Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
Anyone know when draw is? I’m assuming all first round games next Monday?

Winners:

53rd - Letcher
54th - Hazard/Leslie
55th - Breathitt
56th - Estill

Runner-Ups:

53rd - Knott
54th - Hazard/Leslie
55th - Wolfe
56th - Powell 

Hazard/Leslie will play tomorrow for the district title.
Could be one of the best region tournaments we have seen in the 14th in awhile. No easy first round game at all.
(05-21-2024, 11:34 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Could be one of the best region tournaments we have seen in the 14th in awhile. No easy first round game at all.

It should be. It’s wide open. 

Letcher vs. Hazard/Leslie or Wolfe or Powell

Hazard/Leslie vs. Knott - Wolfe - Powell

Breathitt vs. Knott - Hazard/Leslie - Powell

Estill vs. Knott - Hazard/Leslie - Wolfe
All teams has at least arm good enough to knock off anyone
Knott, Wolfe. Powell going in as runners up, one could argue those 3 were the favorites going in to district action & all 8 have a legitimate chance to win 3 more games. Alot of of young talent as well on those 8, future is bright for baseball in the 14th through atleast next year.
So Bellamy and Wilson were thrown out of the Breathitt/Wolfe game last night? Was watching the replay of it. Didn't realize all this went on in the game. This is big heading into region.
Is that a 2 game suspension then??
Yes
The Hazard and Leslie game was delayed for rain tonight. How does this affect the region? Especially with the forecast.
They can still draw for region, I’m assuming it’s like in basketball where it rotates which district draws first and so on after that.
I was wondering if they would still hold the draw with one of the districts not decided yet. I was thinking they would want all champions and runner ups decided. Wasn't sure how that would work. When is the draw?
Today at 11 was what I heard yesterday.
I think it was pushed back till tomorrow.

Hazard/Leslie game is being finished today at 2. Draw is this afternoon @3
Can’t draw until all games played. That keeps teams from tanking to get a better draw.

Heard they were going to finish Hazard / Leslie today , then draw.
How many innings did they complete?