Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 55 Danville 7
It was all Corbin from the start. Hounds opened the game with a 60+ yard run and then punched it in from 2 out and never looked back. 35-7 at the half and a quick one in the 3rd made it 42-0. JV did the rest. Hounds are rolling and look like a force to be reckoned with.

I don't compare scores but the same Southwestern that Corbin beat 14-0 before the Hounds found an offense are giving Belfry all they can handle right now. Should WYMT be taking notice?
HAROLD Wrote:It was all Corbin from the start. Hounds opened the game with a 60+ yard run and then punched it in from 2 out and never looked back. 35-7 at the half and a quick one in the 3rd made it 42-0. JV did the rest. Hounds are rolling and look like a force to be reckoned with.

I don't compare scores but the same Southwestern that Corbin beat 14-0 before the Hounds found an offense are giving Belfry all they can handle right now. Should WYMT be taking notice?

Corbin had an offense when we played Southwestern, but the coaches decided not to show it. They stayed in the wishbone and I formation the entire game. But it was the plan to run this Offense from day 1. With the defense as good as it is I think they were comfortable not showing anything week 1. Wonder how long it takes before the start getting noticed.
Hounds should start getting some credit.
Corbin was much too physical for the Ads.
Boys I've been on here for the last two weeks trying to tell people this Corbin team is special. They have a incredible defense and then 4 guys on offense that can score at anytime. With several others who have came in and played just as big. We can play with anybody. Don't know if we can beat the big boys but I GUARANTEE we can play with them.
Hounds and Wayne will be a war.
Very impressed with Corbin tonight.
Im not sure if Corbin is as good as i seen in person tonight or if Danville is really that bad. Danville sure didnt look like they wanted to be there.
Corbin dominated this game in every way possible. The Ads did have the upper hand in any aspect of the game.
I expect Corbin to beat Bell after seeing both and I think they can play with Wayne.
Corbin could very well go 9-1 in the regular season.
Corbin is a good as any team they have had in the last 10 years. That defense is the heart and soul of that team. Should be a very interesting matchup when they play wayne co. IMO that will be for the district championship. No way bell can compete with either one of these two teams!!!
I think that Corbin may have had better teams in the past but this team seems to be able to withstand the game better. Very few players actually go both ways for the Hounds. Powers is the anchor of the D and he's more of a spot offensive player. That allows him to be well rested on D. They secondary has some iron men out there but the line play is pretty much a strictly D line.

In the past you had 11 guys playing both ways, special teams, and never taking a play off. This would cause Corbin to get winded very early in the game, particularly against their then biggest weakness (spread teams).
Go Big Red! Wrote:Boys I've been on here for the last two weeks trying to tell people this Corbin team is special. They have a incredible defense and then 4 guys on offense that can score at anytime. With several others who have came in and played just as big. We can play with anybody. Don't know if we can beat the big boys but I GUARANTEE we can play with them.

I must say I am impressed.
Congrats RedHounds
I called a close game. Good win for the Hounds in dominating fashion. Congratulations!
What has happened to Danville? Corbin is good. But the Ads in years past could play with anyone.
Harp didn't leave Danville with a lot of talent coming!
Congrats to the Hounds. Seems like Danville has fallen on hard times.
Congrats Corbin.
Good win. Where are all the folks that have been on here bashing them for the last couple years.
Corbin and Wayne will be a good game, boy didn't see Danville getting beat like this
Corbin is night and day different from last year. Their young kids they played last year have grown up. They appear bigger, faster and stronger than last year. The biggest difference is up front. Their backs have massive holes to run through. Wayne has more athletes but Corbin will make it very close. I would not be surprised to see Corbin come back from Monticello with a win.
I wouldn't necessarily say Wayne has more athletes. Corbin has quite a few. That being said, I hate to pull this card but we all know Corbin could have been much better last year if some of these current players getting the carries on offense instead of others. Probably 3 or 4 wins better considering the close losses and playoff implications those would've had.
I am not surprised by loss, but very disappointed in the overall weak effort by the Ads. They should be a little better than this in spite of the player losses .