Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 55 Letcher Central 45
CA3 Wrote:I'm pretty sure Knott County's whole team went to middle school in Knott County.
0-2 against them this season.

Knott, Perry, Hazard, Breathitt are scared of each other and I do believe they try to one up each other but no one seems to be afraid of Letcher Central, sorry

Then why is it over the summer when Letcher came within 4 of beating Knott, after we had already played one game that the next thing you know they have a transfer come from Leslie and it happens to be their best player? If he went to grade school in Knott why not play there for 4 years? Everyone has their own opinion on this topic and that’s fine. We clearly don’t agree because to me when you have to recruit or persuade players to jump ship and come play for your team in high school it says that you can’t develop them into winners and your coaching staff isn’t as great as you guys want to think it is. Let’s face it all this team switching and recruiting has not helped a single program in the mountains because as soon the Sweet 16 starts the team that represents the 14th usually gets their asses kicked 😂.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Then why is it over the summer when Letcher came within 4 of beating Knott, after we had already played one game that the next thing you know they have a transfer come from Leslie and it happens to be their best player? If he went to grade school in Knott why not play there for 4 years? Everyone has their own opinion on this topic and that’s fine. We clearly don’t agree because to me when you have to recruit or persuade players to jump ship and come play for your team in high school it says that you can’t develop them into winners and your coaching staff isn’t as great as you guys want to think it is. Let’s face it all this team switching and recruiting has not helped a single program in the mountains because as soon the Sweet 16 starts the team that represents the 14th usually gets their asses kicked 😂.
Irregardless of recruiting, it is a shame that LCC is not more competitive given they are one of the larger schools in the 14th region, with excellent facilities. Outside of Whitesburg's 14th regional championships in 1951 and 2002 (LoL), Letcher is rarely competitive in boy's basketball.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Then why is it over the summer when Letcher came within 4 of beating Knott, after we had already played one game that the next thing you know they have a transfer come from Leslie and it happens to be their best player? If he went to grade school in Knott why not play there for 4 years? Everyone has their own opinion on this topic and that’s fine. We clearly don’t agree because to me when you have to recruit or persuade players to jump ship and come play for your team in high school it says that you can’t develop them into winners and your coaching staff isn’t as great as you guys want to think it is. Let’s face it all this team switching and recruiting has not helped a single program in the mountains because as soon the Sweet 16 starts the team that represents the 14th usually gets their asses kicked 😂.

You sound like a salty dad who’s kid doesn’t get playing time.
basketballx2 Wrote:You sound like a salty dad who’s kid doesn’t get playing time.

Nope my kid gets plenty of playing time just so you know. Just tired of the bullshit politics and recruiting in this region.
Bstidham47 Wrote:We are actually ranked 5th in the region and when you look at the top 4 how many of those teams had the balls to play without having to recruit other players? With the exception of Buckhorn that is. I don’t see how we will be lucky to play in Region....we have already beaten Cordia twice. If your great big 4.....laughable had the great coaches and programs that you are bragging about they wouldn’t have to go and get players from other counties and even states. I would rather finish 5th playing fair than 1st with no pride and having to recruit. Besides after the 14th region tournament any team that makes it to the Sweet 16 will be blown away by 20 plus. Name me one of your super teams that have competed with any other regions top teams and cane within 15 of them 🤔🤔

Sorry but Letcher isn't in the top 5. If anyone has them in the top 5 then they need their eyes checked.

They've lost to (1) Knott County Central, (2) Breathitt County, (3) Perry County Central, (4) Hazard and (5) Buckhorn, all by double digits, so no Letcher Central is not in the top 5. Heck they barely got past an 8 win Cordia team.
Strikeout King Wrote:Sorry but Letcher isn't in the top 5. If anyone has them in the top 5 then they need their eyes checked.

They've lost to (1) Knott County Central, (2) Breathitt County, (3) Perry County Central, (4) Hazard and (5) Buckhorn, all by double digits, so no Letcher Central is not in the top 5. Heck they barely got past an 8 win Cordia team.

Then you better look on KHSAA website at 14th region win/loss records because LCC is 5th. Like it or not that’s where they have them and if beating a team by 15 is barely getting by them then I guess we did 🤷🏼*♂️.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Then you better look on KHSAA website at 14th region win/loss records because LCC is 5th. Like it or not that’s where they have them and if beating a team by 15 is barely getting by them then I guess we did 🤷🏼*♂️.

That's funny that you think that the KHSAA site is a rankings.
Lol. Letcher has wins but not against any of the top 5 teams in the 14th
CA3 Wrote:That's funny that you think that the KHSAA site is a rankings.
Lol. Letcher has wins but not against any of the top 5 teams in the 14th

It clearly says 14th region wins/losses and has the teams listed that way....kind of like the AP poll for college ball. So is that not considered a ranking either? I guess a team that has 20 wins as opposed to a team with 13 or so gets ranked lower because the team with 13 wins beat better competition. Never saw teams ranked that way before. Win you move up and lose you drop and it’s always been that way.
Bstidham47 Wrote:It clearly says 14th region wins/losses and has the teams listed that way....kind of like the AP poll for college ball. So is that not considered a ranking either? I guess a team that has 20 wins as opposed to a team with 13 or so gets ranked lower because the team with 13 wins beat better competition. Never saw teams ranked that way before. Win you move up and lose you drop and it’s always been that way.

Geeeeeeez grasping at straws.
Bstidham47 Wrote:It clearly says 14th region wins/losses and has the teams listed that way....kind of like the AP poll for college ball. So is that not considered a ranking either? I guess a team that has 20 wins as opposed to a team with 13 or so gets ranked lower because the team with 13 wins beat better competition. Never saw teams ranked that way before. Win you move up and lose you drop and it’s always been that way.

If you look, they are in order by WINS. Letcher is not and I repeat is NOT a top 5 team. I'm not sure how people can think they're a top 5 team when they've been beat by Knott, Breathitt, Hazard and Buckhorn.

They're 17-11 but 9-6 in region. They've beat Cordia (twice) and Powell County, they struggled to escape those three games with wins. Other than those, they've beat Leslie County (7 wins), June Buchanan (twice) (8 wins). They've beat no one in the top 5. I'd have Powell at about 7th.
Bstidham47 Wrote:You are like everyone else. Trying to defend the fact that the schools around here play fair. Like I said ALL those schools (except Buckhorn) had to have players from other schools transfer in to HELP THEM WIN!! I don’t care how you look at it that is recruiting. Why do these schools have to go out and get other kids that aren’t on the roster the previous year...... because they are scared that they will lose to teams like Letcher, Buckhorn etc... they aren’t as great as you want to think and it shows.

All most all of knott and hazard players that come there come as 8th graders. That’s a parental decision. And when a program is winning parents want that for their child. Like when we lost Caudill. Lcc has 0 regional boys basketball championships and if I’m not mistaken the only two girls championships they have had transfers. I know the first championship the girls won, their best player was from KCC. Also I don’t think Terrel Carter went to Letcher County schools his whole life can’t remember for sure though. Again it’s not recruiting if the parents enroll their child at a winning school. If LCC ever wins a region or two the same will happen.
Once again sorry, but to call a team or program a failure when they finish their season at rupp arena is childish. That is the goal of every player in the state of KY. I can promise you if a good player enrolls at LCC Winston won’t say sorry “son you need to go elsewhere we only play kids born and raised in Letcher County”! Sorry your just a freshman or sophomore or whatever but I don’t want you. Grant it Perry has most defiantly recruited a ton of players the same way Cordia has but to call every kid that enrolls at a new school a recruit just isn’t true.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Nope my kid gets plenty of playing time just so you know. Just tired of the bullshit politics and recruiting in this region.
Oh my! Lol definition of butt hurt.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Then you better look on KHSAA website at 14th region win/loss records because LCC is 5th. Like it or not that’s where they have them and if beating a team by 15 is barely getting by them then I guess we did 🤷🏼*♂️.

Sorry about all the reply’s but fifth on the Khsaa list is solely based on number of wins. Is in no way a ranking. A team could play piarist 10 times and Jbs 8 times and be 18-0 and be listed near the top of that page. That list has nothing to do with rankings
Nope, you have a ton of college teams that have over 20 wins not in the top 25 and you have several teams with 15-19 wins and around 7-8 loses in the top 25. Even in football I believe it was central Florida that was 11-0 and rammed 14th and 12 teams with loses ranked above them. So not true. Man you need to just let it go. Sorry
thegr81 Wrote:Once again sorry, but to call a team or program a failure when they finish their season at rupp arena is childish. That is the goal of every player in the state of KY. I can promise you if a good player enrolls at LCC Winston won’t say sorry “son you need to go elsewhere we only play kids born and raised in Letcher County”! Sorry your just a freshman or sophomore or whatever but I don’t want you. Grant it Perry has most defiantly recruited a ton of players the same way Cordia has but to call every kid that enrolls at a new school a recruit just isn’t true.

Not talking about every kid just the ones that switch schools multiple times. For example if a student starts at one school, transfers out and then comes back to the school they were originally at to start with because they think that now they can win Region with that team is pathetic. If a kid enrolled as a freshman and plays the whole 4 years then yeah go to a different school if you want but to say that it is right for kids to switch schools constantly and knock the ones who stick it out and earn their playing time is crazy.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Not talking about every kid just the ones that switch schools multiple times. For example if a student starts at one school, transfers out and then comes back to the school they were originally at to start with because they think that now they can win Region with that team is pathetic. If a kid enrolled as a freshman and plays the whole 4 years then yeah go to a different school if you want but to say that it is right for kids to switch schools constantly and knock the ones who stick it out and earn their playing time is crazy.

LCC leads the state in participation trophies for boy’s basketball.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Not talking about every kid just the ones that switch schools multiple times. For example if a student starts at one school, transfers out and then comes back to the school they were originally at to start with because they think that now they can win Region with that team is pathetic. If a kid enrolled as a freshman and plays the whole 4 years then yeah go to a different school if you want but to say that it is right for kids to switch schools constantly and knock the ones who stick it out and earn their playing time is crazy.
I would agree with that