Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something doesn't add up
Move along nothing to see here
TheRealThing Wrote:And right on cue, dirty politics rears it's ugly head again. This time it's not the presidential race however, it is the lost race for the US Senate seat (for Dems), between Alison Grimes and Mitch McConnell.

Like I and others on here have said. Dems will say or do anything to get elected.
If I were you guys, I wouldn't a lot about dirty democrat http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5992400?&...mg00000016
18 days, 11 hours and 13 minutes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:18 days, 11 hours and 13 minutes.

EXCERPT---
"Nearly every African nation has instituted travel bans on West African countries with significant Ebola outbreaks.

Though the Obama administration has insisted travel bans are not necessary, even countries outside of Africa are beginning to start such travel bans, with Colombia and the Caribbean island of St. Lucia on Wednesday adding their names to a growing list of nearly 30 countries that block travelers from virus-stricken Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea."

Read http://www.Newsmax.com/TheWire/ebola-tra...z3GL2bUaeT

After six years of the monkey puke, I'll be glad to see these politically correct morons hit the trail. It will be interesting to see what family members of the Ebola stricken will have to say about Tom Frieden et-al, with regard to their insistence that we dare not limit the inbound from West Africa. I mean, I know liberals and the welfare crowd will swallow anything. But, the rest of us must step up and pull the flush lever on November 4th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Link to video and discussion about the possibility of airborne contraction of Ebola. Protocols were very likely adhered to very precisely in Dallas and though we tend to think of the 3rd world countries as a bit backward, I would still bet they live up to the guide lines we heard from Dr Frieden, which was for basic hospital isolation. This thing could very well be contracted by inhaling the tiny droplets in the air resultant from coughing and maybe even normal breathing of Ebola victims.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/cdc-ch...r=hlhzypsh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ BTW, Granny already said that but, these references to vague protocol breaches mean exactly nothing. Other than to keep us calm because Ebola may be much easier to catch than CDC spin would have us believe. I mean, one must go through a rigorous curriculum and the associated internship to become a nurse. If they can't avoid catching Ebola, what does that say to the rest of us?

The new Ebola Czar.
EXCERPT---
"Obama, facing criticism from some lawmakers over his administration's handling of efforts to contain the virus, appointed Ron Klain, a lawyer who previously served as chief of staff to Vice Presidents Joe Biden and Al Gore, to oversee the U.S. response to the virus."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/1...BO20141017

This would be hilarious if not for being so dire. So, let me get this straight. We are going around a doctor, whose fascination seems to be his bent for the political. (Remember, that his statements insisting we dare not limit air travel to and from West Africa were among the first verbal observations he shared with this nation, and one which he never fails to reassert). To get to a lawyer, whose bent will be to forego his area of expertise in the field of law to manage the medical community. That sound about right? :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Much like listening to the CDC director about not limiting air travel from Africa to the US...for fear of negatively impacting African economics.

There was one man this morning, flying from Africa to JFK that literally vomited himself to death.

No cause for concern; he doesn't have Ebola. MY question is, how do they know??? That story was posted BEFORE the body was ever given to the ME.

I'm starting to feel the first tinges of paranoia!!!!
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ BTW, Granny already said that but, these references to vague protocol breaches mean exactly nothing. Other than to keep us calm because Ebola may be much easier to catch than CDC spin would have us believe. I mean, one must go through a rigorous curriculum and the associated internship to become a nurse. If they can't avoid catching Ebola, what does that say to the rest of us?

The new Ebola Czar.
EXCERPT---
"Obama, facing criticism from some lawmakers over his administration's handling of efforts to contain the virus, appointed Ron Klain, a lawyer who previously served as chief of staff to Vice Presidents Joe Biden and Al Gore, to oversee the U.S. response to the virus."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/1...BO20141017

This would be hilarious if not for being so dire. So, let me get this straight. We are going around a doctor, whose fascination seems to be his bent for the political. (Remember, that his statements insisting we dare not limit air travel to and from West Africa were among the first verbal observations he shared with this nation, and one which he never fails to reassert). To get to a lawyer, whose bent will be to forego his area of expertise in the field of law to manage the medical community. That sound about right? :igiveup:

If this wasn't such serious business it would be hilarious to watch this ship of fools....Hollywood couldn't make this stuff up.
Why is Obama so interested in sending our troops and our national guard to West Africa to build hospitals? Since when is that a duty of our military? As one commentator, obviously not on MSNBC, said this morning, "This is the national guard. Not the international guard".

