Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 1 Paintsville 0
Kelsey Caudill pitched another no hitter with 18 strikeouts and no walks.
Sounds like a heck of a performance for Caudill. Got to give Lawrence C. kudos on their spring sports. Their baseball and softball are usually teams to reckon with!
Nice game I just hope they dont over use her this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Good job girls!
LC's batting order needs some major work. They must of lost more than one player from their '07 team. This group swings at the 1st pitch no matter where it's at and try to kill the ball instead of just making contact. They will have a hard time winning many games if they can't produce more than 1 run against a very young Paintsville team.
You would think with PHS losing their pitcher and LCHS only losing one senior that LCHS would have won by more. How did Russell from PHS do during this game? Any hits?
AmazingFan Wrote:You would think with PHS losing their pitcher and LCHS only losing one senior that LCHS would have won by more. How did Russell from PHS do during this game? Any hits?

Ummm I doubt it since Caudill pitched a no hitter for Lawrence Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Wow, where is this Caudill girl going to go to play college ball?
From what I've heard, a wonderful performance by the Lady Bulldog pitcher !!

There's no panic in Paintsville, however. Two starters were gone on a school trip and two more are playing injured since the start of the season. Look for the Lady Tigers to improve offensively and defensively. Also lost in the shuffle is the single run allowed by first-year starting pitcher Kasondra Welch for Paintsville.

I'll look forward to seeing the rematch !!
not a high scoring game now is it. Congrats.
Batpuff Wrote:Ummm I doubt it since Caudill pitched a no hitter for Lawrence Co.

I am not trying to rain on Caudill's parade or anything, but didn't one of P'ville's players get on base because of an error?
Caudill is a great pitcher and I am all for LC Softball, but Caudill has great defense backing her up, and as most people know and believe, defense is what wins the ballgames...
I don't want to take anything away from LC's pitcher, but my God Paintsville swings at everything. It was almost pointless for her to throw a strike because Paintsville swung at roughly 10,000 balls over their heads. Plus, from where I was standing, if that ball that gave LC their one run was fair, then I need glasses. Granted it was hit like a missle, but it was a foul ball. Not that it mattered, because Paintsville showed no life at the plate and LC would have scored sooner or later.
DOG! Wrote:I am not trying to rain on Caudill's parade or anything, but didn't one of P'ville's players get on base because of an error?
Caudill is a great pitcher and I am all for LC Softball, but Caudill has great defense backing her up, and as most people know and believe, defense is what wins the ballgames...
You are correct that a batter reached base on an error. An error is not scored as a hit but as an error. So Caudill pitched her second no hitter. The error prevented her from having a perfect game.
abnerdday Wrote:Wow, where is this Caudill girl going to go to play college ball?
She is undecided at this point. Pikeville, Centre, and Asbury have all been after her. Her academic's will let her go anywhere in the United States that she wants to go.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:She is undecided at this point. Pikeville, Centre, and Asbury have all been after her. Her academic's will let her go anywhere in the United States that she wants to go.

I am not trying to argue with you on her having a no hitter but I was just saying that she can be hit off of. She needs to be thanking her trustworthy defense behind her for the no hitter games that she has under her belt and the ones still to come.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I don't want to take anything away from LC's pitcher, but my God Paintsville swings at everything. It was almost pointless for her to throw a strike because Paintsville swung at roughly 10,000 balls over their heads. Plus, from where I was standing, if that ball that gave LC their one run was fair, then I need glasses. Granted it was hit like a missle, but it was a foul ball. Not that it mattered, because Paintsville showed no life at the plate and LC would have scored sooner or later.
Caudill hit her called spots. She has mastered five pitches and if the pitching coach detects a trend he will adjust calls. Caudill has the ability to move the ball over or up 2 inches if needed. The defense starts with the pitching and out of 22 batters at the plate she struck out 18. As for the RBI the ball went directly over the third base bag and spun into foul territory after crossing the bag.