Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings in the 56th District and 14th Region
How do you see the district and region rankings thus far in the season?
I suppose we can see a little change in our favorite teams since the Holiday
seasons are over. As for me I'm glad the Holidays are over and now on with
more important things BASKETBALL!!!!!!! Let's read your views on the rankings.:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty :letsparty
As of today in the 56th in district games:
1. Estill County 3-0
2. Owsley County 2-1
3. Powell County 1-2
4. Lee County 0-3

Owsley plays Powell and Estill next week at Owsley. Estill still has to play Lee on the 20th @ Estill and Estill @ Powell on the 26th. Owsley plays Lee @ home on February 9th, so there's still several games to go!!!!

Go Lady Owls!!!!!:letsparty
KYGal Wrote:As of today in the 56th in district games:
1. Estill County 3-0
2. Owsley County 2-1
3. Powell County 1-2
4. Lee County 0-3

Owsley plays Powell and Estill next week at Owsley. Estill still has to play Lee on the 20th @ Estill and Estill @ Powell on the 26th. Owsley plays Lee @ home on February 9th, so there's still several games to go!!!!

Go Lady Owls!!!!!:letsparty

I for one am extremely glad that the holidays are over and we can start back with our games! From what I can tell, Estill is playing pretty well this season, along with Owsley and Powell. Lee County has has a little trouble this year getting their team game going, and it shows in their rankings. I believe that it will be between either Owsley and Estill, or Owsley and Powell for the district title. Powell is playing tough, but Owlsey and Estill have both came out on top against them in their last meeting. Estill and Powells game went into 3 overtimes, so I see them as being almost equal teams. If Owsley comes out wanting the win, I think they will definently take the district win this year and move on to regionals!

:letsparty Let's Go Lady Owls :letsparty
I still beleive it's too early to tell. Estill, Lee, Owsley, and Powell are all good ball clubs. Even though Lee is struglin' right now, I wouldn't over look them if I was you. As for Estill, Owsley, and Powell, they are the leaders. Powell has come up short against Owsley, and now Estill. Estill hasn't went to Powell yet, but when they do, they'll have a showdown. It's hard to win at Powell, cause 1) home-court advantage 2) they have alot of support. Owsley is as strong as I've seen in a long time. It take alot to knock these girls down. They a good group of kids.

I Beleive it's up for grabs.
--------Good Luck to the Lady Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the lady owls defeat powell tomarrow night and the defeat estill by more than 6 they will clain the # 1 Spot in the 56. However if they win by less than 6 to Estill, and If Powell Defeats Estill at Powell , than the Lady Owls will hold the #1 spot also.
Lee County lost two very important key players. This is a building year for them. Hopefully next year they will be tough competition. But for now...I don't see Owsley beating Estill at Estill. The EC crowd gets very into it. As for Powell beating Owsley tomorrow night it comes down to whoever wants it the most. Last game Powell was up 20 going into the 4th. In the 4th Owsley made EVERYTHING. If Powell plays with intensity and smarts they will pull it out. IMO

------------Go Lady Pirates!!-----------
[QUOTE=TakeItToThaHouse]Lee County lost two very important key players. This is a building year for them. Hopefully next year they will be tough competition.

QUOTE]

Make that 3, Lee lost Bille Stone and Jennifer Price to graduation last year, and also Jr. Ashley Evans is no longer part of the LadyKats due to "controversial" knee problems. All three of these players were a big force in the LadyKats success last season, 3 of the 5 starters have never had much varsity action in the past, so I'm hoping the LadyKats will be able to build on themselves throughout the season!!:Thumbs: