Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 30 - NCC 7
Final - Kuntz and Wassom with big games
Game could have been a lot worse. Too many false starts by the Pioneers. Hats off to NCC for playing hard on defense till the end. Thought SK would run over them in the 2nd half, not the case.
Kuntz finished the night 17-26 for 257 and 3 TD's. NCC struggled to move the ball and finally hit paydirt with 1:32 left in the 4th and both 2nd teams in I believe.
Grant Wassom 7 receptions for 125 and a TD, Dillon Powell 13 carries for 80 yards and 1TD, 3 receptions for 66 1TD.
Kuntz and Wassom had big games, congrats to them. NCC will be fine they need to stay healthy and get past Dixie next week with no more injury. Heard NCC may be down another lineman (that makes 3 stardust, remember to check your source). I know there has been talk around the state about top qb's, Kuntz should be recognized in this group.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Kuntz and Wassom had big games, congrats to them. NCC will be fine they need to stay healthy and get past Dixie next week with no more injury. Heard NCC may be down another lineman (that makes 3 stardust, remember to check your source). I know there has been talk around the state about top qb's, Kuntz should be recognized in this group.

I agree about Kuntz. Easy to say that being a SK fan but the kid is a great game manager. Always calm, cool, and collected. Against Conner he took the crowd out of the game and on every drive he did what his coach asked him to do, methodically drive the ball down the field with a nice mix of runs and passes and eat the clock. Going into last night's game his completion % was 76%. The kid has a terrific long ball and really hasn't thrown it much this year because of a solid run game. With his size and strength and just turning 17 in July, think he could be the sleeper QB of the state. Hopefully SK has an extended season and more college coaches take notice.
agree w/ you 24. knutz will make a name for himself. I think he might surprass Barker if he went to the specialized camps, but who knows? He's good, I wish him the best.
Simon Kenton has been somewhat overlooked. They are putting together a very solid season.
Congrats to the Pioneers! They just keep winning.
I like Kuntz last year, and he is 10x better. I didn't see Sindelar live, but a very knowledgeable NewCath fan told me that Kuntz will be the best QB that NewCath faces all season. Seeing how Sindelar looked on IHigh, that is steep praise. First Lawrence and now Kuntz, the 'Neers have been blessed with two super talents here lately.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Kuntz and Wassom had big games, congrats to them. NCC will be fine they need to stay healthy and get past Dixie next week with no more injury. Heard NCC may be down another lineman (that makes 3 stardust, remember to check your source). I know there has been talk around the state about top qb's, Kuntz should be recognized in this group.

Mother of the QB good enough???
Stardust Wrote:Mother of the QB good enough???

no
^ Um, I'm telling you where I got it.....
Kuntz is good, he's not in any way better than barker. Barker is the real deal. Hes not better than sindlear either. hes clearly the 2nd best qb in nky however. Simon will have a very good season until the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs, then it's over. They still wouldn't beat HHS in NKY. HHS would be unstoppable with him at QB. How they miss him on their recruiting trail???.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Kuntz is good, he's not in any way better than barker. Barker is the real deal. Hes not better than sindlear either. hes clearly the 2nd best qb in nky however. Simon will have a very good season until the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs, then it's over. They still wouldn't beat HHS in NKY. HHS would be unstoppable with him at QB. How they miss him on their recruiting trail???.

Head to head Kuntz beat Barker. Kuntz is better! Barker threw 2 picks against Ryle. Kuntz has thrown one pick and it was a last second hail marry before half time. Kuntz has a better completion %.
Kuntz is a lot better on paper and has looked better in the game but Barker has a lot more tools compared to Kuntz. Kuntz should not be over looked though he's easily the 2nd best QB in NKY and if he continues to play this good will be in the state rankings by Mid OCT.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Kuntz is a lot better on paper and has looked better in the game but Barker has a lot more tools compared to Kuntz. Kuntz should not be over looked though he's easily the 2nd best QB in NKY and if he continues to play this good will be in the state rankings by Mid OCT.

Barker does not have more tools. I have watched both play Kuntz has more leg speed and more mobile in the pocket.