Let's be honest. Does anyone remotely believe that Obama would send in our soldiers if the outbreak were in Israel or Germany or any similar venue?
Based on his personal experience, perhaps Obama thinks this is what the military does.
Granny Bear Wrote:Much like listening to the CDC director about not limiting air travel from Africa to the US...for fear of negatively impacting African economics.

There was one man this morning, flying from Africa to JFK that literally vomited himself to death.

No cause for concern; he doesn't have Ebola. MY question is, how do they know??? That story was posted BEFORE the body was ever given to the ME.

I'm starting to feel the first tinges of paranoia!!!!

Tell me about it! So let's recap. At least 70 of the med staff at Texas Presbyterian Hospital are presently being either tracked or quarantined for possible exposure to Ebola, with at least two confirmed full blown cases already diagnosed. Plus the 148 or so that may have had contact with Duncan on his way here or during his time milling about town after he landed in the US. Plus an unknown number of possibles which either flew with one of the infected nurses, or who dealt with her at some point between Dallas and Cleveland and back again. Plus 4,633 cruise ship passengers.

Add the Ebola stricken photographer receiving care in Nebraska. Does anybody really want to hazard a guess as to how many potential contacts are really involved in this matter? All of whom (except for those caring for the photographer) are the result of only one single Ebola infected man from West Africa. And we're bringing around 150 in each week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Link to video and discussion about the possibility of airborne contraction of Ebola. Protocols were very likely adhered to very precisely in Dallas and though we tend to think of the 3rd world countries as a bit backward, I would still bet they live up to the guide lines we heard from Dr Frieden, which was for basic hospital isolation. This thing could very well be contracted by inhaling the tiny droplets in the air resultant from coughing and maybe even normal breathing of Ebola victims.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/cdc-ch...r=hlhzypsh
According to staff, not. They said their neck was partially exposed.
TheRealVille Wrote:According to staff, not. They said their neck was partially exposed.

Well, you might want to inform the medical community and the US Congress. According to CDC director Tom Frieden all hospital staff need do is normal isolation protocol, and they'll be just fine. Partially exposed necks are just fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, you might want to inform the medical community and the US Congress. According to CDC director Tom Frieden all hospital staff need do is normal isolation protocol, and they'll be just fine. Partially exposed necks are just fine.
When you are dealing closely with Ebola victims vomit, and other body fluids? Supposedly, any contaminated fluid that touches your body is a potential point of entry.
TheRealVille Wrote:When you are dealing closely with Ebola victims vomit, and other body fluids? Supposedly, any contaminated fluid that touches your body is a potential point of entry.

LOL, maybe somebody has vomited on your neck (or the other bodily fluids), but in my experience that has not happened. It escapes me why Frieden's been acting like one would have to swim up a river of somebody's vomit to contract the disease.

Here's what the CDC has been saying as interpreted by Jonathan Capehart of The Washington Post. "Remember this: Ebola is very difficult to get. It isn’t airbone like the flu. You can’t catch Ebola from a sneeze or a cough the way you can the flu, which kills thousands annually. According to the CDC, flu-related deaths “ranged from 3,349 in 1986-87 to 48,614 in 2003-04.” You can’t get Ebola from water or casual conduct. You can get it if you have cared for someone with Ebola or handled someone who has died of Ebola and came into direct contact with their bodily fluids, such as vomit, blood or diarrhea."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...ola-panic/

No rational person would buy this when we know medical staff have been getting Ebola in, Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Spain and now the United States. You know anybody who treats someone with Ebola is going to make sure they don't get 'body fluid' on them.

BTW, I just figured out who Tom Frieden reminds me of. The tone, demeanor, voice, even the hair. Remember Marty McFly's Dad George, in "Back to the Future?" Had to be separated at birth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, maybe somebody has vomited on your neck (or the other bodily fluids), but in my experience that has not happened. It escapes me why Frieden's been acting like one would have to swim up a river of somebody's vomit to contract the disease.

