Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 59 Magoffin 14
FinalTongueirateSho
Final from Pond Creek. The Pirates needed a game like this. For one to get their confidence back and another to get some backups some much needed playing time.

This was also a good time to give Dixon, and a few others, some more rest to get completely healthy. Even though this is his 3rd straight game on the sidelines, he went out the 1st Qtr of the Alter game, I think the rest and healing time is more important than playing time for Dixon right now. Also, we may be getting our starting DE Brad Lowe back next game or two. Hes been out the entire season with a broken arm. Nice to see Mounts back on the field tonight as well.

Confidence is everything for this young team and tonight I think they got some of it back. Last week was a huge hit to this teams ego and brought them back down to earth. And my opinion, was exactly what they needed. If they can play the next three games with this type of result then the Pirates will be healthy (hopefully) going into the showdown in the season finale against Johnson Central and be ready for a deep run in the playoffs.
All of the kids deserve some credit but I do want to give a shoutout to a kid who doesn’t get talked about a lot.

Mason Washington has stepped in at TE and made a move to help his team. Mason is quiet, never says a word or complains, and works hard whatever role they put him in to help his team. It doesn’t go unnoticed! He will be a big part of a potential playoff run on both O and D.
Belfry just keeps churning out great teams and wins. Crazy how long these guys have been at or near the top.
AngryMob Wrote:All of the kids deserve some credit but I do want to give a shoutout to a kid who doesn’t get talked about a lot.

Mason Washington has stepped in at TE and made a move to help his team. Mason is quiet, never says a word or complains, and works hard whatever role they put him in to help his team. It doesn’t go unnoticed! He will be a big part of a potential playoff run on both O and D.

Mason Washington is a stud! And you're right, he is a great kid and is always willing to do whatever for the team. I love watching him play defense.
How did Mason Lovely look for Magoffin?
Pirates need to get healthy. And they will.
Whoever is healthiest usually wins the trophy. Boyle county last year in 3A. Belfry beat them to pieces, in a loss. Boyle advances but is not healthy enough to defeat Corbin. No doubt in my mind, healthy, Boyle was the better team.
Congratulations to the Pirates
Lovely is a great LB and has a great nose for the ball and sticks his head in there on just about every play, BUT I have an issue with his tackling stats. Magoffin keeps him in the entire game against JV and Freshman backups in their lopsided defeats. He still makes ALL of the tackles whether it be against Varsity 1s and 2s but playing him in blowouts to pad his stats is somewhat diminishing his true total number of tackles against true competition. I’m not sure why the staff at Magoffin thinks it is acceptable, I know the Belfry staff wouldn’t leave him in regardless of his statewide stats.
The emphasis should be on the team, not the individual regardless. Just my opinion and we know what that’s worth!
COACHITALL Wrote:Lovely is a great LB and has a great nose for the ball and sticks his head in there on just about every play, BUT I have an issue with his tackling stats. Magoffin keeps him in the entire game against JV and Freshman backups in their lopsided defeats. He still makes ALL of the tackles whether it be against Varsity 1s and 2s but playing him in blowouts to pad his stats is somewhat diminishing his true total number of tackles against true competition. I’m not sure why the staff at Magoffin thinks it is acceptable, I know the Belfry staff wouldn’t leave him in regardless of his statewide stats.
The emphasis should be on the team, not the individual regardless. Just my opinion and we know what that’s worth!

This Belfry game and the Breathitt game are the only two that that would have happened in, and Breathitt didn’t start subbing guys til the 4th quarter. I agree though, I wouldn’t leave him in once the opposing team starts subbing.
Back on track....Congrats to the Pirates
Good to see Belfry back.
See, the sky isn't falling in Belfry. Congrats Pirates.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Mason Washington is a stud! And you're right, he is a great kid and is always willing to do whatever for the team. I love watching him play defense.

He has gotten so much better over the last 3 years.
Congrats to Belfry