Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 5 Johnson Central 1
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just saying that whomever called the pitches did not call them in the same manner, because Steveie couldn't throw a curveball, and that was the context of the subject matter being discussed.

Well I think you may be in great error in that statement as well. Are you sure that Randy Keeton did not call the pitches when Stevie played? Since he is not there now, I feel safe in saying it is not the same guy. I also believe that Rigsby called the pitches last year, and he is not there anymore as well.

You are correct, on both counts!
As good as Sheperd is he should be throwing fastball inside on the black for strike one, fast ball outside on the black for strike two, and then send the batter to the dugout on pitch three with a curve, or change up. He could probably get by with this system against 85-90% of the batters he faces in our region. This would save his arm and keep his pitch count down. I am not knocking LC's coaching staff at all, they have proved over the years they know what they are doing. However, throwing that many curveballs is odd.

How would some of you "old timers" rate him amoung some of the other good pitchers that came out of our distict? Chas Harmon, Jeremy Slone, Heath Castle, Josh LeMaster, Justin Blanton?
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:As good as Sheperd is he should be throwing fastball inside on the black for strike one, fast ball outside on the black for strike two, and then send the batter to the dugout on pitch three with a curve, or change up. He could probably get by with this system against 85-90% of the batters he faces in our region. This would save his arm and keep his pitch count down. I am not knocking LC's coaching staff at all, they have proved over the years they know what they are doing. However, throwing that many curveballs is odd.

How would some of you "old timers" rate him amoung some of the other good pitchers that came out of our distict? Chas Harmon, Jeremy Slone, Heath Castle, Josh LeMaster, Justin Blanton?

Whoa now, lets not leave out Adam Blanton, Matt Fyffe, Cory Conley, Steve Blevins and Kyle Horn.

IMO he is comparable to the best of them, probably ahead of them at this stage in his High School career. However he has thrown a ton of innings early in his high school career and this tends to be the death of a Pitcher. :HitWall: He only needs a fastball on the bottom 4 in most anyones lineup. I would think 15 to 20 a game is more than enough.