Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Top Ten Rankings For Pike/Floyd County (Nov. 13)
1.Virgie
2.Betsy Layne
3.Dorton
4.Feds Creek
5.Mullins
6.Allen Central
7.Adams
8.South Floyd
9.Elkhorn City
10.Pikeville
11.Johns Creek
12.Allen
13.Belfry
14.Wesley
15.Millard
16.Stumbo
17.Phelphs
18.Kimper

This is after what I have seen in the Ken Lemasters, RBC and other scores throughout the area.
You have to remember Allen Central's leading scorer and 2008 player of the year Corey T-berry has yet to step on the floor this year because of surgery. He will be back monday before Thanksgiving.
Go A.C. :1:
bball_fan Wrote:1.Virgie
2.Betsy Layne
3.Dorton
4.Feds Creek
5.Mullins
6.Allen Central
7.Adams
8.South Floyd
9.Elkhorn City
10.Pikeville
11.Johns Creek
12.Allen
13.Belfry
14.Wesley
15.Millard
16.Stumbo
17.Phelphs
18.Kimper

This is after what I have seen in the Ken Lemasters, RBC and other scores throughout the area.

Your top 10 has 18 teams listed, You must have more fingers to count on than the rest of us. Atleast you gave some sort of recognition to all the teams.
But I get what your trying to say, looks pretty good to me also.

:relaxing:
That list is pretty darn close, but, one team , I've seen close to our region that's great, is HAZARD, they play hard from , first whistle, to last whistle ..... LOVE ME SOME BOBCATS, GO BL !!!!!!
willie cheatum Wrote:Your top 10 has 18 teams listed, You must have more fingers to count on than the rest of us. Atleast you gave some sort of recognition to all the teams.
But I get what your trying to say, looks pretty good to me also.

:relaxing:

Yeah, sorry about saying top ten then going all the way through the top 18. Planned on doing the top 10 but thought why not list everyone from top to bottom after I made the post.
i cannot believe you got belfry number 13th. the defending champs. were is the love man.even though they haven,t played a game yet due to football championships. i would not want to play them in dec.
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:i cannot believe you got belfry number 13th. the defending champs. were is the love man.even though they haven,t played a game yet due to football championships. i would not want to play them in dec.

Belfry is the one team on this list that most people have no idea about. At this point, they are definitely flying below the radar.
Saratoga_86 Wrote:That list is pretty darn close, but, one team , I've seen close to our region that's great, is HAZARD, they play hard from , first whistle, to last whistle ..... LOVE ME SOME BOBCATS, GO BL !!!!!!

I agree 100% Hazard is a great ball club. They have good size and are very quick.
I have had a parent of a boy who transfered to Mullins say that Belfry is loaded. I trust her opinion too, she really knows her basketball and also use to coach these boys in little league. However, with the talent level in Pike and Floyd County, I believe you will have to put Belfry on a wait and see status. Everyone else you know about, or at least enough about. However Belfry lost everything from last year, the best player they had returning is at Mullins now. That leaves the B team from a year ago to go by, and we all know kids grow and change between 7th and 8th grade.
bball_fan Wrote:I have had a parent of a boy who transfered to Mullins say that Belfry is loaded. I trust her opinion too, she really knows her basketball and also use to coach these boys in little league. However, with the talent level in Pike and Floyd County, I believe you will have to put Belfry on a wait and see status. Everyone else you know about, or at least enough about. However Belfry lost everything from last year, the best player they had returning is at Mullins now. That leaves the B team from a year ago to go by, and we all know kids grow and change between 7th and 8th grade.

The Belfry team last year was all 8th graders with only one of those held back.. Must have been a B team player transfer to Mullins...
The player whom I'm speaking of is Gaige Ray. From what I have been told is he started on Belfry last year or at least got a lot of playing time. From what I have seen from him this year, I could believe either of those stories because the boy is really good.
belfry has no holdbacks playing this year. on the 8th grade basketball team all real 8th graders. gaige ray played on 7th grade team last year. and i agree belfry is flying way under radar.but if i was coach may thats were i would want to be.shusssssssssss
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:belfry has no holdbacks playing this year. on the 8th grade basketball team all real 8th graders. gaige ray played on 7th grade team last year. and i agree belfry is flying way under radar.but if i was coach may thats were i would want to be.shusssssssssss

They play Cowan in our tournament tomorrow so we'll get a sneak peak at what they have. I'm sure Coach May will have them playing at their best by the end of the season. He's a really good coach in my opinion and he is certainly passionate about what he does.
You can never count Belfry out! They always seem to be competitive year in and year out!
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:belfry has no holdbacks playing this year. on the 8th grade basketball team all real 8th graders. gaige ray played on 7th grade team last year. and i agree belfry is flying way under radar.but if i was coach may thats were i would want to be.shusssssssssss

Sani Warren not playing this year? Too bad...TongueirateSho Good Luck BMS!!!TongueirateSho
bball_fan Wrote:The player whom I'm speaking of is Gaige Ray. From what I have been told is he started on Belfry last year or at least got a lot of playing time. From what I have seen from him this year, I could believe either of those stories because the boy is really good.

Gaige Ray played on the 7th grade team...