Most Surprising teams in the Mtns? Good or Bad
Good
Corbin
Mboro some ppl didn't know what they had there
Belfry Didn't really expect them to beat HC
Lynn Camp almost matched last years win total already

Bad
Somerset Really didn't expect this many losses all year
Williamsburg Still beleive they can get it going but so far not what hyped to be
Bell Co Kinda knew they was down this year but I feel its gonna be far worse than expected
Whitley Co
IMO middlesboro has a chance to be in bowling green. Somerset seems down, Danville got rocked by Corbin and middlesboro tied with them and played awful! Good be a great year for the yellow jackets
It's true that Somerset hasn't performed up to the standards that we are use to seeing, but I think the verdict may be a bit premature on them. Their best player still has yet to play a game and they have more injuries to their main guys than anybody. Give it time I'm sure we'll see a better product in a few weeks.
Somerset will be fine... Out of everyone Mboro plays Im more worried about Somerset than anyone else even Pikeville
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Somerset will be fine... Out of everyone Mboro plays Im more worried about Somerset than anyone else even Pikeville

Middlesboro has really not played a quality team,Grant County 1-3, Pineville 2-2, and Bell Countys worst team in a long time, and playing a very weak Harlan team friday night. If Somerset don't get healthy they may run the table with Pikeville being the only team to challenge them in regular season. Danville, Lexington Christian, are down as compared to past teams. I think Middlesboro has a good shot to win their district and whom ever wins this district will win the region in my opion. But i still don't know how good they are, and yes I have seen them play.
I have a feeling the Mboro bandwagon is a little premature.
I understand where you're coming from record wise but I don't think Williamsburg should be a surprise bad team.

There are 5 teams in the area that I think would beat Williamsburg rather soundly. 2 of those already have (North/Wayne). The other 3 are Corbin, Knox, and Bell (although I think this could be a game). It's not taking anything away from a very good Yellow Jacket team, it's just they don't have the numbers to sustain against a very good team like any of the above mentioned.

Williamsburg couldn't beat a team like Mayfield but I see no reason that they couldn't make it to Bowling Green to play them.
RoShamBo Wrote:It's true that Somerset hasn't performed up to the standards that we are use to seeing, but I think the verdict may be a bit premature on them. Their best player still has yet to play a game and they have more injuries to their main guys than anybody. Give it time I'm sure we'll see a better product in a few weeks.
They will win out in their district.
Middlesboro is a surprise. Props to them
my most surprising team would be paintsville :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:my most surprising team would be paintsville :truestory:

I have said all along it Chirico was given the chance he would turn that program around. He is off to a good start, but still has a lot of work to do.

Good luck to Joe & the Tigers this year.
What about Lynn Camp beating Harlan last week?
Is that why were not hearing much from Harlan fans this year?