Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Johnson Central
I want to see the Pikeville game. I think this is a good matchup eary season and will help both teams tremendously. I wonder if Pikeville is gonna play a zone coverage pass defense against Johnson Central?  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(06-16-2023, 09:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I want to see the Pikeville game. I think this is a good matchup eary season and will help both teams tremendously. I wonder if Pikeville is gonna play a zone coverage pass defense against Johnson Central?  Smile
Gonna have to rush 3 and drop 8. Only way to stop that passing game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-16-2023, 10:07 AM)16 special Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 09:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I want to see the Pikeville game. I think this is a good matchup eary season and will help both teams tremendously. I wonder if Pikeville is gonna play a zone coverage pass defense against Johnson Central?  Smile
Gonna have to rush 3 and drop 8. Only way to stop that passing game.
That defense would completely shut down Johnson Central's passing game.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hoot, I honestly think that JC should pass about 5 times a game. Because it was wide open in the Corbin game and I believe it would be wide open in most games. They have the running game figured out and it’s hard to stop. If they tweak the passing game I think it keeps the defense honest and guessing.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • jchseaglefan1976, jetpilot, pjdoug
Johnson Centrals schedule looks pretty strong. Now all they have to do is win.  :)
  • Bull got out!
(06-16-2023, 03:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Hoot, I honestly think that JC should pass about 5 times a game. Because it was wide open in the Corbin game and I believe it would be wide open in most games. They have the running game figured out and it’s hard to stop. If they tweak the passing game I think it keeps the defense honest and guessing.
The passing opportunities will be there every game for Johnson Central, but the success that they have had has been the result of running the ball as well or better than any team in the state during most seasons. I am fine with whatever Coach Peck and his staff decide to do with the offense.

Larry Bird used to torment his defender by telling him the next play, which would end with Bird hitting a shot while the defender looked helpless. Johnson Central's offense is like that - you know that JC is going to run 95% of the time and in most games, they are going to average 7 yards a carry or more, and there is nothing the defense can do to change that outcome. In a nutshell, that was also JC's offense under Bill Musick, but those teams never had the depth to wear down the best teams in their class during the playoffs. Neither did Matney's early teams at Johnson Central.

I keep thinking that JC will probably pass a little more often this season, but I am usually wrong. McCoart has great hands and he is very hard to tackle in the open field. He is effective as a receiver and could also create opportunities for the other backs by lining up as a wide receiver or tight end occasionally.
  • Bull got out!
The Pikeville game will be tough but it will for sure be a good one.
Again I have no inside information but I tend to agree that JC may use McCoart quite a bit in the receiving game. I think having two other really strong running backs in Conley and Music help to open up those opportunities.

Last year had such a weird set of circumstances that tied JCs hands some on offense. Carter Conley is out for the season after game 2, Mason Lawson is never 100% after knee surgery the previous year, Logan Music is a freshmen so they don’t want to put too much on his plate. Now that Conley is back healthy and Music is a year older there are a lot more options on offense. You want all 3 backs on the field so I think JC will get creative.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mr. D's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hoot Gibson
(06-23-2023, 11:26 AM)Mr. D Wrote: Again I have no inside information but I tend to agree that JC may use McCoart quite a bit in the receiving game. I think having two other really strong running backs in Conley and Music help to open up those opportunities.

Last year had such a weird set of circumstances that tied JCs hands some on offense. Carter Conley is out for the season after game 2, Mason Lawson is never 100% after knee surgery the previous year, Logan Music is a freshmen so they don’t want to put too much on his plate. Now that Conley is back healthy and Music is a year older there are a lot more options on offense. You want all 3 backs on the field so I think JC will get creative.

Can Johnson Central come to Corbin this season and Beat the Hounds?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Diogenes
We will definitely be tough as nails this year. I look for a great season that will end in Lexington. Having Belfry and Pikeville early in the season will be good challenges but I believe we bust them both from the opening kick on their fields. :) EAGLE FOOTBALL IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jchseaglefan1976's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hows the Transfer from Martin County looking? Sounds like a nice addition.
What did Johnson Central look like at GRC?
(06-24-2023, 10:38 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 11:26 AM)Mr. D Wrote: Again I have no inside information but I tend to agree that JC may use McCoart quite a bit in the receiving game. I think having two other really strong running backs in Conley and Music help to open up those opportunities.

Can Johnson Central come to Corbin this season and Beat the Hounds?

No.
(07-15-2023, 12:45 AM)jchseaglefan1976 Wrote: We will definitely be tough as nails this year. I look for a great season that will end in Lexington. Having Belfry and Pikeville early in the season will be good challenges but I believe we bust them both from the opening kick on their fields. Smile EAGLE FOOTBALL IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pikeville will smoke your hind end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(08-09-2023, 12:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 12:45 AM)jchseaglefan1976 Wrote: We will definitely be tough as nails this year. I look for a great season that will end in Lexington. Having Belfry and Pikeville early in the season will be good challenges but I believe we bust them both from the opening kick on their fields. Smile EAGLE FOOTBALL IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hounds spanked some Eagle hind end last year and WILL definitely spank to Eagle hind end again this year. Good game for both teams to have on schedule but the Hounds only lose two games this year. Loss to Frederick Douglass in regular season and Boyle County at Kroger Field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • pjdoug

I’m wanting to see that game. Johnson Centrals pass defense will be put to work. Pikeville will have to play a 5 4 defense or they might be looking at a dust storm.
(08-09-2023, 09:44 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I’m wanting to see that game. Johnson Centrals pass defense will be put to work. Pikeville will have to play a 5 4 defense or they might be looking at a dust storm.
Pikeville will run on JC too. Big question is Pikeville D vs JC running game. Should be a great game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!