Here's what the CDC has been saying as interpreted by Jonathan Capehart of The Washington Post. "Remember this: Ebola is very difficult to get. It isn’t airbone like the flu. You can’t catch Ebola from a sneeze or a cough the way you can the flu, which kills thousands annually. According to the CDC, flu-related deaths “ranged from 3,349 in 1986-87 to 48,614 in 2003-04.” You can’t get Ebola from water or casual conduct. You can get it if you have cared for someone with Ebola or handled someone who has died of Ebola and came into direct contact with their bodily fluids, such as vomit, blood or diarrhea."

No rational person would buy this when we know medical staff have been getting Ebola in, Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Spain and now the United States. You know anybody who treats someone with Ebola is going to make sure they don't get 'body fluid' on them.

BTW, I just figured out who Tom Frieden reminds me of. The tone, demeanor, voice, even the hair. Remember Marty McFly's Dad George, in "Back to the Future?" Had to be separated at birth.

Mush Mouth
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, maybe somebody has vomited on your neck (or the other bodily fluids), but in my experience that has not happened. It escapes me why Frieden's been acting like one would have to swim up a river of somebody's vomit to contract the disease.

I'm not sure about your tone either. I think I have been agreeing with you. FTR, the Dallas nurse was the one that said her neck was exposed while she cared for the Thomas guy. With an exposed neck, she could have touched herself with her soiled glove.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm not sure about your tone either. I think I have been agreeing with you. FTR, the Dallas nurse was the one that said her neck was exposed while she cared for the Thomas guy. With an exposed neck, she could have touched herself with her soiled glove.

It's just inconsistent. There are lots of sites warning people to come no closer than 3 feet from somebody with Ebola. They're putting too fine a point on the deal about it not being transmitted through the air. Aerosol spray is airborne. And common knowledge says humans exhale vapor, droplets. The average human exhales 14 fluid ounces of water every day just through regular respirations, much less the sneezing and coughing Ebola patients have to go through.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:It's just inconsistent. There are lots of sites warning people to come no closer than 3 feet from somebody with Ebola. They're putting too fine a point on the deal about it not being transmitted through the air. Aerosol spray is airborne. And common knowledge says humans exhale vapor, droplets. The average human exhales 14 fluid ounces of water every day just through regular respirations, much less the sneezing and coughing Ebola patients have to go through.
I, 100% percent agree. That's why I said earlier that I don't buy the 3 foot rule. There is moisture coming from our bodies every which way, even breath. We aren't being told anywhere near the real deal.
TheRealVille Wrote:I, 100% percent agree. That's why I said earlier that I don't buy the 3 foot rule. There is moisture coming from our bodies every which way, even breath. We aren't being told anywhere near the real deal.

LOL, I would have responded sooner but I had to pick myself back up off the floor. We agree. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With no direct flights coming out of West Africa to the US, it looks like we are at the mercy of other countries, mostly European, to help protect us.
I have a solution that would take care of a lot of problems. Let's just send Obama and Biden to Liberia to personally work their "magic" and oversee the building of the hospitals. Holder could accompany them to hold a hammer and Michele could go to make sure they all eat properly. If they can locate Andy Lundergan, he can go, too.
I was accused of trying to incite mass hysteria on facebook yesterday, and told that Ebola is NOT air borne but "droplet" borne. Well, granted my nursing school days are over two decades old; actually three decades old!! Anyway, "droplet" borne wasn't even a term back then.

In any event, if bloody mucus is too heavy to be spewed into the air and drops to the floor....that's droplet borne!!! If anybody believes that it doesn't also lend itself to air borne, they are kidding themselves.

This is really scary to me! Idiots that are being spoon fed by the CDC also adds to this fiasco. The nurse that flew while she was infected with Ebola actually got direction from the CDC to fly. She was honest and forthcoming with her symptoms, too. I can visualize someone looking at a chart, and saying to this nurse....Oh, you're fine to fly, my chart says so. Unless your fever is 100.4; then you're okay!!