Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Betsy Layne on winning the RBC
As you all know I am a fan of Mullins but I must give credit where credit is due and congradulate Betsy Layne. It is heart breaking for me though after watching this game and thinking what happened in the first half compared to the second. I believe we have a team that is as talented as Betsy Layne but our boys are not where we need to be yet, as Coach Kidd as already stated. The first half though we showed how good we can be when we really do not hit that many shots, and we only went into the locker room down by two. What is heart breaking though is we made only a couple of mistakes which Betsy Layne capitalized off of quickly in the second half and it demoralized our team. I am sure though, any parent or coach from Betsy Layne will tell you just how good Mullins can be, especially when Caleb Meade, Damon Adkins and Gaige Ray finally find there grove. However, in my opinion this game only proves that Betsy Layne is the best team in Pike or Floyd county. When we had them in a corner going into half time, they came out swinging in the second half, something they have not had to do very often. As for big game players, the four big names between the two teams all showed. Betsy Layne's big three (Peyton Case, Chase Hall & Dylan Hamilton) all scored double digits as did our big gun, Dylan Meade. I hope though Coach Kidd and Coach Slone can take this experience and help the boys grow and learn. And if there was any doubts to how good of a coach Brandon Kidd is, all those doubts were put to rest in the Right Beaver Classic. Mullins and Betsy Layne could be a classic game in the near future, maybe we'll get to see it again.
thanks bball fan for the kind words. This past week has showed me more about our kids than the entire last season. Our special group of boys have matured and grew up so fast and so soon. Hats off the Betsy layne and I wish them nothing but the best.
I believe it is a sad thing when parent's bash there own school. The best players are going to play in grade school ball, its no longer little league. If you child does not play, give him a chance to get older and progress through the grades. Maybe by the time he is a 8th grader, he will get to play. If he is in 8th grade and does not play, there are other schools with far less talent that he could play for or start for.

What most of you are forgetting though, and this goes to the hold back haters, what if Betsy Layne had the boys they were suppose to have? Dylan Meade lives in Betsy Layne. Tyler Daniels left Betsy Layne for South Floyd. What if the starting line up at Betsy Layne was...

PG - Dylan Meade
SG - Chase Hall
SF - Peyton Case
PF - Dylan Hamilton
C - Tyler Daniels

Then you would bring Spencer, Jarrell and the other boy (sorry but his name slips my mind) off the bench along with Dalton Meade who can shoot the lights out like his brother. So be happy with what you are dealing with, because it could be a lot worse.
bball_fan Wrote:I believe it is a sad thing when parent's bash there own school. The best players are going to play in grade school ball, its no longer little league. If you child does not play, give him a chance to get older and progress through the grades. Maybe by the time he is a 8th grader, he will get to play. If he is in 8th grade and does not play, there are other schools with far less talent that he could play for or start for.

What most of you are forgetting though, and this goes to the hold back haters, what if Betsy Layne had the boys they were suppose to have? Dylan Meade lives in Betsy Layne. Tyler Daniels left Betsy Layne for South Floyd. What if the starting line up at Betsy Layne was...

PG - Dylan Meade
SG - Chase Hall
SF - Peyton Case
PF - Dylan Hamilton
C - Tyler Daniels

Then you would bring Spencer, Jarrell and the other boy (sorry but his name slips my mind) off the bench along with Dalton Meade who can shoot the lights out like his brother. So be happy with what you are dealing with, because it could be a lot worse.

:Thumbs: They're all great kids we'll take them back anytime , they want to come home, ( WOW ! that's an unbelieveable lineup ) Coach ******* are you seeing this ? If we , could keep just one group together, it would be fun to watch , I'm thinking :1:
bball_fan said

"What most of you are forgetting though, and this goes to the hold back haters, what if Betsy Layne had the boys they were suppose to have? Dylan Meade lives in Betsy Layne. Tyler Daniels left Betsy Layne for South Floyd. What if the starting line up at Betsy Layne was"

This would be true for High School but if we're talking middle school then John M. Stumbo Elementary should be the one crying foul.

look at the boys that live in their district that choose (and it's their right to choose) to go to another school.

Dylan Hamilton - BL
Chase Hall - BL
Jarred Jarrell - BL
Tyler Daniels - SF
Dalton Maldonado - Virgie
Dalton Frasure - Adams
Matt Kidd - WCS

and I might be missing a few this is all I could come up with.

If you put the kids back in their district then everybodies top ten would look
different.

1. John M. Stumbo
2. Virgie
and all of the rest 3 - 10

Good Day Sports Fans

:relaxing:
That is about the smartest thing you have put on here! And yeah Stumbo would have been a power house. If the principal would have made some wiser decisions years ago most of those kids would have still been there.....
willie cheatum Wrote:bball_fan said

"What most of you are forgetting though, and this goes to the hold back haters, what if Betsy Layne had the boys they were suppose to have? Dylan Meade lives in Betsy Layne. Tyler Daniels left Betsy Layne for South Floyd. What if the starting line up at Betsy Layne was"

This would be true for High School but if we're talking middle school then John M. Stumbo Elementary should be the one crying foul.

look at the boys that live in their district that choose (and it's their right to choose) to go to another school.

Dylan Hamilton - BL
Chase Hall - BL
Jarred Jarrell - BL
Tyler Daniels - SF
Dalton Maldonado - Virgie
Dalton Frasure - Adams
Matt Kidd - WCS

and I might be missing a few this is all I could come up with.

If you put the kids back in their district then everybodies top ten would look
different.

1. John M. Stumbo
2. Virgie
and all of the rest 3 - 10

Good Day Sports Fans

:relaxing:

Never thought of it this way, but your right. Stumbo would be set!
I don't want to hear about holdbacks anymore! These are kids we're talking about and this is meant to be a learning experience, that's why holdbacks are legal. So people need to get over it and move on with their lives because if this is the only thing holding you back from moving on then you have some serious problems.

Next time a member mentions holdback in a Betsy Layne thread they will be suspended.
They are all 8th grade teams, leave them alone and let them play!