Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009-2010 Large School OVC
Who wins the Large School OVC?
Originally Posted by wildcat44 [ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?p=878699#post878699"][Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ewpost.gif][/ame] My top 3 picks would have to be:
Mason
Ashland
Boyd Co.

With Rose Hill dropping their program and Mason taking their spot that just added a very good team to the OVC. Dont know kids names just know from alot of people that they are really good and I have seen them play. Ashland (which is really Rose Hill) will be a hard game for anyone. With the Rose Hill transfers and adding Elam to the mix makes for a pretty tough team. Their gaurds can shoot and they will get after you on defense. Elam is a really good football player and not to bad a basketball either. Boyd Co. will be a tough team too. They have pretty good guard play. Jonah Black is one of the best defenders you will find. Grayson Griffith is really coming along with his shooting. They are pretty big under the basket. Jordan Smith is around 6' and 240lbs and moves really good for someone his size. These three teams, in my opinion, should compete to be the OVC champions.
I heard that Elam is not going to play basketball. I would think that in the 8th grade that Verity and Mason will be the favorites. BC will be good but unless they have added some new players then they will not have much of a bench.
I'm sure that Russell will be a tough out for some teams this year.
Unless Russell got some new players they will be middle of the pack the top 3 should be Verity, Mason, and Rowan. Then it should be pretty even between East, Boyd Ironton, andRussell in no particular order for spots 4-7.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Unless Russell got some new players they will be middle of the pack the top 3 should be Verity, Mason, and Rowan. Then it should be pretty even between East, Boyd Ironton, andRussell in no particular order for spots 4-7.
I don't know I just said they would be a tough our meaning you better be ready to play to win. Also they very well could have got new players I know the 6th grade did obviously and maybe some transfers came in to add to last years 6th and 7th squads for 7th and 8th this year because transfers happen pretty often.
I watched Rowan play in the OVC Tourney last year and they had alot of size and a PG that could flat play.
WOW !!! It's sounds like this is a great conference !!!! We need " 1 " team to set the field for the first annual " Betsy Layne " classic ........ Coaches check out our thread , and get your teams in, the caliber of play in this tourn... , will be outstanding !!!!!