buttons to push to get him motivated they could easily be better than the field. If not its a different story! He still lives in Corbin and when I see him he still looks bad out of shape.

I agree. All my "predictions" come based on the fact of him playing like he is capable. If so, Clay has the #1 and #3 players in the region IMO. The key to Clay right now is can Smith handle a starting role. He is athletic and long but he will be put in a position to aid McDaniel a lot more. Travis Smith took some of that pressure off last year.
Bell only lost to Clay by two or three last year and returns EVERYONE. I don't think you can write them off. I think the 52nd will be very competitive.

The coaches picked Clay to win the region, but I'd give the edge to Knox or Jackson right now.

Allen has a lot of potential but didn't play that well last year. House wasn't expected to start for North this year. I've never seen Farmer, but I was told he'd probably start if he stayed. I still don't see how those guys are better than Reed-Lyttle-Rice-Bowling-Smith.
They're not a lot better but who will be is Smith and Wolfe who were only freshmen playing behind those seniors you mentioned. McDaniel is also a year older.
I really think this region is going to be really competitive and there could be some good upsets as the year goes along.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:The 13th region teams will have to play schematically to beat Clay. Clay is just too deep and people are going to see a different Jake Allen. Clay will start an incredibly athletic, big lineup that the rest of the 13th can't match.
I heard coach Parrett in the huddle last night telling our boys they have to play more schematically. I thought this was just another idiotic term you came up with to brag on Clay but it seems you was on to something. Better hope Sizemore dont take a schematic seminar before district. haha.
Uhoh BUBBA. General just figured out how to post your quotes and respond. You're in for it now because you have had some doozies!
Thanks General.
It looks it is a pretty tight race overall as some predicted.
Jackson did play schematically. The scheme was to play for four quarters, not a half.
General, you just opened up a thread that's 6 months old. You need to get to work at Subway before they fire you or demote you to 2nd shift.