Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upsets in the first round of Districts?
Who are the strong teams that maybe are not as safe as they think they are?

I do not really think that this will happen but Rose Hill has been a very good team this year as compared to years past... maybe boyd should look out

Greenup has not beat Raceland at Raceland in a long time.... They also lost to fairview at raceland a few years ago....

I look for Fairview to beat give Ashland a good game.... Rigsby will probably beat them but it may be close
As down as Boyd is this year I can see that happening. However, it is my understanding that Helms will pitch in the district tournament. If this is true, then no I don't see an upset in the near future. Considering on how he feels, there could be an upset in the region, but I don't see one in the district. If Greenup takes care of business the way they are suppose to, then they should run through both the district and region. However, watch out for Boyd getting hot, and Helms being fresh, you never know what could happen.
i'm saying coach wright lee co bobcats will upset powell co in the 56th,
basketballwizz Wrote:i'm saying coach wright lee co bobcats will upset powell co in the 56th,

That is a big statement! Especially since Powell has beaten them in both games they have played them by a combined score of 15-0. Hey, you never know though, that's why they play the game.
this is true
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That is a big statement! Especially since Powell has beaten them in both games they have played them by a combined score of 15-0. Hey, you never know though, that's why they play the game.

wow that is a big statement
The 49th district has its two best teams and potential 13th region champions playing in 1st round in North Laurel and Clay County.
the dark wizard Wrote:The 49th district has its two best teams and potential 13th region champions playing in 1st round in North Laurel and Clay County.

If Clay County wins this one I think they will win the whole thing, region that is.
the dark wizard Wrote:The 49th district has its two best teams and potential 13th region champions playing in 1st round in North Laurel and Clay County.

thats why there should be seeding the two best teams in the region should be battling for the championship...not to advance to the region
Clay has just as good of a shot as any one I agree. But that one game isnt going to determine if they win or not. I think North will come out with the win in that one.
the dark wizard Wrote:Clay has just as good of a shot as any one I agree. But that one game isnt going to determine if they win or not. I think North will come out with the win in that one.

Are you serious? What I was saying is if Clay County get's by the first round then I think they will make a run at the regional championship. Anytime you knock off one of the good teams that have a shot in the region then you give yourself confidence plus knocking out one of your top competitors. I think if that happens that Clay County, as hot as they have been will take that momentum into the regional tournament and make a run to win it all. If not than South Laurel has the best shot.
THere are a couple of teams in the 14th that could get upset. Especially since Leslie is playing much better and seeing them beat Clay 2-0 with Jimmy Joe Morgan pitching, lookout. Buckhorn with there ace pitching could give someone a scare also. All according to who is on. And if either of these 2 are on, then it could get interesting!
Betsy Layne has a chance against Allen Central.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Betsy Layne has a chance against Allen Central.

Yea, but just my opinion, but I don't think that Allen Central has a good enough program to where if they got beat in the first round, it would be considered an upset. Is Betsy Layne that bad to where Allen Central would be the overwhelming favorite?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea, but just my opinion, but I don't think that Allen Central has a good enough program to where if they got beat in the first round, it would be considered an upset. Is Betsy Layne that bad to where Allen Central would be the overwhelming favorite?

Yeah, they are that bad.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Yeah, they are that bad.

Haha! Oh I see!
frist big upset Lee Co and coach Danny Wright took it to Powell Co and won the game 8 to 0. I picked this uset owell Co really overlooked Lee Co I know coah Wright and i new his team would be ready.
basketballwizz Wrote:frist big upset Lee Co and coach Danny Wright took it to Powell Co and won the game 8 to 0. I picked this uset owell Co really overlooked Lee Co I know coah Wright and i new his team would be ready.

Wow! Congrats on the prediction! You nailed that one, and that was not an easy upset to predict. Powell's coach has got to be on his way out. Surely after all the talent they have had in the last two years and two years in a row they have been beat out in the first round and not even made it to the region. Really unbelievable. Powell has made it to the region almost every year I can remember besides the last two. This is a really shocking score. I though Powell would have a shot at winning the region this year...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Wow! Congrats on the prediction! You nailed that one, and that was not an easy upset to predict. Powell's coach has got to be on his way out. Surely after all the talent they have had in the last two years and two years in a row they have been beat out in the first round and not even made it to the region. Really unbelievable. Powell has made it to the region almost every year I can remember besides the last two. This is a really shocking score. I though Powell would have a shot at winning the region this year...

Me and you both man...
basketballwizz Wrote:frist big upset Lee Co and coach Danny Wright took it to Powell Co and won the game 8 to 0. I picked this uset owell Co really overlooked Lee Co I know coah Wright and i new his team would be ready.
Powell didn't over look anyone, they just had a bad game and Lee played great. Also, you keep saying Coach Wright...He is the assistant and I believe that Coach Jason Jewel deserves the credit for this win, being he is the coach.
Big upset in the 20th district yesterday. Adair County(4 seed) beat Marion County (1 seed) 5-3.
Marion ended up bringing Billy Grant in and they scored two runs off him.
Adair played a pitcher that nobody in the district had seen.

Im pretty sure coach wright isnt the head coach.

GREAT PICK !!!!