Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Acceptance Speech- MAJOR FLAW?
I think it was his acceptance speech, but it was on last night, and Obama really needs to learn about public speaking.

He said something, and it was a two-part sentence, and halfway through the crowd starts cheering, which, every other political speech I've ever heard, the speaker waits for it to die. Odama puts his hand up and kind of waves down like telling the crowd to be quiet, and then he says "listen," like the crowd's a kindergarten class who needs to be told how to act!

This country doesn't need a President telling its people how to act (not like that) and telling them when they can and can't cheer like a kindergarten teacher.

Anyone else pick up on that or think it was as bad as I did?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:I think it was his acceptance speech, but it was on last night, and Obama really needs to learn about public speaking.

He said something, and it was a two-part sentence, and halfway through the crowd starts cheering, which, every other political speech I've ever heard, the speaker waits for it to die. Odama puts his hand up and kind of waves down like telling the crowd to be quiet, and then he says "listen," like the crowd's a kindergarten class who needs to be told how to act!

This country doesn't need a President telling its people how to act (not like that) and telling them when they can and can't cheer like a kindergarten teacher.

Anyone else pick up on that or think it was as bad as I did?
I think you need therapy!
Obama is a very good public speaker. I just hope America listens to the SPEECH and not the speaker
I don't even like Obama but he is one of the best public speakers I've heard in quite some time...So I really don't know what you're getting at, but it doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope someone can turn our nation around before I get out of college.
I watched the speech and didn't see anything wrong with it, didn't even notice anything. As several have said, Obama is a great public speaker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama is a great teleprompter reader. He can also present a prepared speech better than most.. but when it comes to off the cuff, it's all uhs.. and umms...

He will get undressed in a public debate when he has to think then speak IMO.
lionfan13 Wrote:Obama is a great teleprompter reader. He can also present a prepared speech better than most.. but when it comes to off the cuff, it's all uhs.. and umms...

He will get undressed in a public debate when he has to think then speak IMO.
I don't know where you dreamed this up at but Obama is best "off the cuff" and not as good but still better than the competition when using a prompter which hasn't been all that often.
DevilsWin Wrote:I don't know where you dreamed this up at but Obama is best "off the cuff" and not as good but still better than the competition when using a prompter which hasn't been all that often.

uh.... here you go, http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Pu...8ofzey.asp

or here: After the first Democratic presidential debate in Columbia, South Carolina, Obama's image as an "articulate" spokesman came into question after his failure to state right away that he would retaliate in case of further terrorist strikes against the United States.[48][49]

Obama claimed to have visited 57 states while campaigning for president of the United States, which of course has only 50 states. From his remarks, he states that he has "one more to go" and stated he couldn't visit Hawaii and Alaska, indicating he meant to say, "forty-seven states".

During a fund raising event in Virginia in May 2007 Obama told donors,

“ This week there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died. An entire town destroyed.[50] ”

In reality, the tornado which touched down in Kansas cost the lives of nine people in the town of Greensburg, and twelve overall in Kansas.

maybe here:

Step away from the Koolaid! LOL:p
lionfan13 Wrote:uh.... here you go, http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Pu...8ofzey.asp

or here: After the first Democratic presidential debate in Columbia, South Carolina, Obama's image as an "articulate" spokesman came into question after his failure to state right away that he would retaliate in case of further terrorist strikes against the United States.[48][49]

Obama claimed to have visited 57 states while campaigning for president of the United States, which of course has only 50 states. From his remarks, he states that he has "one more to go" and stated he couldn't visit Hawaii and Alaska, indicating he meant to say, "forty-seven states".

“ This week there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died. An entire town destroyed.[50] ”

In reality, the tornado which touched down in Kansas cost the lives of nine people in the town of Greensburg, and twelve overall in Kansas.

maybe here:

Step away from the Koolaid! LOL:p

1) Never trust the Weekly Standard.

2) I'll admitt I drank the Kool Aid. I chugged a whole glass!Smile
DevilsWin Wrote:1) Never trust the Weekly Standard.

the co-editor of the weekly standard (Fred Barnes) just recently stated that Obama and Osama are the same person, and that they live in a cave.

So im with DW on this, as their info (partisan opinion) is crap.
DevilsWin Wrote:1) Never trust the Weekly Standard.

Please tell me you've not seen the hours of video on you tube of his orating skills or lack thereof.Big Grin
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:the co-editor of the weekly standard (Fred Barnes) just recently stated that Obama and Osama are the same person, and that they live in a cave.

So im with DW on this, as their info (partisan opinion) is crap.

What about the other two sources given? I'm open to interpetation.Big Grin
lionfan13 Wrote:What about the other two sources given? I'm open to interpetation.Big Grin

Well maybe you need to learn to count because there is only one other source, which is a youtube video.
As far as the you tube video goes, he just seems like a tired man, the campaign trail is rigorous. And since you are attacking obama, and you listen to fred Barnes im going to assume you are a republican, which means you're in the same party as the murderer of the English language, President George Bush. Obama's tired comments pale in comparison to Bush's Ignorance.

If you are trying to attack a candidate, at least use something with some substance.
President Bush has never spoken English. He speaks Texan. If he would have ever realized that, then he would have been a much more effective speaker.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Well maybe you need to learn to count because there is only one other source, which is a youtube video.

uh.... here you go, http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...4/728ofzey.asp

maybe here:

I need to learn to count?

There's not enough bandwith on this site to contain the sources if you really want them. Google: "Obama teleprompter",, or "Obama Uh...." .

Yep, I'm a republican and I'm not thrilled with either candidate FWIW.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:As far as the you tube video goes, he just seems like a tired man, the campaign trail is rigorous. And since you are attacking obama, and you listen to fred Barnes im going to assume you are a republican, which means you're in the same party as the murderer of the English language, President George Bush. Obama's tired comments pale in comparison to Bush's Ignorance.

If you are trying to attack a candidate, at least use something with some substance.

I guess he's too tired to count how many states are in the U.S.

Tired from campaigning? Being president will put him in a coma.
lionfan13 Wrote:I guess he's too tired to count how many states are in the U.S.

Tired from campaigning? Being president will put him in a coma.

John McCain didn't know how many houses he had either....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:John McCain didn't know how many houses he had either....
John McCain has 7 homes and no mortgage and his bills are paid by a Madison Avenue accounting firm and people think he's in touch with America.Smile
ComfortEagle Wrote:John McCain didn't know how many houses he had either....

Uh.. O.K.?
DevilsWin Wrote:John McCain has 7 homes and no mortgage and his bills are paid by a Madison Avenue accounting firm and people think he's in touch with America.Smile

How dare he be wealthy. Shame on him, Obama doesn't have to nickels to rub together. I hear he's destitute. :p

Just kidding,, you won't get an argument from me about McCain. I don't think he's the answer either.. Mighty slim pickens this year IMO.
lionfan13 Wrote:How dare he be wealthy. Shame on him, Obama doesn't have to nickels to rub together. I hear he's destitute. :p

Just kidding,, you won't get an argument from me about McCain. I don't think he's the answer either.. Mighty slim pickens this year IMO.

The point is not his wealth, but rather that he claims to be a regular american, and is looking out for the middle class. How many middle class people own 7 homes?
lionfan13 Wrote:How dare he be wealthy. Shame on him, Obama doesn't have to nickels to rub together. I hear he's destitute. :p

Sad, but true!
This was on of the best speches i have ever heard. Obama Barracked that place