Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central at Southwestern 11/3
SW by 14
zaga, I hadn't looked up the national rankings but I think most of us in the county knew Golden's national rankings were incorrect.

Golden, he won the state championship for class 3A, and the overall best for the 100 and 200 events. That doesn't mean he set state records, I'm sure a guy by the name of Tyson Gay probably owns that. Now, considering he was a sophomore when this happened if he continues to improve he has a pretty good shot at breaking those records. He is the fastest high school kid in Kentucky and he is ranked 7th in the history of Kentucky.
SW more than likely.. would like to see a PCC win and a rematch between PCC and Whitley. but im taking SW. 49-35. poor defense. needs to be fixed if they want to go far
I'm taking Southwestern 50-19
Kywarrior14 Wrote:zaga, I hadn't looked up the national rankings but I think most of us in the county knew Golden's national rankings were incorrect.

Golden, he won the state championship for class 3A, and the overall best for the 100 and 200 events. That doesn't mean he set state records, I'm sure a guy by the name of Tyson Gay probably owns that. Now, considering he was a sophomore when this happened if he continues to improve he has a pretty good shot at breaking those records. He is the fastest high school kid in Kentucky and he is ranked 7th in the history of Kentucky.
I must be reading something different than what everyone is reading. I never said he was ALL-TIME, didn't say a YEAR, or if it was ELITE or whatever. SO, thanks for all your hard work on it though.
Also, I had never said that SW had won, nor lost do to the refs. Two of the most obvious were during PC and the LC and they won.
Swhs - 41
pchs - 20
you cannot tackle what you cannot catch. SW rolls 41-6
GoldenSpirit Wrote:I think that SW are as good. I have seen them play a couple of times. They have several players that can beat you at any point in time. A RB that has over 1600 yrds, a WR that is the 7th fastest kid in the country. A QB that is very talented. A sound D as well. I'm not one that try's put anything off on the stripes. But I know 2 games where it was a bit crazy. You can watch tape and see how crazy some where. But anyhow I don't think Perry has a chance. They hadn't played any teams that is a high rank team. Did they even with any games in district play?

golden you are right you did not say All-Time, I did, and he IS the 7th fastest in the history of Kentucky in one of those events (I'm not sure which event it was). Only in Kentucky. What you said is bolded above and myself and zaga were trying to correct you. BTW the Lexington Catholic game was out of control in penalties, I haven't seen any film but the paper had us for over 150 yards in penalties.
47-22 Southwestern.
Perry will have to control the ball take the play clock to 1 or 2 before snaps no turnovers and play good defense. Will that happen I dont know the wose thing is southwestern go straight and scores fast and perry turn it over. Southwestern is a good team close early runaway late.

Southwestern 53 Perry 14.
You guys know when I said Southwestern was a question mark?

They answered that question tonight pretty easily....
Any updates on score
Not sure on the exact final score but it was SW 45+ and PCC 6 or 7. It was a running clock when I turned it off
Southwestern 56
Perry County Central 08
Final :popcorn:
Warriors don't have to worry about Pulaski this year.