Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEC Coach of the Year: Rich Brooks
College Football news has named Rich Brooks SEC Coach of the year for 2009 Congratulations to Coach Brooks for a well deserved award. :1:
Very well deserved. I'm glad he finally got some national recognition.
Awesome!
Great to hear for Coach Brooks!! Did not really expect it with Saban and Meyer battle the championship game.
I certainly did not expect this
Stardust Wrote:I certainly did not expect this

you and me both. but Congrats Coach Brooks
WOW,surprise,surprise,surprise hats off to Coach Brooks.::Clap::Clap:
maybe if joker phillips would've called it a little better he might of been NCAA COTY
Congrats Coach Brooks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Great honor. Now we need to top off his tenure at UK with a 4th bowl win.
Yes got to love it, go pap go
Great news
Great news! He obviously had my vote :worthy:
Im stunned. We lost to many winnable games.
Congrats Papaw!!!
yeah i think this year was a good year for the cats and Brooks...Congrats
Good honor.

I think this award was given as a summary of his tenure in Lexington. I believe that many people think this is his last year, and it is a nice gesture for a man that has had a great season.
He's done now mark it down, he wanted to go out on a high note, another bowl win where it all started against the team it began against, SEC coach of the year all the makings for a retierment. Get ready everyone the era of JOKER now begins
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:He's done now mark it down, he wanted to go out on a high note, another bowl win where it all started against the team it began against, SEC coach of the year all the makings for a retierment. Get ready everyone the era of JOKER now begins

Sounds like a horror story.
Congrats!! Coach Brooks has been deserving to receive that for years now!!
Congrats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Think he has deserved this for some time .
Mark my words, paw paw is not done. He will come back next year and try to win the SEC. Wont happen but as long as he has a contract there that will be his goal and he will not stop until he has done it or that contract runs out.
Congrats Coach Brooks, its well deserved. I hope he comes back next year, but if not it will be exciting to start the Joker era.
great news only if he coud beat tennessee
logmountainboy64 Wrote:great news only if he coud beat tennessee

And he obviously can't. But, congrats on winning this very prestigious award Rich Brooks........ Haha. Okay, all jokes aside, Brooks is a good coach. He doesn't always have that much talent to work with, but has turned UK into a competitive team, rather than the SEC's whipping post. If you get a SEC Coach of the year award from some magazine or website for doing that, then I can't think of a more deserving candidate.